PDA

View Full Version : Posting week 7/5

psophia17
09-13-2005, 09:34 AM
Happy Tuesday!

Well, last week was alright for me. In the mad apartment hunt, I missed some workouts and I had McDs too many times, but hopefully it didn't do too much damage. The damage was done by the lovely cakes MIL brought home from the bakery - four of them. Those gorgeous little 7" cakes. And the gigantic chocolate cake we had for her birthday party. If only it never occurred to me to have a birthday party for her...*sigh*

I'm still on my plateau...but my immediate goal is to crack 180. Maybe not tomorrow on my weigh-in, but for sure next week. I will NOT eat cake for the rest of this week.

How was your week?

Lynnie
09-13-2005, 01:53 PM
Happy tuesday! I'm back with my tail between my legs and a bag of candy corn at my desk. (the good kind with chocolate on the bottom instead of yellow)

I think I've only put a couple pounds back on from the 10-11 I lost, but I can tell.

I have to get an MRI of my knee tomorrow cause I think I reinjured it on vacation, playing soccer on the beach with my three year old. Was trying to practice up for the league that I joined, first game next week. So, I am probably going to have to switch from running and soccer to biking and the elipse. I am bummed. (hence the candycorn). Hopefully I won't have to have surgery again.

Anybody know of a great eliptical machine that gives a workout almost as good as running on the treadmill ? Or have any easy-on-the-knees but challenging and fun workout suggestions ??

Think I'll make a montly goal - to lose back what I gained by the end of september. Time to give the bag of candy corn to a coworker and get on track.

I will have a positive report next week. unless of course I need another acl reconstruction or oats cartilage transplant thingy, in which case i will whine one more time, and then i will buck up. and i won't waste precious calories on candycorn. bleeeauuuuch. too much of that stuff is nasty.

hope everyone is doing well. heed my warning, stay clear of the candy corn. yeeeeuuuuch

lynn

ps - petra, how did you make your ticker ?? i'd like to do one with just the number of pounds i'd like to lose, not necessarily what weight I am and want to be. i think it might help motivate me.

psophia17
09-13-2005, 02:11 PM
It's from www.tickercentral.com - I'm pretty sure there's an option where you don't display your weight, too.

jerseygirl07067
09-13-2005, 02:24 PM
Ok, a pretty good week.

Last week, eating a bit better.

Workouts, I did two cardio sessions, one on the bike for 50 mins, the other mowing the lawn for an hour. I also did two full body strength training workouts (Cathe Muscle Max - a pretty awesome fully body workout. Made my abs pretty darn sore too :))

I have lost 15 pounds total so far and am almost onto tackling virgin weight, woohoo! It's weird, I've always had the hardest time losing it from my hips and butt, but this time, it's coming off there the fastest. It's my stomach/abdomen area that's more of a problem this time...But I know it will take more time.

Petra - you will break 180!! You can do it!

Lynnie - sorry to hear about your knee..I found that an awesome workout with less stress on the knees is uphill walking. I think you said you live in Miami, so I imagine no good hills, but do you have access to a treadmill? Also, walking on soft sand is a killer, though probably harder on your knees. Swimming is great too cardio wise...Also, I've been doing an upper body weight training video from Cathe called Upper Body Pyramid. It's pretty intense, and I find I get my HR up a lot with it. It's a good option if you have to stay off your knee for a while.

Marcy