PDA

View Full Version : Confessions of an exhausted mama

amazz
02-21-2005, 01:37 AM
Ok so I haven't been coming to this forum as much as I should b/c, frankly, I don't have anything to add. I am still not working out and I am still eating like a freakin' horse. I am EBFing Kami, so that explains the constant hunger I guess, but I am trying to make better food choices. Dried fruit vs. cake, flavored water vs. coke, home cooked meal vs. take-out.
But can I tell you I am so tired the thought of actually turning on my workout videos makes me want to cry?! When I really have time to do them all I want to do is take a break from mommy world and put my brain on neutral. Kami is a VERY active baby so I feel like I am constantly on the move. So maybe she is my workout, LOL!! I feel guilty for not taking better care of my body, but I just want to sleep. Of course, if you check out the time I am writing this, you will wonder what I am still doing awake if I am so dang tired. :) Tim has Monday off so I am letting myself stay up late to get on the boards without having to hold Kami at the same time since he can help me with her tomorrow.
The good news is that my body is changing shape. My thighs are thinning out and my arms are getting cut. I put on a size 10 dress for church this morning!! I have no idea how I am doing this, but I will just chalk it up to having to bounce, walk, carry and entertain my 4.5 mos old. Now if my tummy pooch would just disappear. :P
So I write all of this to tell you that I haven't given up, I'm just too tired to fight the battle of the bulge right now. I am so proud of all of you who are losing weight and staying on your exercise programs. You are an inspiration to me!!

Now I'm off to sleep. :)
Angela
Mama to Kami Allyse (10/10/04)http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/otn/love/luvlove.gif[/IMG]
A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on. ~Carl Sandburg

npace19147
02-21-2005, 09:53 AM
Angela, give yourself a break! Kami is what, 4 months old? (She was born on our anniversary, btw... :) ) Esp. if you're pumping and/or nursing it can be hard to lose the weight, and when you're exhausted from a new baby is not the time to beat yourself up about it! Just look at her as your own little exercise program, make sure you drink enough water and get enough rest, and you will be a much happier mama! The weight will take care of itself as the days get nicer and Kami starts crawling and walking and you start running! LOL!

JulieL
02-21-2005, 11:36 AM
Angela we have ALL been there. I just began working out when Anthony was 4 months old so I can relate. I remember I worked up the courage to do a quick run and was so exhausted to begin with, not to mention I could feel my butt cheeks actually individually flapping in the wind, x( . But the point is to try, and keep it in the forefront of your mind. You know when you are sitting w/Kami and playing you can do squats while holding her among other things. Here is a workout designed to incorporate your baby so she can have fun with you!

http://www.progressiveparent.com/Pregnancy_postnatal_exercise/Postnatal_Workout.htm

Remember even though it's a vicous circle - finding the energy to workout (even twice a week), will allow your body to regenerate energy to keep you moving during the week, It's proven working out improves energy levels and quality of sleep! So keep your head up!

lukkykatt
02-23-2005, 10:53 AM
You are really doing great. Making better eating choices (always hard when nursing) is a big part of the battle after having a baby. Why don't you put away your tapes for another month or 2 and make smaller goals - take a walk around the mall with the stroller, etc.

I did not work out til 6 months pp with #1 and 12 months pp with #2. Of course, I am no role model... The most important thing is that I did start back when I felt that I could, and you will too. No need to feel guilty - we will always be rooting for you!

psophia17
02-23-2005, 11:55 AM
Oh Angela!

No one here will beat you up as much as you're beating yourself up, and I can guarantee that statement. As far as fitness and weight loss go, I think that just trying to make healthier decisions about what you eat is the way to go at 4.5 months post-D-day. When DS was 4.5 months, I still couldn't do a sit-up, and the constant hunger from EBF was insane. I couldn't not eat - I was way too hungry at all times!

In any case - about the tummy pooch. I seriously think that activating my transverse abdominus muscle is what caused mine to magically go away (at least to its pre-WW 2002 size) between September and January. Whenever you think about it, imagine pulling your bellybutton in to your spine. When you BF, when you're sitting at the computer, when you're walking, at all times. Eventually, it'll be automatic, and then it'll maintain itself. Doing this also helps your posture, and your breathing, and does any number of other good things. Like Kegels, it's easy to do, you can do it often, and no one will know you're doing it.

We're all there with you - you can do it!!!