PDA

View Full Version : Should I take my ticker down?

psophia17
06-08-2005, 11:37 AM
Last night, DH said: Do you think that you're making the other women on your boards feel bad about themselves by having that ticker up?

I know that sounds horribly self-centered, but I was thinking about it this morning and since the weekly check-ins here are getting very little traffic, I was wondering if it's the case. I know that I felt really cruddy when my Mom decided that if I could lose weight, she could, and then lost in 3 months as much as I'd lost in 6 months. I'd probably feel worse if I had to come see her weight loss ticker every day.

I'm thinking that maybe I should take my ticker down. If it's making the weight-loss journey yucky for someone else, I will. So - what do you think I should do?

mmaimp
06-08-2005, 11:49 AM
It's does not make me feel bad. I think it would help some who feel like it's impossible to loose weight.

There are members who post how thin they are in other threads. There are women in Reality Layette who can wear Hanna's in 160 or XS. That is tiny! They don't post to make others feel bad. They are just asking for advice.

You are also not trying to loose weight to get down to an unreal size. Your goal is a healthily and realistic one. I also like seeing your progress.

Lynnie
06-08-2005, 01:05 PM
I don't think you need to, and agree that it can be inspiring for others, and I don't find it to be a bad thing. I actually like the idea, and would like to do it too, just for my own encouragement, because a self pat on the back, or a concrete reflection of my achievements always help me stay motivated.

I don't think anyone sees it as anything but a motivational thing for you, and most of us know the difficulties of staying on a weight loss program - whether its for 15 or 80 pounds, so can all relate to it.

aliceinwonderland
06-08-2005, 01:09 PM
NO! I think it's an inspiration, and I think you're doing great. I hae 35 to lose and I'm just starting now...

Saartje
06-08-2005, 01:16 PM
It makes me feel proud of you, and reminds me that it's not impossible. Keep it up (both the ticker and your good work)!

knaidel
06-08-2005, 01:53 PM
I agree with everyone else....no reason to! I think that for women who want to lose, your ticker is encouraging!
Way to go, mama!

alkagift
06-09-2005, 09:00 PM
Absolutely Not! You don't make me feel bad, you make me want to get up and stop eating oreos!

Allison
Mommy to Matthew Clayton, who is TWO!

almostamom
06-10-2005, 01:04 AM
No, I don't think you should take it down at all! Losing weight is hard and you have a right to be proud of yourself. Honestly, I saw your signature in another post earlier today and I said to myself, "Wow, she's almost half way to her goal! Way to go! I really need to stay on track." So......congratulations and thanks for keeping my tush in line today :)

~Linda~
DS 11/04
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/25049.jpg

bnme
06-10-2005, 07:45 AM
NO! I think it is helpful to people that feel like dieting "doesn't work" or is too hard. It is an inspiration. Congrats on your sucsess!

JulieL
06-10-2005, 08:57 AM
Petra you should be PROUD of your accomplishments! It is such a hard thing to lose weight and to hold yourself accountable to the whole internet to boot. I think your family shouldn't try to make comments about the dynamics of a community they are not involved in. We support each other in EVERYTHING here, even the lack of sex LOL. Don't sweat it, plus every summer there is less traffic cause peps are so busy, just so you know!

barbarhow
06-13-2005, 09:52 AM
I find your ticker inspirational! Keep it up! I have been meaning to post how awesome I think you are doing. Glad to have the chance.
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03, a Red Sox fan
and Anna 5/12/05, my little Yankee fan!