PDA

View Full Version : Week of 6/20

psophia17
06-27-2005, 04:41 PM
Hello all :)

Well, after my rip-roaring last week, this past week has been only so-so. I didn't do too badly, but there were three last minute parties that I went to (Th, Fri, Sat) so it was hard to not over-do...and trust me, I over-did.

Fitness was good, though - I made all of my scheduled workouts, and felt really amazing after them...if only the cramps hadn't kicked on.

I hope you all had a great week!

ETA: I did pretty well after all - 29 lbs lost total, and I found this awesome picture of DS and I in Whistler, BC that I had to add to my ticker...my belly is camoflauged by my pose, but hey, I look good!

mmaimp
06-27-2005, 09:01 PM
I did not make it to WW on Saturday. I'm keeping within my points range but not making the best choices yet. On Thursday I took the boys to a puppet show at a local library. On Saturday we walked the Ocean City, NJ boardwalk.

This week I will try to get pilates going!

JulieL
06-28-2005, 09:37 AM
Hi ladies! I'm back from my vacation w/my inlaws in San Antonio. We had a wonderful trip, and my inlaws took us all for three days to Port Aransas which is on the Corpus Christi island. Anthony was a riot trying to get use to the beach! I ate a lot, but thankfully didn't gain a ton like I was scared I would. I am still thankfully slightly under my goal (well mental wish more like it, can't really control the weight completely!) weight wise for this far in my pregnancy. Baby girl is kicking A LOT these days. Her kicks are getting stronger and stronger every day. I keep trying to get Anthony to watch her move, but there is only so much concentrationa a 3 year old can handle! I did get to workout last week. My SIL works at a very posh workout club in San Antonio where the Spurs apparently workout at too, so she got us in for free! It was a nice fun splurge.

Monday: eliptical 20 min, 20 speed walking and 20 mintutes lower body weight lifting

Tues-Weds: rest

Thursday: DH and I jogged up the beach 2.5 miles in 30 min - not a bad time for a belly bulging mama! Boy running on sand was different, fun, but when the sand was soft you really had to kick it up to keep the momentem.

Friday: rest

Saturday: eliptical 60 min at level 4 burned like 550 calories ! Which made up for all the awesome nachos I ate down there!

Missed talking to you gals and glad to see all is well!

barbarhow
06-28-2005, 12:51 PM
Still no exercise in this house but have stuck to my food plan pretty well. Lost another 2lbs this week but am feeling so sluggish from the weather. It has been so hot and humid here in the NE. It has been a struggle to be good-I really want to just pig out on something yummy-but I want even more to get rid of this saggy tummy and big butt.
Next week will be a struggle as we are headed to my Mom's for the weekend. She gets a little bristly when I won't eat certain foods but I have forewarned her and offered to cook so hopefully she will let me do my thing. There is a huge party Saturday night to go to-Will have to really hold back. I find, though, that it is so much easier to not overindulge at parties when I am not drinking. Seems that once I have a glass of wine all inhibition is gone (re: food that is) and I starting stuffing all sorts of food things in my mouth. So no wine for me.
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03, a Red Sox fan
and Anna 5/12/05, my little Yankee fan!

JulieL
06-28-2005, 02:00 PM
Seems that once I have a glass of wine all inhibition is gone (re: food that is) and I starting stuffing all sorts of food things in my mouth

.................................................. ..................

Wish that was my excuse! Alas the tray of cheese and crackers is my down fall every time, drink or no drink!

psophia17
06-28-2005, 03:03 PM
I just made this the other day, and as soon as I read your post I thought of it:

A scoop or two of key lime sorbet or sherbet topped with strawberries that have been coarsely chopped and left to macerate in just a little sugar. It was so refreshing and delicious, and light!

alleyoop
06-29-2005, 03:22 PM
After a nice little post race face-stuffing and coach-potatoeing hiatus, I am back! I got 162 on the scale yesterday, so I officially still have 12lbs to loose to get to my goal. I am hoping to make it before the fall, so that I can buy a lovely new winter wardrobe without guilt. Back on the no-white-stuff diet for me.

I took my sister up on her challenge to run a half-marathon with her the second weekend of October, so I guess that is where I will set my sights. Started the training program this week, witch is pretty much 4 days running and 2 days X-training a week. For the XT, I want to do weight training and maybe some Pilates videos. What do ya'll recommend? I want a hard one... no sugar coating! It is going to take a miracle to get this tummy back into shape. Please help! Plus, does anyone know if there is such a thing as a weight-training video? I have free weights, a medicine ball and a Swiss ball, but barely know what to do with them.

Thanks, and (it is funny to say it) it is good to be back! :)

smbirth
06-29-2005, 05:42 PM
Hi, I am a baby bargains board member and poster, but lurking and considering something to get rid of my preggo tummy, 10 mths after having the baby!!

But, I can tell you this--there are several weight training videos out there. Check with your library, or www.collagevideo.com. I have used Weight training for Dummies, pretty good and basic, but there are lots of options to choose from---

Maybe I will take the plunge with you all and lose some pounds!!

Sheri
Momma to Nathaniel 9-15-04

cleo27
06-29-2005, 08:26 PM
Yum - that sounds so refreshing! I love lime stuff.

cleo27
06-29-2005, 08:32 PM
Hello ladies,

Just wanted to check in. I have been eating well since starting this journey on Monday. I have been drinking only water (have given up the daily coffee with cream or latte that used to be my incentive for going to work every morning... lol) I have also been trying to snack healthier at work - so far my choices have been banana, yogurt, baked Lays chips (reasonable portion). Oh, and I have been having instant oatmeal in the morning at work (was skipping breakfast and then snacking a lot) and that is also helping with the need to snack throughout the workday. The scale shows 3 lbs lost since the weekend, though I know the initial drop is usually pretty signifigant due to water weight, but I have been drinking lots of water. Overall, I am feeling very good and motivated.

Will have to work on the exercise - finding the time is the hardest part. I leave the house for work at 6:30 am and get home around 6:00 pm. Oh well, one step at a time. I am just trying to focus on getting healthier. Thanks for the support.

Hugs,

JulieL
06-30-2005, 03:37 PM
If you want hardcore weightlifting that ain't for the weak, check out www.cathe.com I use her stuff and IT"S HARD!!! You will sweat, cry, kick and scream... but you'll look good ;) I get a kind of personal ego appeal when working with a barbell! - hey whatever works right? Looks like you are working really hard and you are getting quite close to your goal!

ETA: You can substitute dumbbells for almost any of her workouts that use a barbell. But fwiw I bought my barbell set from Sports Authortiy for $35 and it goes to 80 lbs.

jerseygirl07067
06-30-2005, 08:58 PM
I slacked a bit on the portion control last week - it's so hard when I'm giving Sammy cheese, cereal, etc, I just love eating those leftovers!

Workouts are going pretty good, got in two strength training sessions and two good cardio sessions for about 40 minutes each. Would have liked to have done one more cardio session but since we went to my DH's 20th HS reunion, I blew it off. I hope to make up for it this week. It's been hard at times, since I have a newborn who still doesn't sleep through the night yet, but I do have so much more energy when I exercise, it's amazing....

I'm having some issues with carb/sweet cravings (actually my whole life for that matter), and even though I am nursing, I can get easily carried away with my dessert, thus defeating the purpose of my workouts and portion control. So after doing lots of reading over the past few weeks, I'm going to give the Zone a try for two weeks, for a trial run. My brother is a big advocate of it and has given me lots of info. It's not low carb, just 40-30-30 (the carb-protein-fat ratio). The calorie count is low, but I adjusted my Zone blocks to allow for nursing and for the workouts. We'll see how it goes. Today was my first day, and I don't think I've ever eaten this many fruits/veggies before on any given day of my life!! I really want to see if I feel any different, instead of my sluggish self who noshes on cereal and peanut butter sandwiches throughout the day while dreaming of chocolate! I took out one of the Zone cookbooks from the library to help me along with the recipes.

Marcy

jk3
07-01-2005, 06:06 AM
Leftovers are a killer here too!

I had a much better week. I'm back into my workout routine at the gym. It has been too hot and humid for outdoor exercise so I've been going about 4-5 times/week.

Nutrition has been okay but not great. My DH and I might go on South Beach again. It helped a lot last time - both in terms of losing weight and in terms of feeling healthier.

Jenn
DS 6/3/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

erbono
07-07-2005, 09:12 PM
Oh, I would love to show you some great workouts I have. I basically just do my own workouts. Let me know if you want to get together sometime. Next week I can ask my trainer (once a week) for some medicine ball exercises. Let me know!

alleyoop
07-08-2005, 09:06 PM
Well, as soon as I get the #$&%^^ ball blown up... I will tell you all about it! Looked interesting to me, and the ball is fun for the kids to play with. :)

alleyoop
07-08-2005, 09:06 PM
Well, as soon as I get the #$&%^^ ball blown up... I will tell you all about it! Looked interesting to me, and the ball is fun for the kids to play with. :)