PDA

View Full Version : 4/18 Weekly Check-in

psophia17
04-26-2005, 09:40 AM
Good morning all :)

I don't really have the heart to post this week, but I'm doing it anyway...

Last week was good. Nutrition was really good until weekend, when we went to our first BBQ of the weekend, and instead of skinless grilled chicken, they served lasagna (?!?!), I brought dessert, which was chocolate covered bananas and strawberries. *sigh*

Fitness was really good, though. I got 3 hour+ walks in, one of which was a 2 mile powerwalk while pushing DS in his stroller, and did official workouts on M/W/Th.

My weigh-in is tomorrow morning, and I know I'm going to do awesome...

Julie - I wanted to say again how thrilled I am for you and your family, and I hope that the joy you're feeling is in no way lessened by Beth's sad news.

jk3
04-26-2005, 11:40 AM
Petra - We're all feeling sad and overwhelmed. I'm glad you are on the right track with your fitness goals. It sounds like you are doing a great job. Keep up the good work!

Julie - Congrats! Take care of yourself and enjoy this special time.

I've been keeping to my routine of hitting the gym 3-4 times/week. I'm also trying to purchase a used jogging stroller so that I can spend more time walking outside. In fact, my gym is just over a mile from my house so if I'm feeling really inspired, I can walk to the gym! Exercise is a good release at the moment. I haven't been feeling 100 percent but I find that if I keep to my routine it helps.

Jenn
DS 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

JulieL
04-26-2005, 02:34 PM
Petra, thanks for posting. Honestly I couldn't come here until now knowing Beth won't be here with us. But healthy bodies help a healthy mind, right?

I was exhausted last week and didn't do zelch. Two saturdays ago I had to go the ER for a blatter problem. The baby was cutting my blatter "in half" and causing me urination problems. It's called a retroverted placed uterus. Needless to say, not much they could do for me. They had to cath me to make sure my blatter was empting, it was, and sent me home. Then 4 days later, last wednesday I had an asthma attack that sent me back to the ER. I haven't had a full blown asthma attack since July 98, so I was very 1.shocked and 2.scared the baby wasn't getting oxygen. But by the time we got to the ER, even in the midst of the attack somehow (thank God!!!) my oxygen level was at 97% and the baby was getting plenty. So last week I recooped, and cleaned house, then prepared to tell our family our good news over the weekend, which was great. Last night I crashed again. Honestly I don't think I'm over the exhaustion yet, but it is getting better.

Side thought:

maybe we MommyFIT gals could compile a gift box of healthy stuff to motivate Beth to think about her well being? What do you think? I mean we talked to her every week, for the most part. This would be only about her pampering herself, I don't think we need to address her grief, just that we are thinking of her and hope she takes care of herself. If you want to, we could figure out how to do it, and send to Rachel and she can give to Beth when she is good and ready. Anyway just a thought.

Oh and thank you so much for your well wishes!

alleyoop
04-26-2005, 04:11 PM
I had an icky week, mostly due to my DH being out of town. Then, when he got back, I just couldn't motivate myself very well. I better kick some serious booty this week to keep myself motivated! 6 weeks till the race.

Mon-Wed: Nothing
Thurs: 30min run
Friday: Nothing. ugh.
Sat: 52min run
Sunday: 17mile bike ride

vikivoly
04-28-2005, 07:20 AM
Petra, thanks for posting. I didn't quite feel up to it earlier this week either.

I had another so-so week. I'm having a lot of trouble getting back into exercising. My legs and feet have really been aching a lot lately. I'm also having trouble sleeping and been very tired. If I didn't know better, I would think I was in my third trimester! (Just realized that might sound like I'm pregnant, but I'm not. ;))

Nutrition wise, I did ok, but am finding it harder and harder to keep it together. I really need to kick it up a notch.

vikivoly
04-28-2005, 07:22 AM
Julie,

Congrats again on the pregnancy! Sorry to hear you've been having so many complications. Hopefully things will get better for you.

I'm going to email or pm you regarding Beth.

lukkykatt
04-28-2005, 09:16 AM
Good morning everyone. This is the first time I have felt up to checking in here, and I am glad to see all of you!

I honestly can't even remember what I did last week. I need to start writing it down again - I have gotten out of that habit. Must start up again. I know my eating has been good, and I think I worked out a few times...

Julie, congratulations on your happy news! I know how much you've been feeling like it is time for a second child, and I am thrilled for you. I also think that is a lovely thought about putting something together, and I'll PM you later today.

Take care everyone,

psophia17
04-28-2005, 11:25 AM
Vicki - I was thinking about you when I made a discovery the other day.

I was craving Pepsi like it was going out of style, and there was a little left in the house, but it only filled the glass an inch...so I topped it off with club soda (about 2 inches)! I was amazed with how sweet it was still - and it satisfied the craving.

I also have been doing some experimenting with the syrups you can buy to flavor your coffee - a little syrup goes a long way, and is nowhere near as high in calories as a regular soda is.

amazz
04-28-2005, 03:40 PM
Hi all--I know it's been awhile since I checked in here, but I wanted to back in the groove of things here. I have been walking twice a week with some friends and their babes at the mall. It has been a great experience for me. I have completely toned my calves and my thighs are looking a lot better too. My mom tells me my butt's looking smaller every time she sees me so that is great encouragement for me. :) I went shopping to reward myself for going walking for an entire month and I could fit into a medium!! Whoo hoo! According to the scale I haven't lost any weight but I'm shaped differently so even if I never reach my goal of losing 30 lbs by the end of the year I will be happy. (I just realized that Beth is one of the people who was the most encouraging to me when I first posted here. *sigh*)

Julie--congrats on your pregnancy. I'm so happy for you girlie!! Please keep us updated.

Hugs everyone,
Angela
Mama to Kami Allyse (10/10/04)http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/otn/love/luvlove.gif[/IMG]
A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on. ~Carl Sandburg
http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/candle.gif