PDA

View Full Version : Looking for the best deal out there on an exercise step...

jerseygirl07067
08-02-2005, 10:10 PM
I didn't realize they were so pricey! I want a good one w/the risers so I can use it as an exercise step for the Cathe workouts (and also as a weight bench for me and DH). I saw that some have varying heights, and a really nice one that goes up to 15" with the risers. I thought that might be a good option so I could also use it as a high step, but it was so dang expensive. I tried calling around to Play It Again sports but they didn't have any. I think there were a few on ebay but I will see what they come too with shipping, since that would be pretty pricey.

Where can I get better deals on this? Thanks.

Marcy

psophia17
08-02-2005, 10:30 PM
I have no idea how much steps run, but have you looked into getting the step from The Firm? My BF has one of these, it's less of a rectangle than a regular step, but it's really tall...and I think you can get these pretty cheap used.

HTH!

JulieL
08-03-2005, 09:41 AM
Wal-mart has the best prices:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/search-ng.gsp?search_constraint=0&search_query=The+Step&ics=20&ico=0

I have the smaller $26 one for now, and it works fine. I'm asking for the bigger one for Christmas. The Firm steps will NOT do at all. They are cheap and a waste of money! That comes from someone who used The Firm for almost 2 years. If your on a budget crunch get the bigger one latter. I got my high step through Wal-mart for the best price even w/shipping.

jerseygirl07067
08-07-2005, 02:24 PM
Thanks for the site Julie! Now I'm thinking of buying the high step, then just getting the health club step topper, or vice versa, getting the health club step and then buying the high step topper. Which ever way is cheapest. Then I can have both without buying the two full steps. :) (I have a small Walmart credit since I had to make a few returns recently, so I am making the splurge)

**I also think the high step comes with her muscle endurance video. So I might go that route and also get the health club step topper....**

BTW, I did PLB and it was awesome!! I never thought I'd say that about a workout that involves so many lunges/squats/leg presses. I actually made it through the pyramids okay, using minimal weight (0-10-20) and a small 6 inch step stool I have. So there is lots of room to add increased step height and/or weight over time. What surprised me was how hard the ball exercises were!! Yowza!!

Anyway, thanks for turning me on to the Cathe workouts. My Muscle Max DVD is supposed to be coming tomorrow. I've also been taping some of them off of FitTV until I can afford to buy more of the DVDs.

This will work out well because I found I wasn't pushing myself as much in the past 2 weeks or so with the weight training, so this will give me that added push so I don't slack! (I was sore for almost 3 days after doing PLB!!)

Hope things are continuing to go well with your pregancy!

Marcy

JulieL
08-08-2005, 09:39 AM
I'm SO glad you liked it! I LOVE PLB!!! And yes it is a killer!!! You think your down then she starts the floor work! It's a great workout to build up in! Yes the high step comes w/Muscle Endurance. Boy all I can say is watch out on ME for the bicep work -YOWZERS!!! I'm so glad you can see a new challenge for yourself, that is why I love Cathe, cause w/her there is ALWAYS room for improvement!!!