PDA

View Full Version : Fitness and Nutrition Challenge

psophia17
07-27-2005, 10:31 PM
I need ideas on a 6-week challenge for my fitness and/or nutrition goals. Something that is a challenge for me, but that I stand a chance of accomplsihing. My past one was to stay within my WW pts for 6 weeks, and I didn't make it. My first one was to go to 90% of my scheduled fitness activities for 5 weeks, and I did manage to do that.

I'm having real trouble coming up with something for the next round - I have a BBQ, rehearsal dinner, camping stagette, wedding cupcake baking day, and bridal shower all coming up within the next three weeks, and after that there are more weddings coming.

Ideas?

JulieL
07-28-2005, 11:50 AM
um... if not the above again, how about vegetarian cooking for 4 weeks? I have to vegetarian cookbooks I can recommend if you like. I'm not talking about vegan where they don't even eat eggs. It's a challenge alright!

milesmom
07-28-2005, 02:13 PM
Maybe you could plan to eat something healthy and filling, before each event to minimize what you eat when you get there???

Plan to skip a course, i.e. no appetizers or no dessert?

Lot's calories in alcohol often, you could set a limit on that, skip it all together, or agree to a couple glasses of water/sparkling water for every glass of wine, cocktail, etc....

Just my thoughts...

alleyoop
07-28-2005, 02:37 PM
How about training for a 5K race? There are some great plans out there that are really doable in six weeks. Plus, crossing that finish line is such fun, and the T-shirt is good, too.

For those big events, how about the 3 bite rule? I sometimes do this for myself when going to an indulgent event (oh, and haven't ever been sucessfull at it, but that is just low-willpower me!). You get 3 bites of whatever and how ever many things you want... but only 3 bites!

I am so bad at that nutrition stuff. I am already trying to come up with a strategy for the holidays. I would rather work out ever darn day than give up ice cream! ;)

Good Luck! If you come up with something fun, I might jump on your bandwagon. You are such an inspiration for me, already!

psophia17
07-28-2005, 03:07 PM
That might be good to try after we move out, but not until then - I live in a household of meat eaters for the time being, and DH would have a cow (ha!) if I tried it right after we moved...but I'll keep it in mind :)

psophia17
07-28-2005, 03:10 PM
I'll definitely keep these ideas in mind, but they aren't really trackable for my challenge...

One of these days when I eat something healthy and filling before a calorie packed event, maybe it'll actually work, but usually when I try this I end up having two meals. *sigh* The price that those of us with no willpower pay ;)

psophia17
07-28-2005, 03:13 PM
I don't think I'm up to running yet - I hate running, always have, and given the size the girls are I think I'd poke my (or a bystander's) eye out ;)

I am thinking something fitness related...maybe have a goal of WW pts earned, instead of a pts consumed goal. That might work - I stand a chance, at least...hmmmmm