PDA

View Full Version : June 13 Weekly Check-in

psophia17
06-20-2005, 10:36 AM
Good morning all!

I hope everyone had a great weekend, is feeling healthy, and knows that they are beautiful.

I suppose you could say I had a banner week - I regained my health (yay!), and I determined to get off of my 5-week plateau of 189 lbs...and to do that my best friend and I have come up with a plan. We have calculated out how many pts I get during 6 weeks, and she (computer wiz that she is) has made me an excel spreadsheet that calculates averages and totals and all sorts of other neat stuff, so that I can easily keep track of how I'm doing, and at the end of 6 weeks, I will be getting a reward. I can't wait to see what it is, because I AM GOING TO GET IT!

Now on to the meat and potatoes of my check-in:

Nutrition:
I did really well, even though I had to do baking for a BBQ and then go to the BBQ. I was lucky that the BBQ had lots of yucky sides (well, I thought they were yucky) so I mostly drank water. Aside from the BBQ, I worked really hard to not cave into cravings...as soon as they'd kick in I'd brush my teeth.

Fitness:
Mon - Step
Tue - TBC
Wed - Power Water
Thu-Sun - Rest, if you count running after a toddler who still puts rocks in his mouth during several hours of a BBQ with a big gravel-lined driveway rest.

I'm going to kick some butt on Wednesday's weigh-in - I can't wait!

Tag - you're it!

jerseygirl07067
06-20-2005, 02:28 PM
Way to go Petra!!

Last week I had three good cardio sessions - bike for 20 mins, mowed lawn for 70 mins (I'm counting that one big time since we have a manual push mower, a big lawn, and my HR was over 160 almost the whole time!) and running for 35-40 minutes. (I made my DH drop me off at our homeowners association meeting so I'd be forced to run home)

Also did strength training twice - once workout each for upper body and lower body. I needed to do one more on saturday but ran out of time since I went to a wedding last minute. I will do an extra one this week.

As for eating, still watching those portions!

I plan on weighing my self again on July 8. I'm expecting my weight may actually go up because of the strength training, but I also took body measurements on June 8 and will recheck those that day too. That's where I'm really hoping to see the loss!!! My dad even said I looked thinner from when he saw me three weeks ago. Woohoo!

Marcy

psophia17
06-20-2005, 07:09 PM
I take my measurements monthly - and chart them :)

If you have Excel, you should make up a chart and graph your measurements - it's not dramatic in the short run, but over the long haul it gets good.

jerseygirl07067
06-20-2005, 08:59 PM
That's a great idea!

Marcy

mmaimp
06-21-2005, 08:27 AM
This week I lost another 2 lbs at my Saturday morning weigh-in.

Still no exercise to post but I would like to start pilates this week.

I did take the kids to our local zoo on Thursday. It's small but up on a hill and a small walk from the parking lot.

ribbit1019
06-21-2005, 08:53 AM
O.k. this is my first weekly post.
I attempted to eat half portions all last week. It is surprising how much I don't have to eat to feel full.

Monday- 45 minutes of Gymbo with DD, this is more work for me than you would think since she is in GymWalkers and is not walking yet

Tuesday-Bump on a log

Wednesday- Walked approx 1 mile carrying DD (forgot stroller at big outdoor mall that DH works at and I had to walk from his store to the Cheesecake Factory to meet my parents for my mom's b-day dinner, and then back)

Thursday- Couch Potato

Friday- No movement to speak of

Saturday-30 minutes of moving around, VERY heavy DJ equipment

Sunday-20 min walk, plus 3 hours of outlet mall walking.

So all I need to do now is incorporate a more structured workout.
I am thinking of joining Lighten the Weigh. It is a weight watchers type of program that they are doing here at work. Starts July 7th and it $108 for 12 weeks. Our employer does partial reimbursement and the website looks decent and has some very good resources, has a calorie counter that would be VERY helpful. Sigh, now I just need to scrape up $108 bucks. :P

Christy
Maddy aka "Diggle"

Maddy says "Uh-oh and OOOoooOOO!"

http://lilypie.com/baby2/040609/3/4/0/-5/.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif

barbarhow
06-22-2005, 07:08 AM
Lost 2.5 lbs which is my weekly goal. Was so proud of myself for not going off over the weekend which is typically the most difficult time for me. Lots of walking. Just got the thumbs up yesterday to exercise so hopefully can get going on that next week. My goal that I set at the beginning of June was to lose 10lbs by 4th of July. I might make it. I am 3 lbs away. And close to fitting into some nonmaternity clothing, YEAH!

Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03, a Red Sox fan
and Anna 5/12/05, my little Yankee fan!

psophia17
06-22-2005, 10:10 AM
You're doing awesome, Barbara!

I wore maternity pants for a full year after DS was born, and it was months into my fitness journey before I could wear normal pants, with an actual zipper and button at the top. Yay :)