PDA

View Full Version : Posting week 7/4

JulieL
07-11-2005, 05:13 PM
Unfortunately not much to report here:

Monday 4 mile jog - first two miles broken up by pee breaks (ah the joy of pregnancy!), and the last two miles jogged back to back

Friday - 3 HOURS of walking around at Grants Farm - while not necessarily a workout per say, I'm sure I walked MILES going in cirlces around the farm, so I'm counting it as one of my activities

Saturday - 3 mile speed walking at a slightly hilly park pushing 70+ lbs w/toddler and jogging stroller

Sunday - was to be my weight day but saturday night I woke up with HORRIBLY PAINFUL leg cramps in my calve. I was sore all day in my calve and actually was limping for the first hour I was up . I didn't even want to try to workout as I was afraid of making it cramp again.

I'm bummed at such a cruddy workout week but since DS is out of preschool it's been really hard to find time to get that fourth workout in. I work from home so I have to organize my day to get my work in, then house work, dinner made then everything else falls next. I am starting a 55 min swim class next week which will definately help me out! But on the plus side I'm still gaining slowly and am up to 10.5 lbs gained so far (which is totally exciting since I gained a total of 40 lbs last time) - so I figure if my weight is slowly getting on I'm doing something right and refuse to get to down on myself.

psophia17
07-11-2005, 05:25 PM
Sounds like you're a busy woman, Julie :) I had the worst leg cramps while PG - like you, I would limp for a portion of the day the morning after. The only thing that helped was to keep as hydrated as possible...drinking more water was a pain (as if a dozen trips to the bathroom overnight isn't enough to drive you insane before adding another liter of water to the mix), but it worked. I had the leg cramps overnight 2x, and that was it.

About my week...putting it mildly, it sucked. BIL is still installed in the house, and although most of the junkfood is now gone, I am the one who ate most of it. I just don't have the willpower to avoid it. Tack on the stress of trying to repress how much I can't stand BIL or how entitled he seems to think he is, and it's a recipe for disaster.

But it's easy to get a great workout in when you're crazy ticked off, and I got them in:

Mon - Step
Tue - TBC
Wed - Rest
Thu - TBC/Kickboxing
Fri - Park w/ toddler
Sat - Rest
Sun - Park w/ toddler

BIL goes back to work on Thursday...I'm still signed up to cart his lazy butt around, but so long as he's not in the house I can hopefully contain myself.

jerseygirl07067
07-11-2005, 09:40 PM
Julie, I'm impressed that you're still able to keep up the running/workouts while pregnant! And while working from home too. (that became my downfall - working from home while taking care of Sammy was so hard) Go mama!

Petra, Hang in there with BIL. You may not have done as much damage as you think, since you got those workouts in!

Last week for me was pretty good. I continued with the Zone (modified a bit for more calories due to the workouts and BFing) and managed to eat a refrigerator drawer full of fruits/veggies without anything going bad - a first for me.

Workouts - almost two hours mowing lawn on July 4 - it was darn hot out there! 2 cardio sessions on bike 30 mins. For weight training, I tried doing two circuit training workouts for something different, and to get more cardio, both were for about an hour.

The best news of all...drumroll...I reweighed and remeasured myself and in one month I lost 5 lbs! Better yet, lost 2 3/4 inches around my waist, 2 inches from my hips, and 1/2 inch from my arms. Yipee! My thighs gained a 1/2 inch but that's okay, I'm hoping it's muscle :)

I really didn't think I was going to have much inch loss since I wasn't aware of my clothes feeling much looser, since it was so gradual. Then that afternoon, while shopping at Publix, I noticed that I DID have to keep pulling up my shorts since they were loose around my waist.

I hope I can keep it up, as I have a track record for not sticking with weight training beyond6-8 weeks... But having the check in is so helpful so I think I can do it this time!

Thanks for all the support so far!!!

Marcy

JulieL
07-12-2005, 08:34 AM
Marcy that's great!!! When I was BFing and working out it was the inches I saw move more than the scale - very inspiring! Keep it up!

JulieL
07-12-2005, 08:35 AM
Petra ((HUGS)) you'll be out on your own soon enough! Just kill BIL with kindness and focus on your future home! I hope the time goes quickly!

mmaimp
07-12-2005, 01:38 PM
No weight loss this week but no gain either. Sill keeping in my points range and I had to drop 2 a day last week.

I don't know what to do about getting organized workouts into my routine. Still playing hard with the boys. I'm also doing tons of house cleaning. We have to much junk and I have been storing it for too long. So the basement is half way cleared out.

Reading everyone's workouts is great inspiration but I just can't seem to get sessions into my day.

alleyoop
07-12-2005, 03:29 PM
"As The Ball Turns"

After the ball saga last week, we absolutely tore the garage apart looking for the darn plug to the ball... but alas, it was lost to the great garage god. So, we bought another ball! I still have to fill it up, as I did a butt-load of yardwork on Saturday for my Xtraining. Tomorrow is my next XT day, so I will post a full report then. :)

In all, 4 days running and 1XT. And (drum roll please) I lost a pound! Slow and steady is my game.

I swore during all of the bike riding that I was NOT going to get on the bike ever again. Though I have been watching the Tour de France every night and I think I am jones-ing to ride. Anyone else watching the Tour??

Lynnie
07-13-2005, 08:54 AM
I am so impressed with you guys. (even the self proclaimed slackers are doing a good job, i think)

I had another sub par week. Was in a car for 12 hours on tuesday with two kids (did spend a few hours in cocoa beach, running after kids... maybe that counts !) and had to work late most nights the rest of the week, and my husband accidentally erased my ipod (grrrr). I did manage to get up early one day and walk for 30 minutes. wow, that's pretty pathetic.

I did buy a winsor pilates dvd from a mom on the mama swap board, so hopefully that will arrive and i'll incorporate that into a workout.

I read the oprah and her personal trainer book. it got me a little inspired.

I think I will start adding next week's (really this week) goals to my posts, then I will at least have a game plan. The week of 7/11 I will get at least 3 30 min speed walks in, two workouts on the treadmill, and three weight workouts. I will try to make it to the gym twice.

lukkykatt
07-14-2005, 10:24 PM
I got in 3 workouts last week and has a moderately good week of eating. Julie, I so feel your pain about trying to get the workouts in w/no preschool - that has ben my big problem too. Plus I'm trying to potty train DS, so I can't let the little guy out of my sight for a minute!

jk3
07-15-2005, 07:07 AM
I have had a decent week. The gym is offering free babysitting this month so that has been a motivating force. MY DS loves to go as well which helps. I've been sticking to the same routine: 30-40 minutes cardio + 15-20 minutes of weights. I just feel sluggish perhaps due to the heat and humidity. We're also not getting much sleep in this household for some reason so that doesn't help.

Jenn
DS 6/3/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

barbarhow
07-15-2005, 12:07 PM
Funny you should say that-because I am feeling thinner and I think looking better but haven't notices a huge change on the scale. How the heck does that work???
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03, a Red Sox fan
and Anna 5/12/05, my little Yankee fan!

barbarhow
07-15-2005, 12:13 PM
This is the week I will exercise. Repeat-this is the week I will exercise....DH finally has some days off. DD will not take a bottle and she is so young-I am not comfy leaving her at the Y's daycare yet-even though I know I could only swim about 15 minutes max. But DH can take her this week. I am really looking forward to it-I think my loss has stalled because of the lack of exercise. I have certainly been pretty good about my intake. Not that I haven't fantasized about a massive piece of chocolate cake or something.....
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03, a Red Sox fan
and Anna 5/12/05, my little Yankee fan!

JulieL
07-15-2005, 02:20 PM
yummmm cake :)