PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone want to do a daily check-in with me?

Judegirl
05-30-2005, 01:18 AM
I don't want to intrude anywhere, and I can't tell who's doing what...but here's my story:

I promised myself that when I was finished pumping I would take the extra weight off. I gained 75 pounds during my pregnancy. Thankfully, 40 of it came off during the first few months. But the other 35 remain, and it's time, now that I'm not strapped to the pump.

I joined WW yesterday. I know from experience that what works for me is to check-in somewhere regularly, with people I know and like (I don't do the meetings unlessI'm in a schlump...)

So...is anyone here interested? I was thinking we could post daily goals and then post what we accomplished that day, ideally before turning in for the night, but whatever works for you.

Let me know if there's any interest. I did something like this on the WW boards a few years ago and did well (lost the 70 pounds I had gained after undergrad school - aargh.) But I have a new "home" now...and would love to do it here. :)

Thanks,
Jude

JulieL
05-30-2005, 10:08 AM
Jude we already have a check in - so hop on board! It's not daily but weekly. We post our eating and exercise accomplishments - as we both know both are ssooooo hard to work at! Jude it sounds like you are at a great place! Look for the posts that have a date attached to it!

Lynnie
05-31-2005, 09:31 AM
I just joined the check in group too, and since I just started getting serious about getting in shape, have found that I might need to check in more than once a week - I need the motivation !! So jump on board, and you and I can check in more frequently and everyone else can just ignore it :)

I won't be able to daily since I am going to visit my sister tomorrow and likely won't be on the computer, but when I am at work, it is good for me to check in more often.

And I am about to switch over to a WW type thing too.

Lynn

aliceinwonderland
06-02-2005, 10:30 AM
I also have exactly 35 to lose...But I have not joined weightwatchers or anything---I do not want another thing to study!!

Can I still play?
;)

tarahsolazy
06-02-2005, 01:24 PM
Me, too!

I was a marathon runner before I had DS. I ran 3 in the 18 mo prior to his conception, and actually ran a half marathon (13.1 miles) when I was 7 weeks pregnant or so.

I got bad morning sickness, and quit running at about 8 weeks.

Its been almost 2 years, yikes! and I need to get started again.

I have only about 10lbs left of the 53 I gained in pregnancy, but I'm more interested in regaining some fitness. My goal is not to run a marathon again for a LONG time, but I want to get to a nice maintenence running schedule.

I have promised myself I'll get out for 30min after DS is asleep tonight, I will have to walk/run, but whatever it takes.

I'm going to check out the other thread, too.

jesseandgrace
06-04-2005, 06:04 PM
I'd do it too, but I'm afraid I would be a bad influence, LOL. I've got the working out thing down since I am doing the triathlons, but I eat way too much and love it, but not the 35 pounds I too should lose.

DandKG
06-06-2005, 08:49 AM
I would love to have someone to check in with! I am going to start doing the weekly check ins but I might need more to start out with. I too gained a lot of weight when I was pregnant. My baby was over ten pounds if that gives you an idea of how big I was. Anyway, right before I got pregnant I was the thinnest I have ever been. I had lost 40 pounds on WW. Sadly, I have 35 pounds left to lose and my baby will be one in less than two weeks. I am so sad to see all of my beautiful clothes hanging in the closest that don't fit me. Maybe we can all help each other try to lose some weight this summer. I know that I have got to lose some of it before I even think about #2! Good luck starting this week.

Danielle

javierandastrid
06-06-2005, 07:18 PM
Jude,
I'm definitely interested. I have 10 lbs to lose..and i really need a lot of motivation. My goal is to lose it by labor day. Wish me luck!

Lynnie
06-10-2005, 11:50 AM
I am checking in today because I have had a bad week and need to get fresh start, and this seems like the place for those of us who are a bit needier than the normal once per week check in... or at least that is the case for me.

I devoured way too many brownies yesterday, and am NOT working out at lunch, but am sitting here instead. bad. But I did have an apple, strawberries and a teeny bit of leftover salmon on a spinach salad for lunch/breakfast, so its not too bad yet.

I WILL be starting weight watchers on monday.
I WILL leave my workout clothes at work so I can get back to the gym on monday.
I WILL NOT eat like a pig because I have not yet started WW, and want one last gorge fest. I may have a slice or two of pizza for dinner, because I have to go to a PTA meeting after work, but will not have soda, and then will workout tonight.
I WILL bug my office mate to bring in the WW book.
I WILL go to the gym once this weekend.
I WILL take a long power walk the other day.
I WILL call the personal trainer who lives two doors down and schedule the remaing two sessions I have from last fall.
I WILL call the orthopaedic surgeon about my knee since I am several years tardy on my check up and the knee is a teeny bit sore.
I WILL do leg strenghtening exercises every day, even if only for 10-15 minutes, because that will be the first thing the doc asks me.
I WILL send in my soccer registration form RIGHT NOW. bye....

and, I WILL be able to lose these last 10 pounds by august, and will be healthier and in better shape.