PDA

View Full Version : Posting week 8/1

JulieL
08-08-2005, 09:29 AM
Well I had great aspirations - but my MIL & SIL came in town thursday so that messed me up. I thought I would have time for at least 2 workouts from F-Sun but didn't so it ended up being a light week. It started out ssooo good, oh well!

Monday: High Step Circuit : total body workout

Tuesday: Low Max 4-7 : step aerobics

Wednesday-Sunday: family time so no workouts

I hope to have a better week this week, and should seeing as they are splitting on thursday. I love seeing them, but I have not enough time in the day to do everything, darn it! Hope all of you are doing well!

psophia17
08-08-2005, 12:47 PM
I had a crummy week this time around, too, but hopefully didn't do too badly overall.

Fitness was below average because my back is still store, but I did manage to get in:

Mon - extreme playtime with DS
Tue - Total Body Conditioning
Wed - Power Water
Thu - rest
Fri - rest
Sat - setting up camp and camping on a pebble beach
Sun - taking down camp on pebble beach and hauling equipment up 20-foot embankment while hungover

Nutrition was bad - between my needs for ice cream and salt, going to a stagette and drinking way too much, and doing prep work for the wedding cupcakes I'm baking this week, I ate like crap. However, I'm sure I can make it up after the wedding is over...wish me luck on that.

jerseygirl07067
08-08-2005, 02:37 PM
<<taking down camp on pebble beach and hauling equipment up 20-foot embankment while hungover>>

That's too funny!

I had a decent week. Ironically, Julia is taking these great naps, but her wake time this past week seemed to be when Sammy was taking her pm nap. Gotta get those pm naps back in sync!!

Exercise wise, per Julie's recommendation, I ordered some Cathe workout videos to keep me motivated with my weight training. The weather screwed me up, because on three days I was all set to mow the lawn, then it downpoured late in the day. By then it was harder to get a workout in. My favorite time is in the mid afternoon....At least until I have to go back to work.

Sun/Mon - nothing

Tuesday - Upper body strengthening and 1 hour on bike

Wednesday - Cathe Lower Body Pyramid

Thursday - mowed lawn finally for 45 mins or so and did bike for another 30 mins

Friday - Cathe Core Max

Saturday - upper body strengthening workout

I would have like to have done more cardio, but didn't. Lower Body Pyramid did get my HR going though! As for eating, I noticed an increase in appetite this week, which I am attributing to Julia continuing to eat like a little piggy, increasing my supply.

I hope to get lots of cardio in this week as I have my monthly weigh in and measurements coming up.

Hope everyone is continuing to do well!

Marcy

jerseygirl07067
08-08-2005, 02:44 PM
Julie,

How do you like Low Max? I haven't been into step workouts much in the past, but thought it might be a good one to have to add variety for cardio. Right now I use our stationary bike, which I love, but it's too hot to run or do other stuff right now outside during the day. And with Cathe, I seem to actually like using the step, seeing how effective it is. I checked out her site, and quite a few people mentioned how they also felt Low Max was a great lower body strengthening workout as well as cardio. That would be perfect for me, so I could achieve both in one workout.

Since I am splurging on the steps too, I was thinking of getting that one...:)

Marcy

BTW - I like your avatar - too cute.

lukkykatt
08-08-2005, 09:24 PM
I had a decent week. I worked out 4 times.

Tuesday: 35 min elliptical
Wednesday: abs/arms
Thursday: 35 min elliptical
Saturday: abs/arm
Sunday: 30 minutes of dancing with DC to Otis Redding DVD (does that count, ha ha!)

My eating was so/so. Not stellar, but not horrible - just snacking a little too much :) DH is back to phase 1 SBD, so hopefully out house will be purged of snack foods.

Here's to a good week for all!

JulieL
08-09-2005, 07:58 AM
Sunday: 30 minutes of dancing with DC to Otis Redding DVD (does that count, ha ha!)

Sure it does! Better than watching tv! :)

JulieL
08-09-2005, 08:00 AM
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LLLOOOOOOVVVVVEEEEEE LOW MAX!!! I'm challenged when it comes to complicated steps - but this one I was able to figure out. It has great music and WOW the blasts BURN your legs! I only do it on an 6" step, once I'm not pg I'll do it on the recommended 8" - honestly I'm scared to feel it done on an 8"!!! Talk about raising your heartrate!!! :o

jerseygirl07067
08-09-2005, 08:27 AM
Ok, twist my arm (LOL)! I am going to order that one too.

Marcy

alleyoop
08-11-2005, 09:08 PM
Hi y'all!

Is it possible that my darn scale is broken? I have been hovering within 4 pounds for the last 4 weeks and it is driving me batty! What does a girl have to do to get over the hump? And why are my humps always on the whole numbers: 180, 170, 160, etc.

Note to self: Stop EATING!!! Ok, I know! I should take my rant to the bitching post. ;)

Julie! Where is that bump pic you promised?

I had a pretty good run week last week, despite hubby being out of town Sat-Sat. I ran the 4 times, thanks to a babysitter, and almost ran right over an armadillo. Whew! However, due to said hubby being MIA I ate my way through the week. Not good. I was so darn proud of myself for doing 8 miles on my long run, but this relentless march up the mileage scale has finally taken its toll, and I haven't been able to run in the last couple days due to sore shins. I think I might have to dust the bike off to keep the poundage off. This week is going to suck.

Stop eating, stop eating, stop eating, stop eating...