OOPS a little late here!

Monday: KPC premix 37 min modified kickboxing

Tuesday: 1.2 mile speed walking

Wednesday: rest

Thursday: 2 miles speed walking

Friday: rest

Saturday: Gym Style Legs 60 min - lower body weight workout

Sunday: PUB premix 30 min - upper body weight workout

Here's my newest pic update - getting rounder!

JulieL
05-25-2005, 08:35 AM
well I can't upload the pic right now - I'll try later

... ok let's try this, woow that's kinda big - geez have no clue how to make is smaller, anyway LOL there I am at 16 weeks

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y254/jllmom/PICT0002.jpg

psophia17
05-25-2005, 10:10 AM
Yay Julie!!!

You're busting out all over - I didn't show with DS until I was about 7 months...although I had a little more padding at the time, IYKWIM ;)

My fitness and nutrition sucked last week, and I forgot to weigh-in this morning until after I ate breakfast, so I'm calling this week a wash. Oh well.

But this coming week is going to rock - my best friend and personal fitness guru is coming to visit from NY, and we have borrowed bikes with a trailer thingy for Nathan, and we're going to bike 8km, go to 3 workouts (M/T/W), do a ton of walking, and with a little luck the activities will cancel out all the Mexican food...

BTW, how are your headaches? A migraine kicked in early this morning, and I had DH do the head massage thing while I sucked down coffee...and I kept thinking of you while he/I was at it.

jk3
05-25-2005, 12:14 PM
This was not the best week but I've had a lot going on so exercise wasn't a main priority. I hit the gym once and went on one long walk. The weather has also curtailed a lot of my activity since it's cold and rainy...can't believe it's virtually June! I am not sure that next week will be any better but I promise to get back on track when life is less hectic and when the weather improves!

Jenn
DS 6/3/03 ... Almost 2!

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/candle.gif

alleyoop
05-25-2005, 02:49 PM
This week went much better than last, as I got all my workouts in!

Mon: rest
Tues: 45 min run
Wed: 30min swim
Thurs: Brick (30min bike, 30min run)
Fri: 30min swim
Sat: 50min run
Sun: 12 mile bike

Ok, so we did get a sitter and go back out the race site to ride the bike portion, and I am so glad we did!! I made it! I didn't have to walk, and was able to ride all the hills easily except for only three of them. As luck would have it, the hardest hill is the LAST one on the course. I was dying! Of course, I am sure that it didn't help that it was 95 degrees and at least 50% humidity. I am willing to bet that it was 105 on the road. Oh Nelly!

So, I feel much much better and am confident that barring any sort of major catastrophe I am going to finish this race. :) Less that 3 weeks of training to go! I bet y'all are going to be happy when this darn thing is done so that you don't have to hear about it any more. I sure will be!

That is some bump you got there, Julie! The second one pops right out there, doesn't it? Keep it going!

Edited to add: On a funny note, I went on Sat and bought my Triathlon attire... spend an enormous amount of money on the two smallest and most unflattering pieces of lycra (pretty much a high-necked jog bra and short bike shorts) I have ever seen! I can't WAIT to see the pictures. :* Luckily I have a top to put over my white and flabby tummy for the bike and run. The good news is that swimsuit shopping should be a breeze in comparison!

Lynnie
05-26-2005, 09:14 AM
Wow ! I feel like a slouch in this group ! When I was pregnant, my workouts (before I was put on bedrest) consisted of throwing up for the first 13 weeks and then shoveling in the food the remainder !

And a triathalon ?? How cool - I tell ya, if I didn't have a bad knee I would LOVE to train for one, in spite of the fact that I can't swim worth a lick. Good Job ! But i digress...

I only lost another pound on top of the seven from the week before, but I'll take it since I cheated 3 days out of the seven. So a total of 8 down, 8 to go. I have a feeling this next 8 will be very hard. At the end of this week I am going to try a weight watchers type thing so I don't have to totally deprive myself of yummy things. like pastelitos and cafe con leche. mmmmmmm.

As far as exercise, I made it to the gym four days for speed walking and running on the treadmill - usually around 30 minutes or so, during my lunch hour.

I lifted my HEAVY 13 month old (dude is almost 30 pounds) alot, so I will count that as weight training. And I ran after the 3 year old, so there's more cardio !

My goals this week are to find a class I like at the gym and make it a point to go every week and to incorporate strengthening exercises into either a morning or evening routine. Hopefully I'll be able to say next week that I did it !

and, mmmmmmmmmm mexican......