PDA

View Full Version : Weight gain/loss question for those with more than one kiddo

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
05-26-2005, 07:09 PM
Am expecting my second and am wondering if weight gain and loss will be similar to my first pregnancy. What did you experience? Thanks all!

Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 ETA Dec

jesseandgrace
05-26-2005, 08:48 PM
Mine was pretty much exactly the same. Some people say that they show much earlier with #2 though. But, from what I experienced and from what I've heard weight gain and loss are very similar!

bnme
05-27-2005, 08:13 AM
With #1 I gained about 35lbs and only lost about 20 of it in the 9 months until I was preggo with #2. With #2 I gained another 35ish. But with #2 I lost the weight much quicker - I am now down to about my original weight and was down to post#1 weight within 2 or 3 months. I did do WW for awhile so that helped. But I also think I was more active in terms of running after 2 kids and just having less time to eat!

Also, with #2 I packed on the weight much earlier in my pregnancy and I started showing much earlier.

houseof3boys
05-27-2005, 01:04 PM
Obviously this is one of those things that varies individually but for me, I lost the weight quicker with #2. I gained about 47 pounds with both kiddos (bedrest doesn't help!) and have lost about 37 pounds or so after 3 months. I am not dieting since I am nursing and eat like a maniac to get all of my nutrition in for the little one. I have noticed that I am much softer this time around so I am hoping the work at the gym for the last 2 weeks will start to make a difference soon. :) To me, it's just a number on the scale but the real test is how your clothes fit you. I could care less if I get back to my pre-preg weight but I do care that my butt and tummy are like jello.

bnme
05-27-2005, 01:28 PM
> To me, it's just a number on the scale
>but the real test is how your clothes fit you. I could care
>less if I get back to my pre-preg weight but I do care that my
>butt and tummy are like jello.

So true! When I realized I was at my original weight I was actually very upset about it. My body now doesn't look anything like it used to. I look much heavier. I so need to exercise but haven't found the motivation yet.

alleyoop
05-27-2005, 08:41 PM
I gained 35 with #1, and didn't loose it until right before I got PG with #2 (15mo). With PG #2, I was MUCH more active, gaining only 25lbs. Unfortunately (or maybe not), I lost it all within 5 weeks due to the antibiotics they gave me in the hospital totally nuking my intestines. The BRAT diet for 3+ weeks isn't the best way to loose the weight... but it does work! Most Moms I know gained a little more or a little less the second time around, but regardless, lost it faster.

On the other hand, the first PG didn't do that much damage to the bod. It all *pretty much* went back to normal with just a bit more tummy pouch than before. #2 though, OMG! My tummy will never be the same!

Congrats on the PG! Heavier or lighter, may the result be a wonderful Holiday gift for you and your family!