PDA

View Full Version : Posting week 6/27

JulieL
07-05-2005, 10:27 AM
Good morning! Well not much to report here. We got back on monday from our 9 day trip to San Antonio and I think I wore myself out on that trip. DH and his siblings and I went out several times out quite late to get nachos and other goodies... makes me happy even now to think of it . But I think that and being on the go so much on the trip just hit me this week. I got in only two workouts, but that is something and my weight gain is going great so I don't feel to bad:

Tuesday: standing and floor work toning lower body = 40 min

Friday: total body weight lifting - 55 min

So that's it for me, looking forward to a beter week!

How was everyone's 4th? We had a fun one!

jerseygirl07067
07-05-2005, 12:05 PM
Ok, I am seeing RESULTS and I am psyched!

I worked my butt off last week and also started The Zone, though I had to add a few blocks because it was too calorie restrictive.

I managed to get in four cardio workouts, three which were on the stationary bike, and one mowing the lawn for 70 minutes(this has become my fave! I put my headset on and I am out of the house for 70 minutes zoning out to the music pushing that darn manual mower - who'd have thought??)

Also did three strengh training workouts.

I managed to succumb to some ice cream at Marble Slab and totally ate a bunch of ice cream yesterday (oh, but that's a different week isn't it?) It's allowed on the Zone, you just have to eat smaller amounts of it, but I couldn't resist...

Anyway, I weighed myself which I wasn't planing on until the end of this week. So far in one month I've lost 4 lbs and have lost 2 inches around my waist. I haven't done the rest of the measurements yet, will wait til the end of the week. I am very encouraged by this though. Yay!!

Marcy

P.S. I have never eaten so many fruits and veggies in my life as I have in the past week! And they were actually pretty good! I made a lot of breakfast smoothies with blueberries and rasperries, protein powder, and almonds, and ate lots of cantaloupe with my lunch. Also added in lots of spinach to a few egg white omelets. Dinners and snacks had lots of em' thrown in too. This is very different from how I usually eat, as I'm lucky if I even get 2 or 3 servings of fruits and/or veggies daily. so I'll see if I can continue to make the transition to healthier eating. It was more work, but it became easier as the week went on. It's also more expensive than buying crap, but in the long run I know I will be better off for it.
This week I think I am going to start a notebook with all of my favorite recipes as I continue this. I think my biggest challenge is the fact that my DH is a meat and potatoes guy and Sammy is in that toddler picky eating phase, so I feel like we often have separate meals. Luckily, DH will make his own if he doesn't like what I'm having!

psophia17
07-05-2005, 02:16 PM
I'm doing okay - well - sort of.

Because BIL is still installed in the house and has facial injuries that prevent him from being able to eat normally, MIL has been stocking up on ice cream, Cadbury's candy bars, pudding, cheesecake, etc., and I am having serious willpower issues. I'm trying to stick with the jell-o, but who wants jell-o when you could have cheesecake?

But fitness was good at least.

Mon: Step
Tue: Rest
Wed: Power Water
Thu: Total Body w/ cardio kickboxing
Fri: Mall-walking while trying on bathing suits
Sat: Long walk w/ DH and DS
Sun: Rest

How do I keep my willpower up?

JulieL
07-05-2005, 06:04 PM
Way to go!!! My DH about the beginning of the year became almost a vegetarian. He isn't on a vegetarian diet he just eats mostly veggies and he lost 20 lbs - this from a guy who was VERY fit (would run 30 miles a week and weight lift), but he lost that little bit around the center and man you can tell! So when we cook we always have veggies and fruit - (I am more of a fruit lover!). I acredit that and keeping up my exercise for a healthier weight gain this pregnancy. Here is a recipe for an AWESOME veggy soup a friend gave me. Use your cuisine art and the prep time will go much quicker:

Spring Veggie Soup

2 tbsp olive oil
1 onion chopped
2 gloves garlic, minced
4 ounces sliced mushrooms
3 cans(14 ounce each) vegetable broth
3/4 pd small new potatoes chopped
1/2 pd baby carrots
3/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp thyme
1 bunch thin asparagus-cut into 1 inch pieces
2 medium zucchini-cut into 1/4 inch thick half moons
1 can(15 ounces) pinto beans-drained and rinsed
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
6 tbsp parmesan cheese

In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, &
mushrooms for 5 minutes.

Add broth, potatoes, carrots, salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium,
cover, simmer for 5 minutes.

Add thyme, asparagus, zucchini, beans, and red pepper. Cover and cook for an
additional 5 minutes.

To serve, spoon into bowls and top with parmesan cheese.

Note: I like to buy vegetable broth from Whole Foods (or some health food store) as the broth is thicker than Swanson's vegetable broth, but either work fine. Also I have subbed the pinto beans for canned lentals for a healthier bean.

jerseygirl07067
07-05-2005, 06:47 PM
Ooooh, sounds declicious!! I am adding it to my list of recipes to try out over the next few weeks. Thanks!

Marcy

jerseygirl07067
07-05-2005, 06:51 PM
Way to go on the workouts Petra! Regarding the willpower, I think I'd cave in your situation. That's why we can't have any of it in our house. It killed me today knowing there was ice cream in the freezer left over from yesterday!

Those foods are so tempting, and even though they taste good at the time, think of how you'll feel AFTER. When I've been tempted, I look at a picture of myself (10 years ago with a much better body) to keep me motivated during those weak times. Hang in there!

Marcy

JulieL
07-06-2005, 09:20 AM
Petra - I am SO excited for you when you get to finally move out! Your MIL is a trip. I bet the month you move you lose 5 lbs just from having the frig control back! I don't know how you do it, but keep your head up! Your moving in September, right?

psophia17
07-06-2005, 10:21 AM
The plan is for September 1 - I am currently working on the schedule to clean out the closets of our current house (ILs will be moving to a smaller place once we move out) so that we make our expiration date. I'm almost sour :P

mmaimp
07-06-2005, 01:08 PM
I'm down another 3.4 pounds for a total of 7.4 pounds lost since starting WW.

Since I can't seem to add regular exercise into my day I'm trying to play harder with the kids. We put loud music on and dance around and act silly.

I'm entering into my busy summer schedule now and for the next 8 weeks I will be traveling for my sister's baby showers and going on vacation. It's going to get difficult to keep up the good eating but I'm going to try my best.

Petra when I eat something that is not the best points value I try to drink an extra glass of water. I don't know if helps or not but it makes me feel like the calories are getting watered down. Also no matter what I wrote the points down. Some days when I ate too much it seemed like my points were doubled for that day but it made me think twice about it the next time. Especially if the last weigh-in was not one that I liked!

Lynnie
07-07-2005, 01:36 PM
Hi All.

Last week was pretty pathetic, but somehow when I weighed myself, I had lost another couple pounds, so I am down a total of ten, with about five or so to go. (would love to lose another 8 but don't see it happening). I still need LOTS of toning and am getting back to the gym, but just today I got another complement about looking good and in shape, and it really motivated me to get back on track.

I did exercise a little, but it was only walking. We drove to hilton head with a 39 month old and a 15 month old, and I ate garbage. We got to my mom's and I ate garbage. But, I do limit my portions, and try not to snack constantly on garbage.

I have not been able to do WW successfully yet because I am not disciplined enough. plus, my coworker keeps forgetting to bring in the point book, so I use that as an excuse. So, I am back on the no white flour, sugar, dairy thing, with my ground flax seed and cranwater. I think I am going to allow myself one day a week to cheat, ala body for life.

I think I am going to check out the exercise tape/book recommendations that you guys have put here, cause I really need instruction. I want to lose more flab around the belly and tone up my abs and legs by august 4 when I leave on vacation. How cool would it be to wear a bikini and not feel completely self conscious ??!!

alleyoop
07-07-2005, 02:57 PM
Hi ya'll!

I had an OK running week (4 runs), but didn't get my two X-training workouts in. The first one I got all ready, popped in the tape and the VCR totally ate the tape. I actually had to scissor the tape out of the machine. Then, I didn't get to the store to buy a new one until this weekend. So, yesterday was a XT day and I was armed with my new 'Pilates on the Ball' tape, with a ball that would NOT inflate. I might get points for pumping the darn thing for what seemed like a half hour, but the air was leaking out the whole time! DD thought it was very funny. Lovely! My XT experience thawarted again...providing pure enjoyment for a 9mo old. I tried to tell her that it was because of her that I needed to use this stupid ball, but she still laughed and laughed. Oh well.

I got a new pair of running shoes today ($120, OUCH!!), so I am excited to give them a try tommorrow. Sadly, the model I had last time (actually, the last 4 times) was discontinued and the replacement was really slippy in the heel. I hope these new ones work out well.

Good Work to all! Mommy-power unite!

jerseygirl07067
07-07-2005, 03:38 PM
Heather,

Can you let me know how you like the Pilates on the Ball tape? I'm thinking of trying some pilates videos and I already have a swiss ball. I tried some of the Firm ones (pretty tough), but they were more similar to aerobic moves, which I hate for some reason. (I will say that I got at few good ideas from the Firm using my step stool as a butt burning device...)

Marcy

lukkykatt
07-07-2005, 05:05 PM
Hello everyone! I'm back and glad to see you all here!

Let's see, since you last heard from me, I got a new computer, so hopefully will be able to post more now. We got a new elliptical (our second one from Sears broke). We now have a "professional grade" one. AND, I joined a gym that will be opening near my house in Jan. DH offered to get me sessions with a trainer for my birthday, to hold me over til the new gym opens. So I need to start calling around.

I got in 2 workouts last week. Not so hot, but DH took me away for the weekend (sans children) and we pigged out all weekend (it was an unfortunately significan bday for me).

Take care,

JulieL
07-09-2005, 08:16 AM
Andrea I am SSOOO ugly green jealous of your elliptical trainer! Wish I could have one. Even if I could afford one, if we had one it would have to take the place of the dining room table this place is so small LOL! Have fun with it, and glad to see you around - boy and a new computer to boot - lucky you! :)