PDA

View Full Version : Parting ways w/ these foods (snif, snif)

babymama
01-10-2005, 05:03 PM
I'm saying goodbye today to a few foods that I rediscovered during pregnancy and haven't given up since. Here's a list of the foods:

1) Butter. It will be so hard without you, my creamy friend...but we're finished. I have a new friend now whose first name is "I can't belive it's not."

2) Mayonaisse. Mr. Mayo we rediscovered each other just a short time ago after a decades-long hiatus. I will allow myself to indulge with your tasty cousin, Mr. Low Fat Mayo, but only for a little splurge now and then.

3) Cheese. Cheese, you know I could never get totally rid of you in my life. Let's just say, you'll be more of a supporting actor than the lead in my diet.

4) Juice. It's not you, it's me.

5) White bread. Sorry buddy, going for the grainy stuff now.

6) Flour tortillas. It won't be the same without you, but corn will do.

7) Sugary cereal. You just make me work too hard at the gym.

OK, that's all I can think of for now. Here's to healthy choices!

Lydia
Mama to Santiago, born 11/16/03

JulieL
01-10-2005, 06:03 PM
you crack me up... um number 3 really gets me (so many choices - xtra sharp cheddar, irish cheddar, havarti, gouda, brie...sigh...)

Can I say if you could at one point do a marathon (I'm totally jealous!) then you can totally do this, it's all about the mind!

btw way to go!

g-mama
01-11-2005, 08:15 PM
Hilarious! Thanks for the laugh, Lydia. I need to say goodbye to all these things, too. Sugary cereal was a staple during both of my pregnancies and the only reason I don't have it now is that my 4yo will want to eat it, too. x( Cheese is tough, too. Who am I kidding, they're all delicious!

Kristen
Paolo 11-00
Benjamin 8-03