PDA

View Full Version : Posting week 8/29

psophia17
09-06-2005, 01:53 PM
Good morning ladies :)

First, a message for Julie - I've been thinking about you a ton lately - how are you feeling? Getting lots of rest and having very few contractions, I hope.

On to the meat and potatoes (yum...meat and potatoes :9)...

I had a pretty good week last week. It was hard since we're in the midst of apartment hunting and I missed a planned workout, and since I had to go to three events in three days, but I think overall I did pretty well.

Fitness:
Mon - nada
Tue - TBC
Wed - Power Water
Thu - Apt hunting
Fri - nada
Sat - nada
Sun - ran around after DS at a b-day party

Nutrition:
Has been lacking, again. I need to get back into my pre-August groove, where things were going really well. I don't think it helps that during my previous round of WW, my lowest weight was 177, which I was for one weigh-in only, the week I got pg, so I'm truly working on virgin fat now. But I feel really good, and except for my belly flab and slight double chin, I feel like I look good, too, which is nice. But in the meantime, I'm on this plateau...

Has anyone got something I can try to get over the plateau? Weekends are doing me in, and I'm having a really hard time with willpower. I have it for Thursday and Friday, then Sat-Sun I go a little wild, and Monday and Tuesday I try to make up for the weekend, and Wednesday, when I weigh in, I start the whole cycle over again.

Any ideas?

ETA: I lost a pound - finally! Yay! I'm going to crack 180 next week...I have promised myself :)

jerseygirl07067
09-06-2005, 04:14 PM
Hey Petra! Yes, those plateaus are so frustrating. Is there a way you can change up your routine a bit? Do something so different from your normal workouts that you kind of shock your body and break through that plateau? Like doing all your cardio first thing in the am, or just doing all strength training that week, or doing an extra long cardio session. I have an issue with weekends myself, as I'm not on as much of a routine when DH is home. Funny, you'd think that would make things easier, but it seems like we're always off doing something!

My week went a bit better. Much to my surprise, I've lost another two pounds but haven't taken my measurements yet for this month. I've also been really sore from my strength training workouts, so I didn't get in as many workouts this week as I have in the past, but that sore feeling makes me feel like I am challenging myself!

Mon/Tues - recovering from soreness from previous upper/lower body workouts
Wed - Cathe Pyramid Upper Body
Thurs - Cathe Pyramid Lower Body (I love these pyramid workouts!!)
Fri/Sat - resting because I am sore as heck again
Sun - mowing lawn for 75 minutes

I actually feel like I get a cardio workout too from the Cathe Pyramid workouts because they are fast moving, with minimal rest in between all the sets. When I check my HR, it is up there for the majority of the workout. I have another DVD from her which is called Muscle Max, so I'm hoping to try it out this week, and get on the bike again.

Eating wise, I'm still doing the modified Zone, though I slacked a bit on some of the fruits and veggies this week. I really do feel better when I eat all those fruits and veggies, and maybe that will help with my post workout soreness! I've also noticed a big increase in my appetite, so I'm eating a bit more too.

Marcy

alleyoop
09-07-2005, 04:31 PM
Petra, I am coming out of hiding to say... NICE A$$!! :)

I hear you girl, on the Plateau! They suck. I also hear you on the weekend eating problem. I eat terrible durring the weekend, takes me Mon-Wed to try to get over the cravings, I finially do well Thurs-Friday, and am back to french fries on the weekend. Ugh. Have ZERO advice to you!

As if the shin splints weren't enough to do me in, I walked into our table last Tuesday and am pretty sure I broke my toe(pinky toe, second bone down). It is a beautiful green colour, and I can only just now wear my sandles. I can't even get my running shoes on it still hurts too bad. I have been weighing myself nearly every day, trying not to put the weight back on while it heals. The half-marathon is not going to happen, and I am bummed bummed about it. Ah well, what are you going to do??

Julie, How is your uterus treating you? Think of you often.

psophia17
09-07-2005, 09:05 PM
Thanks :) I was pretty amazed at that pic, myself...until the past few months, I have always had a flat as a pancake behind. If only the round parts in front had traded positions :P

As far as your toe goes, take it easy. I broke my right pinky toe in HS, and I still cringe when I think about how bad it hurt. I think it took about a week and a half for me to wear regular shoes again...well, that's as long as I got to sit in the office and have my work brought to me, at least. Here's hoping your toe heals fast!

JulieL
09-09-2005, 01:02 PM
Petra - I agree nice butt! It's nice to see results isn't it!

Marcy - I'm so glad you love the Cathe workouts, I miss them...sigh, but will do them once again someday!

Heather - what a bummer about your toe, I hope it heals soon!

So me, well I'm hanging in there. I have good and bad days, this week has been a little ugh due to the meds are making me queezy, give me heartburn, and so forth. I still have contractions every day. The bummer part is the worse ones start in the evening around 4 or 5 and last anywhere from 3-6 hours long. This week I'm been thrown a new loop, contractions starting at 10:00 pm, which sucks cause they don't often stop until 1:00 am or so. But I'm not dialating and am only going to the hospital about once a week instead of every day, so that is an improvement. Just taking it day by day, can't wait for her to be term!

Thanks for asking :)

jerseygirl07067
09-09-2005, 02:46 PM
Hi Julie! Thanks for giving us the update. I hope things are staying status quo and here's continued wishes to go to full term. :)

Marcy

lukkykatt
09-09-2005, 08:06 PM
Hi Everyone,

We've had a rough summer, but I am still around, and still sticking to my program (for the most part).

Last week, I worked out 5 times:

Mon:Elliptical
Tues:Abs/Arms
Wed:Elliptical
Thurs:Off
Friday:Abs/Arms
Sat:Elliptical
Sun:Off

Petra, I hear you on the plateau. I have been at a perpetual 5 pounds to go, which is very frustrating. Although I console myself that I am in much better shape now and muscle must weigh more...right?

Julie, hang in there - thinking about you!

I either broke or really hurt my little toe 2 days before my MIL's funeral this summer, so I feel your pain! Of course it was at the only time all summer I needed to wear SHOES and not sandals! Hopefully you will feel better soon.

Take care,