PDA

View Full Version : Workout Wear?

psophia17
01-19-2005, 04:14 PM
I need some - but can't find anything that works.

Right now I'm a size 18 or 20, and a 40DD bra. I need a good, supportive sports bra (I'm thinking of the Enell, which you can check out at www.enell.com), but haven't a clue where to start for other stuff. I don't like bulky pants or sweat pants, and I prefer kind of fitted tops to DH's t-shirts. Right now, I tend to wear a pair of leggings that are not designed for working out and DH's XXL t-shirts. I need something better than this, but don't even know where to start.

Help!!

boogiemom
01-19-2005, 06:02 PM
I have the same issues. I have a horrible time finding sports bras! Try Title Nine. It's a catalog and I'm sure they have a website. I think my bra was listed as the "The Last Resort Bra". :) I don't remember exactly.

Good Luck!

JulieL
01-20-2005, 09:17 AM
Petra I was going to suggest Title 9 as well.

http://www.title9sports.com/jump.jsp?itemID=0&itemType=HOME_PAGE

But as another possiblity here is a link to Lands End, their stuff is just great! Tip, check on their overstocks and see if anything is on sale as well that you want, check periodically.

http://www.landsend.com/cd/index/fp/0,,32541,00.html?sid=8070163756052154020

http://www.landsend.com/cd/ov/line/0,1460,2_17273_17277_39238___,00.html?sid=80701637 56052154020

Now another thought, Wal-Mart has a great selection of workout clothes. They have a nice plus size department. I wouldn't be surprised if they had something as well.

MelissaTC
01-21-2005, 08:58 PM
Moving Comfort sports bras are the best. I love them because they are super supportive and I swear, hold those girls in place. I also like their underwear. www.movingcomfort.com/index.html They are pricy but totally worth the money. They also make workout gear. I tend to hit Wal-Mart and Target for those kinds of goodies. I think someone posted awhile back that Lane Bryant was now selling Danskin items.

HTH!

Kimberly H
01-21-2005, 10:48 PM
Try Junonia too - pricey but I like their stuff almost as much as Title 9.

The website is http://www.junonia.com

psophia17
01-23-2005, 05:31 PM
That's the Enell bra!!! Do you love it? What are the care instructions? Please post a review for me!!

FYI, it's on sale right now at www.breakoutbras.com, which has free shipping.

psophia17
01-23-2005, 05:32 PM
I just hit Wal-mart, and got 2 pairs of workout pants and 4 tops for $75 Cdn, which is a great deal. Plus they all match my sneakers ;)

Now to order myself a sturdy bra (or two), and I'll be all set until I go down a couple of sizes.

psophia17
01-23-2005, 05:39 PM
Which of the Moving Comfort bras have you got? I am looking at the Fiona Bra and the Maia Bra. I can't tell if either has underwires (I hope they don't) or if the straps are adjustable. Please let me know! I think I can get these bras easily from Sears in Canada, which would be sweet.

TIA!!

babymama
01-24-2005, 03:18 PM
On bras, I have had good luck with Champion and Reebok. I like the sports bra that give me a uni-boob and offer minimal to no movement. I've actually even sized down in order to achieve maximum uni-boob-ness. On workout wear, I would go for items that are made of coolmax or dri-fit fabrics. Cotton absorbs sweat and feels cold/damp. Cool-max, Dri-fit, and comparable fabrics are gonna keep you comfy long after you start sweating. I know they're more expensive, but in the long run...it'll pay off. I buy gym shorts with the underwear already built in so I don't have to worry about chafing or worry about my undies showing when I lift my legs to do crunches. I used to be a runner and chafing from thigh rubbing was killer, but I had good luck with minimal chafing with New Balance shorts. I used to buy a lot from lucy.com - they had frequent sales and have high quality stuff. Then their site went dark for a couple of years. NOW it is back, but I'm not seeing those great sales like they used to have. Anyway, it may be worth checking out (www.lucy.com).

Good luck!

Lydia
Mama to Santiago, born 11/16/03