PDA

View Full Version : Sports bra for nursing mom?

VClute
04-24-2005, 05:51 PM
Hello, all! My son was born 10 weeks ago and I've started venturing out to the gym. Don't get me wrong - I'm not a work-out-aholic, just trying to keep from going over the edge from post-baby fat to rest-of-my-life fat.

ANYway, I have sports bras that still fit and worked well enough in the past to manage some light jogging and step aerobics. Well, my girls hurt when I do ANYthing bouncy. I managed a step class ok until she had us doing jumping jacks. YIKES!

Anyone had this problem? I thought my sports bras (the pull over your head uni-boob type) did a fairly good job of strapping the girls down, but I guess I need something even MORE supportive. Anyone have any suggestions? It wouldn't HAVE to have flaps because I usually do my thing and shower between feedings.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Amy in NC
mom to Dixon, born 2/14/05

psophia17
04-24-2005, 10:59 PM
I haven't got it yet, but you might want to try the enell bra, www.enell.com, available on sale from www.breakoutbras.com.

But in all honesty, I don't think I would've liked compression while I BF...I don't like it now, so why would I then, you know? When I workout these days, I wear my granniest bras, which are supportive and not very stretchy, which helps keep things steady, and if there's anything high-impact going on, I don't do it. I talked with my various instructors, and they generally modify their instructions for me. You could try that...

Also, there were some good posts over in the Maternity Clothes forum about bras recently - that might be a place to get some info, too.

HTH :)

Timmersmom
04-26-2005, 01:55 PM
Have you tried layering two sports bras on top of each other? That's what I do, and I think it works out pretty well. FWIW, my exercise is running, so that's pretty high impact.

HTH!