JulieL
05-09-2005, 12:19 PM
Hi everyone

Well my week went decent:

Monday: lower body weight training 55 min

Thursday: aerobics 45 min

Saturday: 2 mile walk for Pregnancy Resource Center's annual Walk For Life

Sunday: upper body weight training 42 min and ab work

My energy seems to be picking up, but the scale moved forward another .5 lb this week, sigh. I can't tell you how hard it is to see me gain weight after working so hard to get it off. But I keep telling myself I have all winter and spring to burn it off before I have to pull on a pair of shorts or a swimming suit.

How did everyone else do?

psophia17
05-09-2005, 02:41 PM
Hi all

Julie - I read somewhere that pregnant women are supposed to gain weight...maybe this is what's going on with you? (sorry, couldn't resist! ;))

I did alright last week, overall.

Mon - Step class (30 min straight cardio!, and I went up to 5 lb weights)
Tue - rest (my arms KILLED!)
Wed - Power Water
Thu - rest
Fri - lots of typing
Sat - even more typing
Sun - my fingers hurt, must eat ice cream and cake

So it wasn't the best week ever, but it wasn't bad. I had to have ice cream a couple of times, and I like Bounty bars far too much, but even those didn't do me in...I was very close to staying in my points.

Once again, I'm looking forward to Wednesday's weigh-in...

(Edited to delete excessive smilies)

jk3
05-11-2005, 10:08 AM
This was another good week for me as well. I've been consistently going to the gym 3 times during the week + once over the weekend. In addition, I've been walking A LOT. Yesterday I even walked to the gym (a little under 2 miles each way) since my car was in the shop. As a rule, I do not like scales but I can tell I'm losing some weight since my clothing is looser. I only have about 5 pounds left that I'd like to lose so this is definitely an attainable goal!

Julie - You should feel good about your weight gain. Pregnancy is the best reason for gaining weight. Since you are committed to staying in shape, the weight will come off quickly when the time is right! =)

Jenn
DS 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/candle.gif