PDA

View Full Version : Posting week 3/7

egoldber
03-14-2005, 08:29 PM
I'll get the ball rolling this week. :)

I did meet my goal of 5 work outs again. I am tweaking my routine since I am starting to feel pretty tired after 3 days of working out in a row. Not quite sure what to do about that, since I also want to maintain my fitness level for the delivery. But I don't want to be exhausted either.

And I am hungry ALL the time!! I just don't feel like I can eat enough. My weight gain is pretty stable, so I am not over indulging, just burning a lot of calories I think.

Mon: rest
Tue: Total body interval training with cardio
Wed: 30 min Cardio (10 min Stairmaster + 20 min treadmill)
Thu: Total body workout
Fri: rest
Sat: Total body circuit with 20 min integrated cardio
Sun: Cardio (10 min Stairmaster + 20 min Elliptical)

vikivoly
03-15-2005, 02:05 AM
Beth,

I wouldn't push too hard. You're in the home stretch and I'm sure all of your hard work will still pay off during the delivery. You're doing great!

As for me, I had the absolute worst week yet. My diet was horrible. Someone tell me why I felt the need to buy $30 worth of Easter candy for "guests" from my nephew when I ate it all before anyone could have possibly arrived! Sabatoge! Once I got so far off the beaten path, there was no turning back. I had fast food, soda, sweets, you name it. I'm not letting all of my hard work go so easily, so this week is game on!

Oh yeah, exercise - what's that? Didn't have a single workout and really have no excuse for it other than a minor cold. Funny how when you eat crappy the exercise goes out the door too.

I gained 2 pounds back - I'm actually surprised it wasn't more. THIS WEEK WILL BE BETTER!

JulieL
03-15-2005, 10:17 AM
I had an ok week of 3 workouts:

over all weight workout on monday - 1 hour

lower body weight workout on saturday + abs - 70 min

upper body weight workout on sunday + abs - 1 hour

Beth your doing well! What does your trainer say you should do?

jk3
03-15-2005, 12:44 PM
Beth - You rock! I can't believe you have the energy to do as much as you are doing. I'm very impressed!

Vicki - Don't fret. We all have bad weeks. The trick is to rebound this week. You are doing so well with your plan + I know you'll keep up the good work.

My week was better for the most part. I worked out twice and tried to make better eating decisions. This week is off to a good start too as I just got back from the gym. My DS's summer babysitter is home for Spring Break so I'll be able to go to the gym at least 4 times this week.

Good luck everyone!

Jenn
DS 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

psophia17
03-15-2005, 03:25 PM
Way to go Beth - It was during the last 6 weeks of being pg with Nathan that I put on all my pregnancy weight...I just couldn't eat enough cheesecake. I think you're way better off than I was :)

Nutrition-wise this past week was only so-so. I was, and am, totally hormonal. I'm on day 6 of AF, when usually it only lasts 3-4 days... MIL bought a ton of chocolate chip cookies, willowcrisps, and three different kinds of cookies with chocolate and/or coconut in them (which I love!), so it's been tough. The salt/chocolate cravings alone are killing me...but I'm journalling it all. I suppose this is a good place to mention my MIL rant - she wanted to know how I could eat all the junk I ate this weekend, and I said I was counting the points, which I am. Then she wanted to know why I bothered counting them when it was just junk I was eating. Well, MIL, that's the point - I count it all, not just the healthy stuff. I spent forever trying to explain it, and still it didn't click. I guess that's why she's 300 pounds... so between the crazy supply of cookies, MIL's sabotage, and my hormonal cravings...I'm hoping that I'm on track. I feel like I am, but I won't know for sure until tomorrow morning.

Fitness was good. I did 4 workouts between Tuesday and Thursday, and felt really on. Then the cramps and yucky AF stuff set in and I wanted to do nothing but sleep...

Now - if only my pants would do up! :)

ETA: I lost a pound last week - next week I WILL lose three :)

lukkykatt
03-16-2005, 03:02 PM
Is everyone sitting down? Because I worked out 7 days last week! I think I mentioned last week that I was switching to morning exercise? Well DH said that as long as he doesn't have an early morning meeting that he will take the boys til 7:30 am. That has been such a big help - I don't have to wake up at the crack of dawn to be done exercising by the time they get up. Also, we got our new elliptical, a Nordic Track, which is alot nicer than the one that we had, and the programs are alot HARDER. All in all, I am happy with my week, which you don't often hear from me :)

Beth, I am looking at your schedule and wondering if you would think about switching Thursday to a walk outside so that you still feel like you are doing something but you don't feel tired after your 3 days in a row?

Vicki and Petra, we all have bad eating weeks - just the fact that you are thinking ahead to a better week this time is half the battle. Myself, I was wondering if there would be any Cadbury Mini eggs left for the boys' baskets by the time Easter got here - and I was able to put that behind me (but by that time, there was only 25% of the bag left for them).

Everyone else, hello, it is good to see you here.

alleyoop
03-16-2005, 04:16 PM
Finished week 3 of the tri-training, including my longest bike ride to date. Hungry as a horse, and not doing so well on my diet. If not one thing, it is another, right?

Mon: rest
Tue: 30min swim(morn), 30min run(evening)
Wed: 8mile ride
Thu: 8mile ride(morn), 30min run(evening)
Fri: rest
Sat: 30min run
Sun: 10mile ride

Beth, I agree with PP. Why not switch out that workout for a nice walk and 30min of stretching? You are doing awesome and it will make a huge difference in your recovery!

egoldber
03-16-2005, 05:52 PM
Actually, last Thursday happened to be my session with my trainer. Its usually on Wednesdays, but last week I had to move it to Thursday.

What we have decided to do is have me do 2 days in a row, one day of weights followed by one day of cardio, and then a rest day. So two days on, one day off. (I had been doing 3 days on, 1 day off.) Next week is actually my last trainer session, so not having to work around that will make my workouts easier to plan in some ways. The trainer also suggested incorporating more of the aqua and yoga classes they have at the gym, but unfortunately, those classes are just not at convenient times for me.

And the sad fact of my life is I do not exercise at home, not even walking. If I say I will walk at home, it means I do nothing that day. I also have several tapes gathering dust. The gym is just so much more convenient for me, especially since they have child care that Sarah ADORES.

FYI, I do extensive stretching at the end of every exercise session.