PDA

View Full Version : I'm a Pregnant aerobics instructor!!

hmseyer21
07-31-2005, 06:32 PM
I have really enjoyed reading this forum. I am a Jazzercise instructor and have just began my 7th month of pregnancy!(1st baby) It is amazing how fit I have remained so far! I did not have a perfect body in my pre-pregnant days, but I have actually continued to firm the other parts of my body. Pretty much all of my weight gain has been from my sweet little belly buddy. Now I will also admit that each week becomes more challenging as I have to modify my routines while teaching to 15-20 women who are not pregnant. They seem to get a kick out of how energetic I can be with this growing hump. I never thought I would last this long, but we have amazingly capable bodies! I have cut down to teaching one day a week, but I still continue to take other classes and do the lower impact version. This forum is really encouraging and I am glad to see so many women take pride in their health! If you need a fun workout and you have Jazzercise in your area, check it out! My classes are all shapes, ages, and levels of fitness! Keep up the good work!

Lovingliv
07-31-2005, 10:23 PM
I love jazzercize....My aunt and my sister both are addicted! I can totally understand why..it rocks! I can't seem to find the time to go....glad to hear you are still teaching! Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy!

JulieL
08-01-2005, 09:48 AM
That's great! What week are you? Boy working out pregnant sure is different isn't it! LOL my lunges are getting less and less deep! My first pregnancy I didn't workout and this one I am - boy I look VERY this time. It's hard to motivate myself some days, but then I remember last time, and find time to exercise! ;) Good for you for keeping up your workouts! Come join us weekly if you want for encourangement and support.

Several women in my church are Jazzercise nuts and won't miss a class unless someone is dead sick! I hear it's a great fun!

Glad to meet you! :)

hmseyer21
08-07-2005, 11:30 PM
It is the only thing I have really been able to stick with my whole life!! I've always enjoyed dance and this was my niche. That's the key to keeping the commitment...do something you actually like to do. I became an instructor because I was blessed with rhythm and good people skills and it keeps me there even on "lazy" days.

Pregnancy is different though. You really have to listen to your body on those days..sometimes it means just rest! I've learned the hard way once I get up there to teach and the energy is low. Next week I will be only attending classes instead of teaching...so I can work at a slower pace and not have to talk and workout at the same time. Baby Noah is a lung invader...it's hard enough to breath without talking!! So I am coming to my instructing days end until a couple of months...but I am still going to go to classes like I said. I am starting my 31st week and this is my first pregnancy. Everyone says labor is so much easier if you stay in shape..I'm definitely glad about that!!!:) Hope everyone is doing great this week!