PDA

View Full Version : Posting week 12/27

JulieL
01-03-2005, 11:04 AM
Hey gals, Happy New Year!!!

Well I had a blast on my trip to TN w/DH. We had a lot of fun together and really got to just concentrate on each other. We ended up hiking 2 of the 4 days on our trip to the Smokeys. Our first hike was 5 miles, very nice and not very hard. Our second hike - OUCH!!! It was 6.2 miles to the top of the mountain we went on, elevation aprx 5500, and of course there was the 6.2 back down the mountain. Let me tell you this was sssoooooo hard. We had an elevation increase of 4100 ft from where we started. Our hike up was exactly that, up for 4 hours. The sucky thing was there was basically no flat ground, nor decline on our way up. Every corner we turned was up and up and up. DH never told me the elevation increase because he thought I could handle it, and I did, but let me just say, we were BOTH hurting and tired once we got up. DH is an avid backpacker. This summer he and a buddy went for 6 days in Colorado and 80 miles total hiking. He said this was on of the hardest hikes he's done. He said it wasn't the length of the hike but the constant upward climb that was so hard. Your muscles never got a let down. Downwards was much better, although tiring towards the last 2 miles or so, cause it was a constant downward slope as well. Needless to day my legs killed me for 2 days. My calves bared the worse of it. They almost felt like the muscles were bruised from it. The great thing was I can say I did it, and now I'm more confident I can do longer hikes with DH and even think I'll try backpacking with him. I really think I could hike 20 miles in a day if it wasn't that intense the whole trip! So even though it was a vacation I totally did work out! Can I say I sweat sssooooo much!

How was your week? Maureen I saw your before/after picks you look great! Also for those who are into running acountability partners Maureen and I both are into running, so come and join us! Hope you all had a great new year bash, I just slept!

egoldber
01-03-2005, 09:03 PM
OK, I'm still here I swear!! :)

I didn't do anything last week though, I'm afraid. We were at my family's for the holiday weekend and my father became suddenly very ill. Anyway, long story short, no time for working out last week. But I am back in the groove this week. ;)

A great thing though, is that I finally convinced DH to start getting to the gym too. He saw a personal trainer and is on a workout program now. I am pretty excited that we will now be able to keep each other motivated!

I also had to buy some new (larger) workout bras. I was offically busting out (so to speak) of my old ones, and some new ones were definitely in order!!!

MartiesMom2B
01-03-2005, 09:32 PM
OK so I put my diet on the wayside for the holidays. The good news is that I didn't gain anymore weight than I wanted to, and I'm back on the program. I'm hoping to get in a few workouts this week.

-Sonia

psophia17
01-04-2005, 02:35 PM
I'm lumping two weeks into one, because I seriously didn't realize that there were two weeks happening so quickly!!

Okay, Christmas through New Years was bad bad bad, because we had two Christmas parties, one 1st birthday party, and one New Year's Blowout (mental note, do NOT drink 2 bottles of champagne in 5 hours EVER AGAIN!).

However, for the most part, the past two weeks were about getting 2005 in fitness and nutrition order. First, I used my Christmas $ to buy a Palm Pilot, and proceeded to download my WW Calc Journal from a yahoo group for that purpose (PM or email me if you're interested in this program - it's GREAT) and although I'm not officially joining WW again, I feel that just journaling and following my allowed points using this program (it calculates them for you) will help me a ton. I also received an exercise ball as a Christmas present, which is great, and figured out my fitness schedule for the coming 6 weeks. It is: 2 hrs of Power Water; 1 hr of Outdoor parent&tot stroller workout; 1hr total body conditioning, each and every week. That's 4 hours of real working out per week, and should be really good for me. I'm very excited :)

I also saw the weight loss tickers over at the Lounge, and got myself one. So that'll be helping me, too.

Can I say YAY 2005? YAY!! :)

I hope everyone has a banner year, like I plan to have :D

ETA: I forgot to say that I lost 3lbs over the past two weeks - although I suspect that was from feeling so ill after all that champagne. While not a good dieting tool, I'll not be happy if I keep it off ;)

heidi_timms
01-04-2005, 07:19 PM
Okay I am lumping two weeks into one as well. Christmas week, I was extremely sick with a fever and and a cold. I did manage two workouts that week, which was a miracle. I really wasn't feeling that well, but was scared of holiday food. Last week, I only made it to the gym once. Horrible. We had out of town guests come and then huge snow storms hit where we were snowed in. I wasn't able to get to my Jazzercise. I'm back on track this week thank goodness!

Happy New Year everyone!

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

lukkykatt
01-04-2005, 11:13 PM
Ok, I'll do 2 weeks in one post too. We had all kinds of crazy stuff going on - back injury (DH), illness (everyone in the house spaced over 2 weeks), Christmas, DS' bday... All this a prelude to me saying that I averaged 2 workouts a week. At least I still got some in though, which I think was good. Eating - not so stellar.

I am now back on track. The good news is that DH is back on track too - it is always more easy for me to keep up with my goals while I am not watching DH eat a bunch of junk - for I have no willpower...

Happy New Year, everyone! Julie and Maureen, you both look fantastic! Thanks for sharing your pics.