PDA

View Full Version : Week 1/10 - check in!

npace19147
01-17-2005, 01:51 PM
I had a good week last week, even though DH was on vacation LOL! I worked out every day, 3 days weight training 3 days on the treadmill. I wasn't so good about the eating...DH kept saying "but we're on vacation!"...but I could have been worse. Sunday was my "free day" so I ate a whole bunch of cake and felt sick, which I guess is a good sign!

How's everyone else doing?

psophia17
01-17-2005, 05:11 PM
My holidays are finally over!!

Between October and February, there are several family birthdays, including DS and DH, which in addition to the holidays make eating healthy really difficult. But all that ended as of Saturday night, when DH's best friend cooked us a dinner reminiscent of what DH would usually get at The Keg, his favorite steakhouse. We had prime rib, crab artichoke dip, baked garlic shrimp, some kind of au gratin hash browned potatoes, cheese sauce on the veggies, and did I mention the huge slab of prime rib? Well, it more than doubled my WW points for the day, and I was convinced that I would do horribly this morning as a result (don't forget that on Tuesday we had two birthday cakes at the house for DH, too), but I LOST 2 POUNDS!!! I am very, very excited :D

Fitness-wise, I did alright. I went did two workouts on Wednesday, but missed going on Friday morning like I'd planned to. I think I'm going to stop trying to do morning workouts, DS's nap schedule is too erratic to work around. Instead, I've decided that I'm going to do Power Water or take a class on Monday, Tuesday is off, Wednesday is our stroller workout in the morning and Power Water in the evening, I'm going to go to Total Body Conditioning on Thursday, and Friday-Sunday I take off unless I really feel like doing something. Also, my best friend has told me that if I meet certain short term goals, she will be my fitness reward fairy. If after 5 weeks I make it to 90% of my scheduled fitness activities (2 skips), I get a reward. If I also lose 10 lbs in that time, I get an additional reward. This is really helpful, especially since the family (including DH) just isn't enthusiastic about my eating healthy and exercising...supportive, yes - enthusiastic, no.

All in all - a banner week :D

vikivoly
01-17-2005, 11:15 PM
I had another good week. For the most part, I stuck with all of my "rules", no soda and no sweets. I had a fairly hectic week, so I had to do some eating on the fly, but I made good choices. My one downfall was Sunday. We had our extended family Christmas party, so I ate a fairly large meal and had my first soda. I would have chosen something else, but the options were limited. I also had some sweets, but small portions. I wasn't sure whether I should have been a sticker and bypassed the soda and sweets or not. My goal was to go two weeks without either and I went 13 days. I was happy when I saw that I lost one more pound. I figured my 7 lb loss during the first week was due to water, clothing, time of weigh in, etc., so I almost expected to have gained a pound or two. I'm satisfied with an 8 lb loss in two weeks.

I noticed that my cravings are few and far between. I no longer need to have that "full" feeling. I'm making progress.

sbirmantaz
01-18-2005, 08:50 AM
Bad week last week, I had a terrible cold... This week will be better!

sbirmantaz
01-18-2005, 08:50 AM
Bad week last week, I had a terrible cold... This week will be better!

jk3
01-18-2005, 11:00 AM
I made it to the gym 3 times last week which is decent. I think I'm doing better with the eating healthfully bit but it's hard when it's so cold outside! I might not make it to the gym too frequently this week since I feel badly dragging DS out in the bitter cold first thing in the morning. My DH commented that it looks like I've lost some weight which is great. I'm anti-scale so I'll go with his word!

I hope everyone had a great week!

Jenn
DS 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

JulieL
01-18-2005, 11:30 AM
Week workouts were fine:

1. day of upper body weights and ab work
2. kickboxing
3. upper body weights
4. cardio w/abs

Don't have much time to talk but week was ok for me. I'll check in later.

lukkykatt
01-19-2005, 10:46 PM
I had a good week. I am improving my post-holiday eating - weaning alot of junk out of the house and snacking less.

I worked out 5 times, which I am happy about. I am now trying to set some new/different goals to try to improve on what I have been doing.

Glad to see alot of people around this week!

amazz
01-20-2005, 12:19 PM
I had a terrible week. Kami was diagnosed with reflux and then caught a cold at the dr.'s office so the only exercise I got was walking miles around our house. I also feel like I can't get full. I don't know what that is about, but I'm eating constantly I feel like and haven't made that great of choices. We were both so tired this week that take out and fast food were the menu items of choice. BAD BAD BAD!
I did finally order my workout videos so they should be here soon.
Even though I had a bad week, I'm checking in here to keep myself accountable to y'all!

Angela
Mama to Kami Allyse (10/10/04)
A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on. ~Carl Sandburg

npace19147
01-20-2005, 01:15 PM
Poor thing - DD has reflux, zantac has helped her quite a bit, did your ped give you anything?

Hopefully once you get in the habit of working out it will help you sleep and feel better overall.

Hope Kami feels better soon!

heidi_timms
01-20-2005, 08:37 PM
I had a minimal week last week, which was a bummer. I was very happyt to at least make it to Jazzercise 2 times. My eating has been okay, but really needs to improve. DH and I have been eating out a lot, which is really making it so hard. For some reason it's so much harder to make healthy choices at restaurants!

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

amazz
01-23-2005, 03:28 PM
Kami got some Zantac but HATED the taste. That mint stuff is nasty so my DH (who is a pharmacist) made his own with grape and she took that better, but after a couple of days refused to take that either. Sooo now we are giving her Prilosec and both meds have worked wonders for her. And she is finally over her cold so she is back to my happy, laughing baby. :)

How long has your DD been on Zantac? The dr said she should grow out of it, but I just wondered what your experience has been.

Angela
Mama to Kami Allyse (10/10/04)
A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on. ~Carl Sandburg