PDA

View Full Version : WW question

neeter
07-25-2005, 10:00 AM
I've been doing WW for a couple of weeks, and things are going well. I'm just thinking ahead to reaching my goal (yay!!) and whether to continue WW on the maintenance plan to try to reach the lifetime member. What do you guys think? Is it worth it to continue paying the dues for the maintenance and to reach lifetime? Thanks for your thoughts here!

mmaimp
07-25-2005, 12:09 PM
When I did WW before children I became a lifetime member. I became pregnant a couple of weeks after reaching lifetime so I did not do the maintenance program. Now we are done having children so I need the accountability of a monthly weigh-in.

I think this would really depend on you. Do you need to be weighed by WW to keep the weight off or is WW just a good way for you to drop the postpartum weight and you should be fine from there? I've had weight issues since I was a preteen not just postpartum so I want and need the help keeping it off.

erbono
08-05-2005, 12:00 PM
I made goal a few weeks ago and am on maintenance right now! I plan on becoming a lifetime member. I need the outside accountability. After this maintenance phase I am going to work on losing another 10 pounds.

Keep up the good work!

Erica

neeter
08-05-2005, 12:46 PM
congrats on making your goal!!!! yahoo! :) good points on outside accountability and motivation.

June Mommy
08-06-2005, 08:32 PM
Just wanted to add that on the maintenance plan you pay less than your normal weekly fee. I'm a Lifetime Member and work as a receptionist at our local meeting. Our regular weekly fee is $12, but Maintenance members only pay $6 per week for the 6 weeks of Maintenance. Once you've maintined for the 6 weeks you get your Lifetime membership.

erbono
08-06-2005, 09:31 PM
No Way!!!! They *did not* tell me this and I have been using those coupons that equate to about $11/session! When you say maintain....what exactly do you mean? I was up a pound last week and they told me it was ok as long as I was at goal at the end of the 6 weeks to become lifetime. I am so mad they were taking my coupons and never told me about the reduced rate..... I'm going to the WW site right now....

June Mommy
08-07-2005, 05:37 PM
Hmm, maybe your area charges different than mine, but I would definitely ask if I were you. There are areas that are privately owned and charge different than the national franchise. As far as maintenance, once you reach your goal weight you have to maintain it for 6 weeks to achieve lifetime. You're allowed 2 pounds for lenience, so if you were up 1 lb. but still no more than 2 pounds from your goal then you are still fine. If you were to go above 2 lbs. from your goal, you would have to pay the regular weekly fee, and possibly start the 6 weeks over (in my area, anyway!)

I'm still working on getting back to my goal weight since having DS! I seem to be stuck.

neeter
08-07-2005, 07:31 PM
I also think that you can officially go on "maintenance" within 5 pounds of your goal weight.

Buffys Mommy
08-27-2005, 06:37 PM
Totally worth it. Here's why.

Once you reach lifetime, you never pay a registration fee again. If you have to go back to WW for some reason, that will save you money right there.
Once you reach lifetime, you can just weigh in once a month and as long as you are within 5 pounds, you don't pay. Great for keeping you in check once you hit lifetime.
As a recovering lifetime member, I'm having trouble hitting meetings every week due to work and other obligations. I'm averaging once a month right now, but I don't ever pay a missed meeting fee. That's another benefit to being lifetime.

I know it's a few extra dollars up front (and my center didn't charge a reduced fee for maintenance), but the benefits outweigh it. Plus, it will be great in a few more weeks to stand up in front of your meeting and have your leader proclaim you a lifetime member.

Congratulations on hitting your goal!

Tammie
momma to Sarah 10/03