I had a good week last week.

Fitness:
Mon - went for a really long walk with DS
Tue - nada
Wed - long walk with DS in the AM, Power Water in the PM
Thu - migraine, did some workout out on the ball at home
Fri - short walk with DS

Nutrition:
I kept in my points until the weekend, when DS's teething and non-napping made me crazy and Nana's birthday party had all too much good food at it. I also baked some carrot cake muffins that worked out to be 3 points each. They were so tasty that I didn't even ice them.

How did you do?

JulieL
04-18-2005, 02:48 PM
Hi Y'all!

Ok, here it goes:

Monday-Tuesday: rest
Wednesday: Step Aerobics 45 min
Thursday: total body weight training- 55 min
Friday: rest
Saturday: Step Aerobics 44 min
Sunday: total body weight training- 55 min

Food, decent, sleep - not much DS has the rotavirus all week. Family doing much better after a wooping 6 days of sickness for poor DS. Here's to a healthy, happy week!

Petra, can you post that Carrot Cake muffin recipe? I LOVE carrot cake!

alleyoop
04-18-2005, 05:59 PM
Wow! Y'all are doing great! What an inspiration!

Week 8 of tri training had it's highs and lows. I did my longest run and bike to date, but had to nix a swim because I was just too weary (It was a stressful week with DS and DH's work is crazy, too. It all adds up, IYKWIM!) On the eating front, I think I did better this week. I have been eating parts of power bars in between meals (no more than one per day) instead of the chocolate or other snacks. This week is going to be bad, though, as DH is out of town most of the week. No child-care for me to slip out in the mornings.

Mon: rest
Tues: 30min run
Wed: 30min swim
Thurs: Brick (30min bike, 20min run)
Friday: nada
Sat: 50min run
Sun: 20mile bike

Good luck to all.

psophia17
04-18-2005, 07:01 PM
Carrot Cupcake Muffins
makes 30 cupcakes

6 cups grated carrots
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup raisins
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 cup shredded coconut
1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
2 eggs
4 egg whites
1 cups white sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
4 teaspoons ground cinnamon

DIRECTIONS:
In a large bowl, combine grated carrots, applesauce, raisins, coconut, pineapple, and brown sugar. Set aside for 60 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray muffin pan with Pam, or line with cupcake liners. In a large bowl, beat eggs until light. Gradually beat in the white sugar, oil and vanilla. Sift together the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon, stir into the wet mixture until combined (do not overmix!). Stir stir in the carrot mixture. Use an ice cream scoop to fill muffin pans, or fill 3/4 full.

Bake for 25-50 minutes in the preheated oven, until center cupcakes test done with a toothpick. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan. Cool completely on a wire rack. (Optional)When completely cooled, frost with cream cheese frosting.

I figure that if they're frosted, they're cupcakes, and if they're not frosted, they're muffins...either way, the're yummy, and they work out to only 160 calories and almost 3 grams of dietary fibre each!

jk3
04-19-2005, 09:39 AM
I had a good week also. It seems like I have a lot more energy now that the weather is cooperating. I've been going to the gym consistently 3-4 days/ week and walking outside with DS every day. This morning I went to the gym and ran a mile on the treadmill, walked a mile, went on the elliptical machine for 15 minutes and did the weight circuit. I can't believe how strong I am getting. I honestly thought I would never be able to run again after coping with a back problem. I'm still weak in comparison to most of you but I am happy with my improvement and endurance. I'm still trying to eat better. I tend to skip meals because I am too busy and then eat later in the day which isn't great.

Jenn
DS 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

vikivoly
04-19-2005, 11:02 PM
I'm still hangin' in there. I'm having a difficult time getting back into exercising and nutrition wise I was ok. I lost 1 lb last week.

lukkykatt
04-20-2005, 10:33 PM
I was having some kind of gastrointestinal woes last week. I did think about working out, but that is as far as I got. Needless to say, overeating was not a problem for me though :)

I have gotten back in the swing of things this week, so should have more to report next week.

Have a good week everyone!

JulieL
04-26-2005, 02:25 PM
THANKS!