PDA

View Full Version : Exercise and BF

yhtking
07-22-2005, 04:14 PM
Could someone give me some advice regarding exercise and BF? What should I do to make sure my breasts are not sore or hurting while exercising? I'm new to this forum and 25 lbs. to lose to get to my pre-pregnancy weight. I've gained 50 lbs with DD. Appreciate any help.

Thanks.

JulieL
07-22-2005, 05:08 PM
You should start out with a supportive bra that fits right. Many bfing mom's have found the ones from www.titlenine.com very supportive - better than ones found at a department store. I had good luck w/a DD chest with this one from Champion

http://www.championcatalog.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=76846&cgrfnbr=1167729

Make sure you replenish your body w/about 90 calories after working out to keep up your milk supply. I would eat a Dannon yogurt, Eddies whole fruit pop (kind w/no added sugar) or a banana. Make sure you are eatting healthy. I believe I've heard mom's say WW has a BFing eatting plan that is helpful. If your breasts are prone to being sore go low impact with your workouts. Things that may work well are: speed walking, pilates, low impact aerobics, or swimming. I would keep from workouts like kickboxing or running if your breasts are really sensitive.

HTH some. It's a hard road from the beginning to lose weight, but SSSOOOO rewarding! If you have any other questions ask away!

Oh, and welcome to the forum :)

houseof3boys
07-22-2005, 07:26 PM
I use a regular sports bra when working out but have considered getting one of the more supportive sports type bras that don't smush your breasts down so much. I do cardio about 5 times a week but am very slack about weights. I do a variety of the bike, elliptical trainer, step and treadmill since I get bored very easily. I also take yoga or stretch once a week since it helps me unwind from life with two kids.

I am a big proponent of not dieting when breastfeeding so make sure that you keep up your nutrition since you are the milk truck for your sweet new little girl! There are tons of healthy choices to make that aren't loaded with empty calories too.

I gained about 50 pounds with my first child (okay so I did with my second one too :P) and it took about 10 months to lose it all, but I was fully prepared for a year! It's not about the number of pounds though since it seems your body morphs into another shape after childbirth. :)

Best of luck with it.