PDA

View Full Version : 9/26 Check-in

psophia17
10-02-2005, 10:08 PM
I know - it's not Monday yet, but I had to post now...I almost ran all of a 5K today!

It was a last minute endeavor, I was asked Saturday night if I wanted to go to the Breast Cancer run/walk in Vancouver, and I said yes. We got there, and the plan was to walk and run as needed, since I haven't run anywhere since I hit puberty. We got started at a walk, because there were so many people jumbled together, but we ran when we could and only walked for 2 short segments of the whole 5K. I finished in just over 35 minutes, and wasn't winded, although my legs hurt.

I didn't do any other workouts this week, but have been eating well, and feel awesome - looking forward to moving is keeping me healthy!

I hope you all had as good a week as I did :)

Lynnie
10-03-2005, 09:38 AM
Great job !!! Isn't it great when you can really feel the results of getting in shape ?!

I had a decent week too. No real exercise, since i am STILL waiting for the stupid medical equipment company to come measure my leg for the stupid knee brace, but the knee does feel much better, and I did go for a few walks with the kids.

I tried to do a ball workout, but forgot everything, and couldn't find the tape. But at least I was in my workout clothes... getting warmer.

I ate pretty well. Didn't stick to the fat flush like I had hoped, but ate sensibly, and had just a little chocolate (and no more brownie mix. hooray). A friend at work lectured me that I am a nice size, and don't need to drop another 8-10 pounds, yada yada yada, and she's pretty much right, so I'll just try to tone up, and slowly and gradually eliminate the remainder of my belly.

My boss is giving us all an extra half hour for lunch on wednesdays and fridays, provided we use the time to work out (long story, and believe it or not, it really belongs in the bitching forum, but i won't digress further) so I am going to take advantage of that and hit the eliptical machine in the college gym across the street from where I work.

Hope everyone else had a good week too !

PS L'shana tovah (sp??) to anyone who is jewish !! I will NOT be dieting tonight, as I am going to cook a huge holiday meal ! (well, the brisket is cooking itself in the crock pot while I am at work, and I may have to buy the honey cake, but hey, the table looks nice) think i'll head over to the lounge and ask for some good, simple recipes !!

jerseygirl07067
10-03-2005, 12:20 PM
Way to go Petra!! That is awesome!

Lynnie - hope they get their act together on the knee brace for you - how frustrating! Good for you for abstaining from those brownies too. Once I eat one, I eat like ten!

Last week was pretty good. Ate some junk on friday at a friend's potluck with chocolate banana cream cake from Too Jays as dessert. How could I resist?? but otherwise I did okay. I was starting to feel run down later in the week, but pumped myself full of vitamin C and now I feel better.

Workouts went like this:

Mon - Cathe Slow and Heavy triceps/biceps/shoulders
Tues - stationary bike 50 mins
Wed - Cathe Pyramid Lower Body
Thurs - rest
Fri - rest
Sat - rest
Sun - Cathe Upper Body Workout and Abs sections from Muscle Max and then stationary bike for 45 mins

Hope everyone has a good week!

Marcy

mskitty
10-04-2005, 01:01 AM
Go speedy! Awesome job on the 5k!!!

MsKitty

JulieL
10-05-2005, 01:30 PM
Petra, a 5K that is WONDERFUL!!! I'm so syked for you! I remember that feeling, boy it is awesome seeing what your body is capable off!

Lynnie, sorry your still waiting to get measured for your brace. It's so not fun feeling your body not doing what is could before.

Marcy - I'M SO JEALOUS YOU GOT THE SLOW & HEAVY SERIES!!! That is my next request, oh you know in like 4 months or so when I'm rebounding. How do you like it?

DD got measured today and is 5lbs 12oz!!! So I'm feeling really good that she is moving in the right direction!

jerseygirl07067
10-05-2005, 02:53 PM
Julie,

I'm glad to hear your baby is measuring 5 lbs 12 oz! You must be getting relieved with each passing day/week.

Yes, I LOVE Slow and Heavy, but I only have the recorded version from Fit TV. So it's shortened a bit. (The fit tv shoulders portion leaves out lateral raises, so I just do them on my own. There is A LOT left out from the legs portion, so that's why I want the real thing eventually! As for triceps/biceps, I think most of the exercises are on there. I haven't done chest/back yet, but may try it this week.) I think I'm going to request the DVD set for the holidays. And if I don't cave and buy the Gym Styles before then, I will be requesting them too. :) Right now I'm trying to sell some stuff on e-bay so I don't feel guilty about buying all this stuff while I'm not working...One of the items I listed is ABS/LEGS/BUNS of Steel with Tamilee Webb (from some years back). I hope to get a few bucks for it at least. I'm just not a Tami fan...and didn't think they were much fun.

It sounds like you are getting closer to your baby's arrival. Here's hoping she doesn't come out to play for a bit longer...

Marcy

Lynnie
10-06-2005, 08:44 AM
I got measured for my brace !! ya hoo.

And petra is getting a new house, with furniture !! hooray! And look at that ticker movement...steadily going down !

And julie's little girl is getting bigger and staying put for the moment... even better news !!

And marcy is kicking butt with the workouts, and inspiring us all.

I think I'll tempt fate and say it is a happy new year so far... L'Shana Tovah again to all.

Now, if only the hairdresser hadn't absolutely butchered my hair, all would be well down here in rainy florida. Don't you hate it when they do that ??!! ... no, i didn't say cut the whole thing off, and make crazy layers and have the front way longer than the back so i can't make it look good, especially with only 3 weeks until my ten year law school reunion !! ooops - wrong forum ! sorry guys !