PDA

View Full Version : Anyone able to get rid of a C-section tummy?

JolieFleur
04-06-2005, 10:01 PM
Hey Everyone! I've been "lurking" around the BBB boards for awhile gathering all kinds of information. :) Now I really have a question that I haven't found an answer to anywhere. My baby is 18 months old and I've pretty much lost my baby weight BUT I still have really stretchy ugly skin and a poochy tummy. Now, I haven't really worked on my stomach--I guess I'm trying to figure out if anyone has been successful getting a flat stomach after a C-section and therefore if its worth the effort to do all those crunches!

Let me know if any of you have been successful getting a flat stomach and if so, how?

Thank you,

Jen

psophia17
04-07-2005, 10:33 AM
My stomach is flatter now than it was before I got pregnant, and that is after having a C-section and my appendix out in the space of four months.

I can't tell you how to get rid of the stretched out skin, which I still have (in addition to a lovely spare tire that I'm working on working off), but to get your abs into condition again, there's one main thing to do, and it's to activate your transferse abdominus muscle. Imagine pulling your bellybutton in toward your spine. Your whole posture should straighten and your abs should go pretty flat. If you can remember to do regularly, eventually it will be automatic. I didn't believe it, but I tried it, and it worked. It also helps to get yourself an exercise ball and sit on it. You can't slouch while sitting on it, and you have to activate the transverse abdominus muscle if you want to stay upright - so again, you're helping to make using that muscle automatic.

I haven't figured out what to do about the floppy skin yet, but my poochy thing is better now than it was before, which is a great start :)

HTH!