PDA

View Full Version : Room for one more?

cleo27
06-27-2005, 10:21 PM
Hello,

I have been posting on BBB for a while and just peeked in here for the first time a week or so ago. I finally decided that it is time for me to get healthy. I could stand to lose about 55 lbs, but would be really happy with an interim goal of finding the other side of 200 lbs (about 15 lbs to go)! I think I had a breakthrough (or breakdown, depending on how you look at it...) this weekend, when I wore a bathing suit for the first time in probably 10 years. I have been so out of shape that I always avoided this situation, however, we were going on a family vacation and I knew DD would love the pool. If it had just been about me, I would not have gone swimming, but after some tears and mental struggling, I bought a bathing suit and wore it in public (and DD and I enjoyed the pool!).

I do not want to ever feel so ashamed about myself. I really want to get in better shape. I have to admit that it was somewhat liberating, and I feel like I have accomplished something (I know it is silly), and that I can accomplish much more, if I put my mind to it.

I am going to follow WW as much as possible. I'm going to try to find the materials from the last time I joined, but if not will probably go to a few meetings to get started. I have joined a few times in the past (the most recent time was the day before I got a positive pregnancy test w/ DD, so that is obviously why I dropped out.) I actually weigh about 15 lbs less than when I got pregnant, but I have much more to lose.

I look forward to cheering everyone on and getting to know you all.

Thanks!

psophia17
06-28-2005, 12:39 AM
Hi Cleo, we're glad to have you here :)

I've been following WW myself, and it sounds like we are roughly the same weight to start...I remember the first moment when I was so completely disgusted with my weight...it was 2002, six months into married life, when I stood on a scale at Costco. For my entire adult life until that moment, I had been happy to just weigh less than 200, and it was like a ton of bricks fell on my head. I did WW for a year, made it down to 177.8 and was a loose 16, when the weight started creeping up again, and I was dying for McDs quarter pounders, no cheese, extra pickle, at all times. Holy crap - I was preggo! So I put on my PG weight, and then spent another year eating like crap, and started WW again at Christmas kissing 215...all I could comfort myself with this time was that at least it was baby weight...well, some of it was :P

Anyhow - 27 lbs later I'm just over halfway to my goal of 160, which I haven't weighed since jr high, and the moral of that story is that if I can do it, you can do it.

I come here to get advice, give advice, and check-in with everyone, I follow WW on my Palm (too poor to go to meetins), and I go work out 3x per week minimum. It works for me - figure out what works for you and you'll be set for life :)

JulieL
06-28-2005, 09:47 AM
Cleo please join us! This is a place all about encouragement and being there for each other. Join us each week and check in w/eating and exercise accomplishments! I remember that uncomfortable bathing suit experiance after I had DS - it does get better! I look forward getting to know you!

cleo27
06-28-2005, 08:37 PM
Thanks, guys! I am looking forward to getting to know you too.

Lynnie
07-07-2005, 01:49 PM
ditto on the welcome ! I am a relative newcomer to this folder, but everyone here is AWESOME ! The advice and encouragement are just wonderful, and it really helps me to know I have another outlet, other than my husband or co-workers, to complain to, whine to, or brag to.

Good luck on the WW and whatever combination of exercise/dieting you choose - you can do it !

Who knows, in a few months, maybe you and I will be posting about our training efforts for the next triathalon !

jerseygirl07067
07-07-2005, 02:46 PM
Welcome! I am fairly new to this forum too (started coming here over a months or so ago). I love the weekly check in, as well as all the support.

Good luck on your quest to get that swimsuit body back!

Marcy