PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on shoes?

egoldber
01-29-2005, 08:54 PM
I desperately need new workout shoes. The shoes I have now, I bought almost 2 years ago (although they really were not used much until about a year ago). I bought them with little thought other than that they fit my short, wide foot well. They are a pair of Brooks, but I have long ago forgotten the style name. I am pretty sure they were "running" shoes, but I do not run.

Anyway, I need a shoe that I can use for cardio machines: elliptical, stairmaster, and treadmill (but no runnng). I also do a lot of weight training and usually do both weight training and cardio in the same workout session.

DH tells me NOT to get a running shoe, but its what I have been using and I like it. I really know nothing about this. I have looked at cross trainers, but I'm not sure what that means honestly.

I am not looking for specific shoe recommendations, but more what shoe types would be best for what I do.

Thanks!

psophia17
02-03-2005, 06:30 PM
Do you have any fitness specialty stores in your area? We have one locally called The Running Room that has sneaker fittings, where they figure out what sneaker would work best for your foot and activities. I believe they guarantee that their recommendations will meet your needs or your money back.

Maybe your local Y or gym could point you in the right direction?

HTH :)