PDA

View Full Version : Any help for soreness?

COElizabeth
07-13-2005, 08:38 AM
Yesterday I finally started an exercise class. It was all moms with their kids in strollers, and we did light jogging, walking lunges, dips on a park bench, etc. Boy did I learn I am out of shape! I'm sore all over today, but the dips in particular did a real number on my left tricep (and I thought my left arm was stronger!). Right now I can't even bend my arm all the way, and I can hardly carry Charlotte! Any tips for alleviating soreness?

Elizabeth, Mom to James, 9-20-02
and Charlotte, 11-04-04

psophia17
07-13-2005, 11:27 AM
I did a stroller workout with DS for 3 months, and it was a lot harder than I expected it to be - I particularly hated walking lunges...oh the horror :)

Anyhow, not much helped with the soreness except time, but massage and nice long (30 second plus) stretches do help that time go by faster. I have found that it takes at least 3 episodes of a new exercise before I'm not the walking wounded the next day...

And way to go on joining a class - I love going to them, and if I can bring DS even better (we're past the stage where he'll happily sit in the stroller - he wants to run around and eat rocks instead).

alleyoop
07-13-2005, 05:28 PM
Hot baths, Motrin and chocolate... lots of it! :) Good for you for doing the stroller class!

kellij
07-13-2005, 11:49 PM
I like Icy hot. Also, I think epsom salts in a warm bath help with aching muscles. Ice is good too.