PDA

View Full Version : Week of May 9 check-in

psophia17
05-16-2005, 11:15 AM
Good morning ladies :)

I had a thinking weekend, so added some thoughts to the bottom...I've been thinking too much, I fear, while DH snores loudly beside me.

Let's see, fitness and nutrition were both good last week.
Fitness:
Mon - Step
Tue - Rest
Wed - Power Water
Thu - Rest
Fri - Walked
Sat - sat in car while DH drove around from tool store to tool store, while we were supposed to be going to the aquarium (ha!)
Sun - 1.5 hour long yoga class

The yoga class was really good - I am definitely feeling it today - but it took so long that I don't think I can commit to going. Seriously, 1.5 hours on a Sunday?

Nutrition was also good, until weekend. I had chocolate cravings, and I had to have ribs...but today and tomorrow are for eating fruits, veggies, and dairy, so I should be okay for Wednesday's weigh-in, at the very least I'll maintain, right? Now on to personal messages...

Julie - I've been thinking about you a lot lately - how you doing? Feeling good, I hope :) I want to be PG so bad (but can't until I'm officially a Canadian resident), that I'm trying to remember how cruddy it was to be pregnant...please remind me how cruddy it is!

Vicki - don't think I didn't notice you were MIA last week, my friend...how are you doing, too? I remember when I first started working on weight loss, and how hard it was...please remember that we're here for you.

Jenn - it sounds like you've got the right outlook for getting this accomplished, keep up the good work!

Beth - if you read this, you and your family are still very much a part of my daily thoughts...

Everyone else who usually comes to check in - where the heck were you last week?

JulieL
05-16-2005, 02:30 PM
Hi ladies and goodmorning!

Well my week was decent:

Monday: Legs & Glutes 55 min (I think)
muscle endurance workout

Tuesday: Low Max step portion 45 min
aerobics

Thursday: my own arm workout 30 min while watching ER, wink

Friday: I left for my churches annual women's Bible retreat

Saturday: briskly walked about 2 miles

Sunday: walked .5 mile before breakfast - then came home to see my men!

All in all a good week. Petra, you look like things are going well! I've seen Vicki around just not over here - come on Vicki keep a posting! Beth I hope you are recooping, it sounds like the retreat really was a bonding experiance. Petra, actually since I'm woohoo at 15 weeks, things seem to be picking up fatigue wise. Only once or twice a week have I felt extremely drained so that's a plus! Oh Petra, when do you become an official Canadian, Aye? Don't worry get as close to your weight goal as you can and it'll make a big differnce ttc AND on your pregnancy. You work not in vain!

Lynnie
05-17-2005, 08:02 AM
Hi guys, I am officially checking in :)

Last week, my first week on this pre WW fat flush diet, was great until sunday. I was at the zoo, and had not had time to have breakfast before, and had not planned on going to the zoo, but to the grocery store, so long story short, I cheated and ate a piece of pizza. But was right back on at dinner time with salmon and squash. Otherwise, though, I was very good and had NO sugar, flour, dairy, or coffee.

Went to the gym on saturday for the first time in ages - I brought the one year old, then DH came a little later with the three year old. Gotta love babysitting at gyms.

The cheating reignited the cravings that had gone away and it was SO HARD not to eat those blueberry pancakes that I made the kids yesterday, but I managed not to. I just tell myself that in another 10 days I can eat whatever I want - in moderation - on the WW plan. I frankly can't believe I didn't crack and eat them all up. I am pretty proud of that. Especially since DH called me from New Orleans at a GREAT restaurant that we went to when we were there, and said he missed and was thinking of me as he ate his gourmet 4 course meal. I could have killed him, but he really meant well.

I am working out at my lunch break, there is a gym half a block away. I power walked/ ran yesterday with my ipod and it was great.

Today I am starving because I did not get up in time to deal with the morning, but I'll make sure to eat so I don't feel the need to cheat.

Will not ramble as much next time, but I REALLY need the positive reinforcement writing every little thing brings. I was ready to quit last night, and really don't want to.

Off to drink my cran-water !

Lynn

psophia17
05-17-2005, 11:16 AM
I'll be official in Canada sooner rather than later, but it's at minimum a 6-10 month process...maybe by Christmas?

jk3
05-17-2005, 11:26 AM
Good work, Lynn! It sounds like you are on track. It's hard in the beginning but it will get easier. Keep up the good work!

My week went well for the most part minus a short lapse while at the retreat. It's hard to watch what I eat on a vacation. My gym routine is consistent which is great. I only work out for an hour - 30 minutes cardio, 20 minutes weights and 10 minutes stretching but this seems to be enough for the moment. I've been going to the gym consistently 3-5 times per week. The weather is also cooperating so we've been going for long walks every day.

Eating wise - I'm doing so-so. Although at some point I'd like to go back on a modified South Beach diet, now is not the right time. At this point, I need to do a better job choosing at the supermarket - more fruits and vegetables!

I hope everyone is doing well!

Jenn
DS 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/candle.gif

JulieL
05-17-2005, 02:07 PM
What do you mean you can "only workout for an hour"? That is GREAT!!! That's usually the length of my workouts (well before pg) but the longest - 72 min (I think?). Jenn you should be so proud of yourself. Many people can't imagine being constantly active for 1/2 hour! WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!

Ah geez you girls make me so proud!

alleyoop
05-17-2005, 03:01 PM
Thanks for the gentle prodding, babyncats! OK, I will get back on the wagon. I had an interesting weekend, actually, all centered around this impending triathlon. First, the week:

Mon: rest
Tues: 45min run
Wed: 30min swim
Thurs: Brick (30min bike, 30min run)
Fri: 50min run
Sat: Open water swim
Sun: 14.5 mile ride

So, on Saturday a gym not far from our house was holding a free open water swim in their lake for the Danskin women to practice. I went because even though I am a good swimmer, I think that the last time I swam in a lake was when I was 12 and wanted to know if the "not seeing" factor was going to freak me out. Long story short, I did great: smoked the rest of the women I started with, didn't have any problems seeing the buoys and didn't freak out. I came home all pumped up and confident.

On Sunday I convinced my hubby to go to the lake that the tri is going to be at so that we could drive the bike course. At the end of the drive, I was in tears. It looks so hard! It is really hilly, with some of the hills being steeper and longer than I have been practicing on. Only about 1 mile of it is actually flat. I was defeated! My DH, a long time rider even said that it looked hard and offered for us to get a baby-sitter this Sunday and we would go back out there and ride it together for practice. Then, he gave me another bike lesson on how to get into those low granny gears, which I hadn't been using. I went out that day and did the hardest hills I could find in my neighborhood over and over until I got the gears figured out (yes, I could hardly walk yesterday).

Sorry, this is so long, but I am struggling. I know I won't be first, I know I won't be last... but I am so competitive with myself. Why can't I just accept that I am doing this for ME, and that walking some of the hills won't be the end of the world and just completing the thing is going to be an accomplishment? Instead, I am just scared out of my wits right now.

Well, anyways, we got the sitter, so I will tell you next week how the course really is. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Oh, for good news... I bought new bras for myself. I might not be loosing weight, but my bra size is down from a 40C to a 36B. That was a boost (in a lot of ways)! ;)

vikivoly
05-17-2005, 04:07 PM
You ladies are a real pain in the butt! Don't you realize I'm trying to hide my head in shame quietly.;) Seriously, I'm really glad you've given me a little prod, unfortunately my reason for not posting has NOTHING to do with a triathlon. LOL!

As you all know I've been "hanging in there" for about the past month - not trying too hard and not giving up completely. Well, I think this week I can say I've officially resorted back to my terribly unhealthy lifestyle. We're going on a mini-vacation this weekend and I sorta figured, might as well enjoy myself. I know terrible. My plan is to regroup when I return - so I expect my mailbox to be full of positive messages next Tuesday.

Thanks ladies - you're all so great.

Oh, and I didn't even get on the scale this week, so I'm not sure how much I gained from my purge.