PDA

View Full Version : It's 2005 we all have a fresh start - come join us!!!

JulieL
01-03-2005, 11:43 AM
To the lurkers, to the past posters, to new joiners to BBB

This is the honestly posted forum where we bare the truth about our bodies, our eating habits and what we want to do to change them. Every week we post what we did the past week. Here you talk about how you are eating better, drinking less soda, working out for the first time ever and so on. There is no shame in saying you did nothing for the week, or indulged into to many Christmas cookies (um, I did for sure!). It's about being accountable to keep up a healthy life style! Also besides posting each week we ask questions about fitness videos, workouts, diets, and whatever it is that you are wondering about. We are moms sure, but we can be sexy, fit, and have more energy than we ever had before. When I first started working out 2 1/2 years ago after DS was 4 months old I was a tight size 12, with NO muscle definition anywhere, and plenty of fat still in my face. I have two attachments here, the first is when DH was 3 months old, and the second is one year later. I don't have any good lengthwise pics since, but even since that picture I have lost more fat and gained more muscle. I want to encourage everyone here that you can do it, you can lose weight and it really does feel great. I have lost 6 inches in my hips since that first picture, almost 5 inches in my waist!!! So please feel encouraged, before my son was born I was not athletic at all so I if I can do it so can you! Here's to a great healthy 2005!

amazz
01-03-2005, 06:32 PM
Julie--Just wanted to say that I am becoming an official member of this forum. :) I have about 30 more lbs I would like to lose before I TTC again (which won't be for at least until Kami is 18 mos old). I was so miserable when I was so fat even before I got pg that I refuse to let that happen again.

Any tips on getting started? I am still BFing if that makes any difference.

Angela
Mama to Kami Allyse (10/10/04)
A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on. ~Carl Sandburg

papal
01-04-2005, 09:37 AM
I am joining you all!
Dh made me an excel spreadsheet of what to do everyday.
So yesterday was my first day, I did:
Rev. Lunges w/Fan lifter - 3x10/no weight
Calf Raises 3x10
Bicep Curl 3x10/7lb
D. Dog, U. Dog, Triangle , Warrior-2, 3x - 15 seconds ea

I was supposed to do Crunches/3x10 but didn't.

cinrein
01-04-2005, 11:00 AM
Me, me, me!!!

Julie, you look fantastic! Way to go!

I used to exercise (before Anna) and lost weight last year on SBD. Now most of it has creeped back and I only just got back to going to the gym 2 times a week. I felt so much better when I ate good and exercised and my flabby body is longing to go back to where I was. So here I am, I want to treat my body better.

Cindy and Anna February 2003

jk3
01-04-2005, 11:12 AM
Julie - thanks for inspiring us!

I was in pretty decent shape before I got pg with my DS. Pregnancy wreaked havoc on my body - combination of bedrest and gaining 50 pounds on my 5' 4 frame. I got back into the best shape I could given a back injury and lost 40 pounds. Now that I have the injury under control I am committed to getting back into shape. I rejoined the gym 2 weeks ago. The first week I worked out 3 times, last week I was sick so I stayed home + this week I worked out yesterday + will go this afternoon. I'm also going to try to eat better.

Wishing everyone lots of good luck. Here's to a healthier 2005!

Jenn
DS 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

npace19147
01-04-2005, 03:03 PM
I am in too! I'm on here every day, might as well start making it about fitness for me as well as stuff for DD!

I had my DD 7 months ago and still need to lose 18 lbs. to get back to my pre-pg weight. I honestly believe that some of it is from nursing, but a lot of it is from all the Ben & Jerry's!

My husband and I were good about following the Body for Life plan but fell off the wagon. I am going to get back on and feel good about myself. Yesterday I did the treadmill and today I did weight training. Both days I wore DD in her carrier which is definitely cardio.

I want to lose the weight, but I also just want to be in better shape so I can chase after her once she becomes mobile, which is not far off! :)

heidi_timms
01-04-2005, 08:36 PM
Julie!

I just want to tell you how great you look! You are such a beautiful mama! What an inspiration. Thank you for making the first post every week and helping us to keep going with our goals. My goal for 2005 is to lose 5-10lbs and to reshape my stomach area. I would love to have my tighter stomach back.

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

stella
01-05-2005, 10:38 PM
well, I bought a scale yesterday. does that count as getting real? I am horrified at what it says. But at least it was just me alone in my bathroom.

I am too fat to even go to weight watchers. I can't have that number written down in my little book.

Maybe when I lose 10 lbs I will start WW.

Thanks for the inspiration!!

sbirmantaz
01-06-2005, 08:06 PM
Thanks Julie for the motivational post, I need to start posting weekly. I had 2 dd's back to back (they are 13 months apart) and need to lose 30#'s this year. I have some videos to use and love to walk. Looking forward to helping each other get/stay fit!

bcky2
01-07-2005, 02:36 PM
talking about scales i bought one a few weeks ago and am joining ww for the 3rd time(quit for each kid). if i have the nerve to go than you can do it to, i have over 100lbs to loose. so go for it you are never too fat to do anything even weigh in. good luck!!!!!!!!

psophia17
01-07-2005, 08:58 PM
You don't need to wait to join WW - I did it when I was at a weight I couldn't believe I ever got to, and it was exactly the motivation that I needed. Even if that little number was recorded, accurately, for the first time ever (the drs' office doesn't count), every week I could see it going down, and it was hugely motivational :)

An added benefit, if you want to call it that, is that the heavier a person is the more points they get. I'm doing WW now on my palm pilot, and I get 24-29 points per day, and I can do it!!! You can too!

The WW points work out like this:
weight -- points
149 -- 18-23
174 -- 20-25
199 -- 22-27
224 -- 24-29
249 -- 26-31
274 -- 28-33
299 -- 29-34
324 -- 30-35
349 -- 31-36
999 -- 32-37

Trust me, and trust yourself - you CAN do it!!!

vikivoly
01-07-2005, 10:50 PM
Julie,

Thanks for being such an inspiration. This was always a forum that I totally ignored. I hope to be seen more frequently here and I promise that I'll be 100% truthful with you all about my weight. :)

vikivoly
01-07-2005, 10:57 PM
I know how tough it can be. That number can be intimidating, but as you can see by my ticker I've not held back. I never told anyone my weight before and here I am broadcasting it to the world. So far, it's been such a burden that has been lifted. I'm not hiding any more, not that I was truly hiding anything to begin with. ;) I've never done WW, but I'm sure that they will all be as supportive as the mommies are here.

sugarsnappea
01-10-2005, 08:32 AM
Ok- I have been lurking in this forum since you started this. Now, I am ready to take the plunge. Here's to a healthy 2005! :)

babymama
01-10-2005, 01:11 PM
I signed up for 12 sessions with a personal trainer. I'm currently at 36% body fat...YUK! I'm supposed to be around 23-24%. So I'll be working hard to get there and happy to know that I can check in here for inspiration and support.

The trainer cost so much more money than I ever expected to pay, but I feel like I need the personal attention and accountability.

This is the 2nd time in my life that I've gotten to the point of intervention. The first time was about a year after I finished a marathon. I pretty much stopped running and was only minimally active bc hey, I had just RUN A MARATHON! Problem was...I kept *eating* like I was training for a marathon (carbo loading, etc). So my weight just got out of control. Then I joined Weight Watchers - which I really liked. I lost about 20 pounds and kept them off until I got pregnant. I was actually pretty fit throughout pgncy, but when the CHAOS of having a newborn took hold I was not sleeping, not eating well, not taking care of myself. THen I stopped nursing, and ....whoa, mama! the pounds came right back on. So NOW, I'm not yet as bad as I was when I went to WW, but I think it's time to define muscle again and lose about 15 pounds. At a weight loss rate of 1 lb per week, that's gonna take a while.

Lydia
Mama to Santiago, born 11/16/03