JulieL
08-01-2005, 09:51 AM
Well I used every ounce of energy I had this week:

Monday: 1 hr swim class

Tuesday: Basic Step (aerobics)

Wednesday: 2 hr sewing class - my "arm workout"

Thursday: off

Friday: off

Saturday: Basic Step (aerobics) and 75 lunges + 2 hours organinzing and moving boxes in my basement (my other "arm workout" )

Sunday: GSL premix 33 min (lower body weight workout) + 4 hours cleaning my apartment (I'm going threw our closets - oh the joy)

I just had it and crashed last night at 7:00. I've been on top of all that going through baby clothes, sorting out what I can use for our DD and what I'm going to sell. It's been quite a week. For the better half of the week our small apartment looked worse for all the boxes I've had out that I've been sorting through. They say it looks worse before it gets better! I still have more organinzing and rearranging to do, but feel like I got alot done!

How are all of you ladies?

psophia17
08-01-2005, 12:22 PM
I'm amazed at your energy, Julie - absolutely amazed!

This past week was a bad one for me, and was an early start to the wedding frenzy going on for DH's best friend. First we were on a long weekend road trip, which of course means too many meals out and not enough healthy food, although I was downing cherries and other orchard fresh produce the whole time. Then we drove back on Tuesday morning and by the time we got home my back was killing me. I was pretty much out of commission until Thursday afternoon with killer back spasms, and when those finally stopped (at least the daytime ones) I was still really sore and unable to do more than easy stretches. In the next few weeks, I have a shower, stagette, rehearsal, wedding, another wedding, a 1st birthday party, FIL's birthday, MIL's birthday, and AIL's birthday all to contend with...so long as my back stays healthy and I get my workouts in I should be fine...wish me luck, ladies!

ETA: I just took my monthly measurements, and I lost 2 inches in my hips! My hips are, for the first time since weaning, smaller than my boobs :D

jerseygirl07067
08-01-2005, 12:41 PM
Don't you love that second trimester energy surge? Though I don't know if would have had the energy to do all that - that's awesome!

Last week was a really good week. Julia has finally fallen into a great nap routine, making getting in workouts a bit easier. Her and Sammy are simultaneously napping the in afternoon, so more time for me! :)

I managed to get in 5 cardio workouts for almost an hour each. I did the usual mowing the lawn with our antiquated push mower for about 75 minutes, then mon, tues, wed, thurs rode the bike for 60 mintues doing interval training alternating between level 8 and level 16. I even managed to get a strength training workout in on thursday too. It was a great week, and I was able to keep up the good eating, even at DH parents house this weekend with all the crap they had to eat there. (I posted about this in the bitching post) I purposely didn't eat any crap to prove a point - otherwise they were going to try to give Sammy donuts, soda, chips, and cookies all weekend long despite my objection. And I knew the minute I ate some of the garbage, they would immediately be on my case saying if I was eating it, Sammy should be able to have some too. So as hard as it was, I didn't eat anything bad all weekend!

So in your face in laws! (who happen to be morbidly obese and diabetic too) I rock and you don't!! (okay, I guess that's for the bitching post!)

I am starting to really see changes in my body and am liking what I see in the mirror! And when I weighed myself yesterday, I was down another 4 lbs from last month! Crazy as it sounds, I can see an inkling of my abs too. I don't remember the last time that was the case!

Whoooooh!!!

Marcy

lukkykatt
08-01-2005, 08:29 PM
Wow, Julie when you get done at your house, swing on by to my place and I'll put you to work!

Well last week was not so great - my MIL sadly passed away. I have to say that I was blessed with the best MIL I could ever hope for. We were back and forth to PA twice during the week, staying with SIL and eating on the fly while trying to make all the arrangements. So, any semblance of healty eating went out the window for sure. I did manage to get in 3 workouts; two 30 minute cardios, and one spot training for arms and abs. I was just happy that I was able to even make a feeble attempt at keeping up with a schedule.

Poor DH, this happened just days before his bday. If anyone could send prayers or positive thoughts to my DH and his family, I am sure that it would be most welcomed.

psophia17
08-01-2005, 10:15 PM
Your family is in my thoughts.

jerseygirl07067
08-02-2005, 12:59 PM
Andrea,

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. You and your family are in my thoughts.

Marcy