PDA

View Full Version : What I did today!!

alleyoop
01-01-2005, 05:01 PM
It has been SOOOO long since I have felt that feeling of true pride and personal accomplishment that I truely forgot what it felt like. I am brimming and just want to share and inspire! I ran my very first race EVER this morning! A 5K in just under 32 minutes! Just 3 months after DD's birth by C-section, in XL shorts, with my thighs rubbing together and all!

If I can do a 5K, then believe me, YOU can do anything!! Use 2005 to try something new! Now, about those pesky 30 pounds to loose....

PS. If anyone need a virtual running partner, just let me know. I would love to have some "imaginary" running friends to support!

papal
01-01-2005, 06:42 PM
Congrats Heather!! Way to Go!!!
I really need to start exercising too... but am not back to running form yet.. just fast walking. I need to lose some 30-40 pounds.. ugh. I am the biggest I have ever been. ugh. A size 14 and 160 pounds. I can't believe I am admitting this. I used to be a size 4 and 120 pounds, many moons ago. I need help!!!!!!

aliceinwonderland
01-01-2005, 09:11 PM
My numbers are stricklingly similar. 30 pounds to lose. I've done it before, but cannot seem to get my act together now!!

My wedding dress, not long ago, was a size 4. Tight, but it fit. I don't think I can one thigh in now!!

To the OP: That is SO amazing! Very inspiring!

egoldber
01-01-2005, 11:14 PM
Wow, thats great!!! Good for you!!!

khakismom
01-02-2005, 03:12 PM
Heather, that is AWESOME!!! I am so psyched for you!! Congrats! A huge accomplishment 3 months after your DD's birth--very inspirational!! :)

MartiesMom2B
01-02-2005, 07:23 PM
Awesome. That's so great. Good for you. I'm thinking about taking up running when the weather gets better (even though it's 70 degrees out now).

-Sonia