PDA

View Full Version : This TV show actually inspires me to work out....

jerseygirl07067
07-06-2005, 12:03 AM
Now that I am on maternity leave and can watch occasional daytime TV, I have discovered a show on Discovery Health called "I Lost It". There are two shows, one at 11 am and another at 11:30 am EST.
Each episode features two people who are very overweight, and then goes on to tell their story and how they dropped the weight. Some have done it using WW, others have used Atkins, or a personal trainer, etc, or many other programs out there. All of them incorporated some kind of exercise into their routine too.

The amazing thing is that many of these people were over 250 or even 300 pounds and now wear smaller sized clothes than I do! Even though I'm not needing to lose nearly that amount, it has made me more motivated to work out! On days when I feel lazy, I especially try to watch the show. I figure if they can do it, I sure can too!

If they can do it, so can we!!! (I want to add though, that they do feature people who lost it via gastric bypass surgery as well. While I don't find those stories nearly as motivating, they are very interesting to watch and it is pretty uplifing too)

Just thought I'd share!

Marcy

kellij
07-14-2005, 12:05 AM
Thanks for the recommendation! I'm definitely going to check it out. I love those success stories that they have in fitness magazines. It sounds like this is similar.

apriltwinmom
07-17-2005, 02:04 PM
Thanks for the Post, Marcy! I need some motivation. I'll have to tune in!

:) Rachel
dd Amelia 8/04