PDA

View Full Version : I WANT that Snickers bar downstairs!

Sillygirl
02-03-2005, 01:00 PM
I never buy candy or cookies any more because I just have terrible self control around them. My MIL always sends us home with tons of food - usually a pretty random selection. This weekend she tossed in a king-size Snickers bar into the bag. Now it's sitting in my fridge and I really really want it.

I know if I open it to have a little taste I'll wind up eating the whole darn thing. I'll feel all gross with the sugar overload.

Just reading what I've written sounds so darn pathetic! I'm a grown woman and I DO have the willpower to say no. I'm making a promise right here that that Snickers bar will be unopened in my fridge at midnight tonight.

Unless my husband eats it, of course.

vikivoly
02-03-2005, 01:25 PM
THROW IT AWAY! THROW IT AWAY! I love chocolate (any thing sweet really) and the best thing I ever did was throw away all of my leftover Christmas candy and sweets. It felt so good to do it and when I crave something sweet I think what a waste that candy would truly be if I cave and eat something like that now. I believe that you must not set yourself up for failure by having things like that in your house and if that means depriving your kids and husband of it too, then so be it. Oh, and don't just throw it away with the wrapper on, make sure it's impossible to take out of the garbage and eat! THROW IT AWAY!

amazz
02-03-2005, 02:18 PM
>>Oh, and don't just throw it away with the wrapper on, make sure it's impossible to take out of the garbage and eat!

Yeah, do something really gross to it like dunk it in the toilet or something equally as nasty. I would HAVE to do that or I would be all over that thing even if I threw it away.

Good Luck!
Angela
Mama to Kami Allyse (10/10/04)http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/otn/love/luvlove.gif[/IMG]
A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on. ~Carl Sandburg

Sillygirl
02-04-2005, 08:18 AM
Update:

I fed it to my husband. Heh.

I think Erma Bombeck came up with that diet - make everyone around you look fatter.

Thanks for the support!

amazz
02-04-2005, 11:34 AM
Katie--Good for you for not eating it!!!! Way to go!

Angela
Mama to Kami Allyse (10/10/04)http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/otn/love/luvlove.gif[/IMG]
A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on. ~Carl Sandburg