PDA

View Full Version : Posting week 1/24

JulieL
01-31-2005, 10:16 AM
Hello ladies! So we made it through January. I personally had a lot going on this month so didn't get a whole lot of my personal goals done. I have drank more water and cut down on the cheese - some... (ok I need to get better!)

This last week I wasnt' feeling so well. A friend reminded me that sometimes we need to let go and let our body heal up. So I took the week off. Thanks Beth :-)

So what about you? Any personal goals met this last month? What are your goals for February? I am hoping to get more cardio in this month that's my goal.

npace19147
01-31-2005, 10:39 AM
Well, once again I was good on the cardio and weight training, not so good on my eating. Did treadmill 3x and weights 3x. I hurt my knee earlier in the week so didn't push as much on the treadmill. My weight has stayed stable.

I didn't get very far on giving up chocolate - I realized the week my DH was gone was not the week to do that - I need my comfort food! But I switched and stopped drinking soda, which went very well. Last night we had pizza which was always a big soda meal for me and after a sip or two I didn't want any more, which I consider a big victory.

My goal for Feb. is to start getting serious about nutrition. DD is starting solids and I'm making food for her - all kinds of fruits and veggies that I don't eat myself! So I need to start eating some of what I'm feeding her. :)

psophia17
01-31-2005, 12:19 PM
I had a decent week, both fitness- and nutrition-wise.

Fitness I made it to all of my schedule fitness activities. We had a sub for Power Water who was amazing, way better than the usual instructor. Unfortunately, her other classes are all in the AM and they don't have child-minding, so I can't go. We also had a sub for the total body conditioning class, and she wasn't very total body. It was a really high impact step class, and although it was a good workout, I'm not taking high impact step for a reason, so I didn't like the class. Oh well - hopefully we won't get this sub again.

Nutrition was odd this week. Monday through Thursday I was hardly hungry. Very thirsty, but the idea of food just didn't do it for me. I'm thinking it had something to do with all my workouts M-Th, because on Friday all I could think about was sugar and brownies. I decided it was best if I got the cravings out of the way and gave in a little...and then a little more...and luckily by the time I was really going to give in all the brownies had been eaten up. I'm not sure what this is all about, since the week before I didn't have cravings like it at all, but I'm sure I'll figure it out.

All in all, I lost 1.2 pounds last week, and I'm okay with that. Now to get my end of week needs under control :)

amazz
01-31-2005, 01:00 PM
I did pilates once and the walking video once. I think the are both doable so I can do this!!!

My goal for Feb. is to make exercising a habit. I don't want to think about when I'll get around to it...I just want it to be part of my life everyday. I am going to do the pilates everday b/c it is a good stretching exercise plan for me and then do the walk video 3x's a week.

Here's to a good month everyone!!!
Angela
Mama to Kami Allyse (10/10/04)http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/otn/love/luvlove.gif[/IMG]
A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on. ~Carl Sandburg

egoldber
01-31-2005, 04:07 PM
Julie, sometimes you just deserve a week off. :)

Anyway, I had a super week! I worked out EVERY day this week!

Total body + 20 min cardio (Fitlinxx elliptical)
30 min Cardio (Stairmaster + FitLinxx elliptical)
Total body + 30 min cardio (Precor elliptical)
Lower body + 20 min cardio (treadmill - hill)
Upper body + 20 min cardio (FitLinxx elliptical)
Lower body + 30 min cardio (stairmaster + treadmill)
Upper body + 20 min cardio (FitLinxx elliptical)

On the eating front, I am doing better.. :) I have conquered my cookie problem, LOL! But I am really just SUPER hungry all the time. I "think" its the combination of needing those 300 extra calories plus the additional workouts I have added into my routine. I am trying to keep an eye on my weight gain though, since I have already gained almost *gulp* 30 pounds with 12 more weeks to go!

jk3
02-02-2005, 12:08 PM
I've met my goal of getting back into the swing of things at the gym. My goal for February is to keep to a weekly schedule: Mon, Tue, Thur + one weekend day. I'm on a health kick so I'm also focusing on nutritional goals. I'm trying to eat more fruits + veggies + trying to forgo processed foods when I can.

Jenn
DS 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

lukkykatt
02-02-2005, 02:34 PM
I worked out twice this week - one day cardio and one day with weights. I wasn't feeling so well and I took it easy most of the week. Plus, my boys are both starting to give up their naps and I am trying to figure out a new schedule - I had been working out while they napped.

Let's see - my February goal is to increase the length of my cardio workouts.

vikivoly
02-03-2005, 01:17 PM
I had an ok week. Nutrition wise I found myself eating larger portion sizes than the previous few weeks. I've not been snacking at all, and I think that's why I'm eating more at my meals. I need to get some healthy snacks so I'm not so hungry when I sit down to eat my meals. On Thursday I had a total melt down and went to Taco Bell and drank a huge Mountain Dew. I was in a rush and skipped breakfast and still took my Glucophage pill. I wasn't able to eat lunch until 2:00 pm and was shaking from low blood sugar. One good thing that came from it, is I didn't just throw in the towel and give up all together. Plus, I realized how important it is for me to maintain a consistant meal schedule. I also need to drink more water.

Last week was my first week to exercise. My goal was to exercise 4-5 times per week, but I only got 3 workouts in. I had a lot going on, so it was tough to find the time. I did Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds 1 mile walk on Monday and Tuesday. I was proud of myself on Sunday because even though I knew I wouldn't meet my goal of 4-5 workouts per week, I still exercised on Sunday instead of thinking, "might as well just wait until Monday to start exercising."

I lost 1 pound, so that brings my total for January to 12 lbs lost. I'm very satisfied with that, but realize I must work even harder in February to maintain that pace.

I just wanted to note that DD #1 has been sick the last 2 days, so wish me luck fitting in my workouts for the week.

egoldber
02-03-2005, 02:33 PM
Vicki you are doing terrific!!! A lot of people lose a lot of weight quickly once they start a weight loss program, but losing more slowly, at the rate of about 1-2 pounds a week is really optimal for keeping the weight off long term.

A bad week here or there and a Taco Bell meal here or there is not the end of the world. Don't be hard on yourself. Just get back on the horse and ride again, so to speak, LOL! You CAN do this!!!