PDA

View Full Version : Week 1/17 - Check In!!

psophia17
01-24-2005, 01:10 PM
I had to post this morning, I am so excited :)

First, I lost another two pounds this past week, which is all-around great. So far I've lost 9 lbs since Christmas.

Nutrition: I ate in my points, and actually had a ton of points in reserve that I didn't use at all. We even went out to dinner and I had a house salad and calimari, and that was it. This is totally out of character for me - restaurants are where I traditionally binge.

Fitness: I got in 4 workouts - I did 25 minutes on the fat burning program of the exercise bike at the gym because traffic kept me from making it to the step class I was goingn to try, I did my outdoor stroller workout with DS, my Power Water class, and then on Thursday I did a high intensity Total Body Conditioning (TBC) class that was really awesome. It was hard to follow the choreography, but I kept up. It wasn't easy and I had to do the modified versions of some of the exercises, but I wasn't completely winded, and after it was over I was just so energized - I have been since, and that was four days ago.

I hope you all had weeks as awesome as mine - and that this week is just as awesome, too!!

npace19147
01-24-2005, 02:31 PM
Congrats, Petra! That sounds great!

My week wasn't quite as good as that. I was once again good on the exercise 3x treadmill, 3x weight training, and I went up on some of my weights so I felt good about that. But the scale said I went up a pound. Maybe it's muscle? :)

Anyway, I know that I need to change my nutrition part of the equation. My DH is away this week (gulp! first time!) so I am going to make a huge push to eat better. Unfortunately, I think we encourage each other to some bad habits. So I am going to take Viki's suggestion and cut chocolate out. Cold Turkey. My hands are trembling as I type this...I'll let you know how I do!

JulieL
01-24-2005, 03:21 PM
Yeah Petra and Nancy!

Petra maybe your new workout clothes gave you a boost, it's nice knowing you look cute! ;)

My week was crappy big time sssoooo, 3 workouts all weight lifting. I really wanted to get cardio in, but it didn't happen. Here's to a better week!

lukkykatt
01-24-2005, 05:05 PM
We had a very tough week last week. DH was out of town all week, and DS got croup on about day 2 or 3 that DH was away. I was averaging about 3-4 hours of sleep a night.

BUT, I got in 2 workouts. That is not something I would normally be excited about, but I did try to keep up my schedule to any extent possible. So I am proud that I still tried to get something in instead of just throwing in the towel for the week like I would have in the past.

Big cheers to those who are losing weight. Congrats!!!

egoldber
01-24-2005, 05:26 PM
Congrats on the continue weight loss Petra!! Once you get on a roll, it gets easier and easier, I think, to stay motivated!

I will do 2 weeks worth, since we were out of town last Monday. The week of 1/10 was good for me. I did 4 workouts:

Total body + cardio (Stairmaster + treadmill)
Total body + cardio (Fitlinxx elliptical)
Lower body + cardio (treadmill)
Total body + cardio (treadmill)

Last week, we were on vacation from 1/16 to 1/23. I am very proud of DH because he went to a gym twice while we were away. But it was a boat ride away (we were at a resort on a private island) and it was just too much for me to deal with. But the upside is that we stayed in a hillside villa that involved a climb of 200 steps to get to it. I did that about 4-5 times a day all week, so maybe that counts as a workout?? LOL! :)

vikivoly
01-24-2005, 11:58 PM
Petra great job! It is exciting isn't it!

I had another good week. I made some really good menu choices and totally avoided soda. I did have 2 mini cupcakes on Sunday. They were very small, probably 1/3 the size of an avg. cupcake. It's getting easier and become more of a habit to eat healthy. I've never felt so good about making these changes before. I don't feel that I'm depriving myself of anything, but heading towards a new, healthier, happier life.

I'm adding exercise into my new lifestyle this week. My goal is to do a minimum of 4 workouts per week and hopefully 5.

jk3
01-25-2005, 07:54 AM
Congrats, Vicki. I'm impressed by how well you are reaching your goals.

My week was decent but not fantastic. I went to the gym twice but now my DS is having problems in the childcare so I'm not sure what is going to happen. Yesterday one of the babysitters came to get me because he was inconsolable. He was never a clingy child but apparently this is a new phase! I'm going to continue to go 3-4 times a week even if I end up staying for a short amount of time because I really would like him to be more comfortable AND I need the exercise!

Jenn
DS 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

amazz
01-25-2005, 11:39 AM
Congrats on your weight loss!!
I didn't exercise last week, but have my videos now so hopefully I'll have something better to report this week. :)
I bought dried fruit to be my something sweet during the day, and I do feel better about myself for eating that rather than going for cake or candy. And I did cook a few more times this last week and if we did eat out I tried to get something semi-healthy. So last week was better than the week before and hopefully this week will be even better!!

Angela
Mama to Kami Allyse (10/10/04)http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/otn/love/luvlove.gif[/IMG]
A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on. ~Carl Sandburg

babymama
01-25-2005, 12:40 PM
I'm not doing a whole lot on the nutrition side yet bc I'm starting out slowly. I plan on starting Weight Watchers this weekend.

In terms of fitness, I am working out with a trainer. We are doing 90% strength training and 10% cardio. The idea is for me to do cardio on my own. I meet with her 2x/week - one session is arms/abs and the other is legs/butt/abs.

I met with the trainer on Wednesday and on Friday. It was REALLY FREAKIN' HARD on Wednesday. I have a very high threshold for pain (head my baby with no meds), but for some reason I was in so much pain on Wednesday that I nearly cried. The last 3 sets of squats (hold for 30 seconds each) were just too hard after having done 5 sets of leg presses, high knees across the room for (i don't know) 4 sets, and a ton of other leg and glute exercises (step up on a really high bench, leg lifts with a stretchy thing atttached to weight). I made it through, but I was not happy about it.

Here's what I am proud of about Wednesday....the trainer saw how hard I was struggling with th efirst of the 3 sets of squats so she said "Ok, go ahead and just give me 20 seconds". I said "No way, I'm doing those 30 seconds." Said it almost without thinking about it. I think it came from a place inside me that is unwilling to let pain get the best of me, unwilling to let pain (as excruciating as it was) stand in my way of getting to my goal. ALSO...looking at it with fresh eyes, I think I was probably dehydrated. So I know I need to concentrate on staying hydrated.

My session with the trainer on Friday was fine. We worked arms and abs. My back hurts a bit, so I know I need to concentrate on my form (contracting abs and pressing my back down against the floor/bench).

Last week I was PMSing and didn;t know it. Before the baby, I rarely if ever, PMS'd, but now I'm a total PMS queen. I get in a funk, have a bad attitude, feel generally blah - not the best for sticking with my fitness goals.

I feel good though, I feel strong and am feeling like my hard work is paying off.

Lydia
Mama to Santiago, born 11/16/03

jk3
01-26-2005, 08:03 AM
Good for you, Lydia! Working with a trainer helps a ton because they definitely push you to work out harder than you would on your own. I worked with one for about 6 weeks last fall + it made a huge difference. Keep up the good work!

Love the new avatar!

Jenn
DS 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png