PDA

View Full Version : Howdy All! I'm new here, too!

mamatolukey
07-11-2005, 06:28 PM
Just thought I'd introduce myself to you guys. We live in Oregon, I have a two year old little boy, and am about 60 pounds overweight. I've just decided to join Prevention Magazine's WOW (walking off weight), and I just got back from buying my first pair of dedicated walking shoes. The WOW program uses a pedometer (for those of you not familiar), and if you stay on course, increases your steps from 5,000 to 10,000 a day in about a month. I am going to be combining this with sensible eating, meaning cutting down portions, lean meats & fish, lots of fruits & veggies, and water, water, water!

I've been telling myself how it's okay to be overweight, after all, I just had a baby, right? That's getting harder and harder lately, seeing as he's now 2. So, it's time to stop fooling my self, and get on track. I used to be a firefighter/EMT-B, and was in awesome shape, about five years ago. After I quit, things just started sliding. My DH and I got married, and went through about three REALLY hard years. The pounds were so easy to ignore and rationalize away.

Now the rest of my life is finally on track, and we're starting to think about adding #2 to the fam, but I just refused until I get myself healthy again. I really want a healthy pregnancy, and the last thing I need is to add another preg's worth of pounds onto what I'm already dealing with, KNIM? LOL. Well, enough of my life story. I'm really glad to meet y'all, and I hope to get to know everyone in the future. (I normally hang out in carseats, and I've opened up a new account here. I though my old one revealed too much personal info. I didn't consider things carfully enough when signing up the first time. Anyway, I did have around 75ish posts before...)

Kelli
Mommy to Luke (April 2003)

jerseygirl07067
07-11-2005, 09:47 PM
Welcome Kelli! I wish I had focused on getting back in shape prior to #2. That's great that you are starting a program. It will make your pregnancy easier for sure!

Marcy

JulieL
07-12-2005, 08:31 AM
WELCOME KELLI!!!

Um you don't need 75 points to hang out! You only have to have 1 to say I'm in! My step-mom did the WOW program (well cooking as well as my Dad will let her!), and lost like 5 lbs in the first month - and she is 50, that time of life where it's hard to lose weight! It sounds like such a resonable and reachable goal, I'm sure you will see results. I just wish I had a lovely place like Oregon to walk around at! Getting healthy will definately help your fertility - so it has many benefits! Please post with us. We post our successes for the previous week in eating and exercise accomplishments. It's our way to keep us accountable to a healthy life style!

kellij
07-14-2005, 12:02 AM
Hey! I am sort of in the same boat. My baby is 6 1/2 months old and I've been thinking that I probably can't use the "i just had a baby" excuse any more either. I'm about 50-60 lbs overweight. I too want to lose weight before adding baby number 2. I had gestational diabetes, so I'm nervous about gaining weight with pregnancy before getting rid of the excess lbs. I'm thinking about joining the Y, so I can have a class that I go to and where I can have someone watch my DS. I hate to spend the money though! My name is also Kelli!