PDA

View Full Version : What do you wear to work out in?

alkagift
03-18-2005, 01:04 PM
I, yes, me the couch potato of all time, is joining a gym. Mostly so I can get time to myself--they have daycare, woohoo! Unfortunately it's been a while, so I only have sweats with huge t's to work out in. What do you work out in? I don't want anything too tight, but I don't want to wear my baggy sweats...

Thanks!

Allison
Mommy to Matthew Clayton, 5/19/03

psophia17
03-18-2005, 02:11 PM
I hit WalMart and got a bunch of fitted Ts (NOT tight) and a couple of pairs of leggings to work out in, because I hated how baggy Ts with sweats felt.

I found that the more fitted the top was, the less riding up it did on my hips and butt, and the fitted pants don't succumb to what DH calls "hungry bum."

If it's not to bulky or baggy, it'll be okay for working out, so long as you're also comfortable wearing it.

HTH - and way to go!!! :D

egoldber
03-18-2005, 02:15 PM
I get hot really easily, so I usually wear sleeveless T-shirts and shorts. I also like crop leggings/tights to work out in. I actually find fitted things to be much more comfortable than baggier things.

My absolute favorite workout shorts are my Patagonia Serenity shorts. They were soooo expensive, but so worth it. They are so comfy AND I can actually STILL wear my size medium shorts at 35 weeks pregnant!!

Some good supportive workout bras are also essential.

cartersmom
03-20-2005, 08:34 AM
I totally agree with the fitted t's and leggings post. I feel thinner and more inclined to work out when I'm wearing more form fitting clothes. I got great yoga style leggings at Target and picked up some Nike t's at the local outlet.

alkagift
03-25-2005, 02:07 PM
Beth,
Does your pair of Serenity shorts have a drawstring? I'm seeing some with and some without...

Allison
Mommy to Matthew Clayton, 5/19/03

egoldber
03-25-2005, 04:51 PM
Mine do have a drawstring. I think I paid $36 for mine a year or so ago.

HTH,