PDA

View Full Version : Yoga Mat Suggestions?

lmariana
02-05-2005, 11:04 AM
I'm going to start those Baby Boot Camp classes, and you need to bring a workout mat with you. Any suggestions on a good mat? I just don't know what to look for! The classes are outdoors, to I guess it should be waterproof.

Mariana
Owner of HappyDayBaby
Mother of Gabriel, 08/2003
www.heinzandmariana.com (personal site)

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030814/1/5/0/-5/.png[/img] ([img)

heidi_timms
02-07-2005, 07:12 PM
Hmmm. A yoga mat or a regular mat? Yoga mats are super thin. I use mine as an exercise mat because I like how compact it is when carrying it to my Jazzercise for the workouts. I use it on the gym floor and wish it was a tad thicker. But, it is washable (by hand) and pretty much waterproof.

Mine is Nike and it comes in a drawstring bag, which I love to sling over my shoulder. I have seen some cute ones at Marshall's and TJMaxx in asian brocade drawstring bags. I have even seen ones there that the mat fits in a backpack-like bag and you can put weights and other items in the bag and the mat attaches. Target also seems to have a pretty good selection of exercise equipment. I don't remember how much they are or what the mats look like though...Walmart has an exercise mat for $8, but I don't remember if it's waterproof.

The boot camp sounds like fun!

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03