PDA

View Full Version : Posting week 2/21

JulieL
02-28-2005, 10:27 AM
Hello!

Well I had a good week. I got in 4 workouts so I feel pretty good about that. I sacrificed one workout for a date night - ah adult time! So I was one workout under my goal of 5.

Monday - kick boxing + abs
Wednesday - upper body weight lifting and kickboxing + abs
Saturday - upper body weight lifting + abs
Sunday - lower body weight lifting (OUCH - boy am I SORE today!)

My eating went better this week, which I am proud of. I think I will buy a new cookbook this week, or soon. Some of you may be interested in it as well:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0767913965/qid=1109604380/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/103-2482639-6367041?v=glance&s=books

So how did the rest of you gals fair?

egoldber
02-28-2005, 01:31 PM
I did 5 workouts this week. My goal now is 5 a week. As I am getting bigger I find I am getting tired more easily, so I am cutting back a bit on the frequency and duration of my workouts.

Mon: Upper body (circuit with 15 min cardio) + 15 min cardio (treadmill)
Tue: rest
Wed: Lower body + 30 min cardio (stairmaster + Precor + Ellip)
Thu: Upper body + 20 min cardio(treadmill)
Fri: Lower body
Sat: Upper body + 20 min cardio (Fitlinxx)
Sun: rest

JulieL
02-28-2005, 02:35 PM
Beth you are amazing! I am so inspired by your motivation to keep going, even though you're in your third trimester! You're gonna really see the benefits of keeping active once you deliver! Way to go girl!:-)

lukkykatt
02-28-2005, 05:48 PM
Hello!

I had a really good week. I worked out 6 times, alternating between cardio and strength workouts. I am back to doing 40 minutes of cardio - the week before I had done shorter durations because it was my first week trying to work out after being sick. So, happy to be back to normal!

I am also trying to figure out what to do with my workouts. I have been working out while the boys take their naps. Now they are both slowly weaning away from naps at the same time - the little buggers. So, now it is back to the drawing board for me - does anyone here work out at home and have non-nappers? If so, what do you do?

Hope everyone has a good week! Oh, and Julie - I just subscribed to Cooking Light, so I am excited about that (says the girl who just swiped some of her kids' mac and cheese while typing...)

vikivoly
02-28-2005, 10:13 PM
I'm so bummed. I thought I had a pretty good week and when I got on the scale this morning I gained 2 pounds! :( I stuck to most of my goals. I didn't drink any soda, I drank 4 glasses of water or more per day, I did have 3 sweet treats instead of my goal of one. I probably had larger portion sizes than I should have. For the first time I reached my goal for exercising. I had 4 good workouts. I was really expecting to lose 2-3 pounds and was so disappointed when I saw that I gained. I'm using it as inspiration though. It was really hard updating my ticker, so I've got to work even harder this week to move it in the right direction.

vikivoly
02-28-2005, 10:15 PM
Beth you are an inspiration! When I was pregnant with DD#2 I was dead in my third trimester. I barely had the energy to get through a day, let alone a workout. Keep up the great work girlie!

psophia17
03-01-2005, 01:29 PM
I did okay last week, I think.

Nutrition I did really well, except for Wednesday night, when MIL ordered Chinese while I was at the store getting supplies for a big garden salad. I wasn't prepared to resist, so had way, way too many points worth of dinner. Also, Saturday night was a combined birthday party for three friends, and it was an appetizer party. While I ate a lot of fruit, I also had drinks, wings, chocolates, cake, and I sampled all of the dips.

Fitness was good:
Monday - Step class
Tuesday - Power Water
Wednesday - Stroller Workout, Power Water
Thursday - couldn't move my legs
Fri-Sun - rest days, but DS and I had a dance party Saturday morning and I incorporated a lot of aerobics moves, and broke a bigtime sweat.

I weigh in tomorrow morning, and I think I maintained...I'll update if I did better, but I'm not holding my breath :)

psophia17
03-01-2005, 01:39 PM
Vicki!!!

Don't be bummed - this is the first gaining you've done, right - that's AMAZING and you should be really proud of yourself :)

I have found that I lose for several weeks, and then gain for a week (or two) and this pattern repeated itself for a year while I did WW (pre-DS). I wasn't exercising at all at the time, but now that I am, I find that this pattern is still going on, only with more weeks of losing before I gain. I think it has to do with hormones, primarily, and with metabolism. As you eat healthier and incorporate exercise, your metabolism has to change, and that takes time. You're moving faster than it, and that's great!

You keep up the good work, and you will see the results you want - you're doing awesome!

vikivoly
03-01-2005, 04:44 PM
Thanks! I needed that. I knew going into this that there would be set backs, I just didn't expect them after having the best week I've had in 3 weeks. I'm doing good so far this week and have been keeping my spirits up.

BTW, you're doing great and I'm glad you're here. :)

egoldber
03-01-2005, 05:19 PM
What she said! LOL! Its true though that after your initial big wirght loss, the other punds are slooowwww to come off. This is actually a good thing. Losing at the rate of about a pound a week is a healthy rate.

And when I was losing weight on the SBD, I often had weeks in a row where I would lose nothing (or gain a pound or two) and then suddenly lose 2-3 pounds in a week. Its odd how your body works.

Just keep up all the healthy stuff you are doing and do not lose the faith. You CAN do this. Trust me, if I can do it ANYONE can. You are doing a wonderful, wonderful thing for your girls!!

Hugs!!!