PDA

View Full Version : Week 10/3 check in.....

jerseygirl07067
10-11-2005, 03:08 PM
I've never started a check in post before..Yay!!

Last week was pretty good. Ate pretty well, though had to have pizza two nights. I'll chalk it up to needing the healthy lycopene in the cooked tomatoes :)

Workouts went like this:

Mon-rest
Tues -rest
Wed- Legs and Glutes (my new favorite Cathe Workout!) and Upper Body section from Cathe Muscle Max
Thurs - bike 50 mins
Fri - Legs and Glutes
Sat - bike 45 mins
Sun- rest

I really am starting to feel awesome!! I went out monday night for a friend's birthday and was able to fit into a pair of hip huggers that I haven't worn in three years!! Woohoo!! I felt like the girl in the Special K commercial! (In fact I heard that song on the radio - it's called Better Now by Collective Soul. It gets me really pumped)

How did everyone's week go?

Marcy

psophia17
10-11-2005, 04:11 PM
Yay Marcy! Congrats on your starting the check-in post - I know I was all excited to do it my first time, too :)

My week was alright - with all the shopping, packing, and other stuff going on, I didn't make it to any workouts, but I am trying to do lots of playtime with DS (his fave is flying, him lying on my feet, my legs up in the air). Also, Canadian Thanksgiving was this past weekend, so that made the nutrition tough, but I think I did alright.

I'm really, really working hard to crack 180 at tomorrow's weigh-in...wish me luck!

jerseygirl07067
10-11-2005, 04:30 PM
Here's to crackin'180!!! Good luck!

Marcy

Lynnie
10-12-2005, 10:51 AM
Great job !! I have a couple pairs of pants that I would love to fit in. But if I don't by my birthday (end of jan) out they go.

Let's see, last week I walked around the block a few times, but it hurt without the brace, so I have continued to pretty much rest. taking the meds and am trying to remember glucosamine.

The guy came with the brace yesterday, took it out, and said, ok, its your right knee, correct?? hmmm. nope, it would be my left one. at least it wasn't a mistake in surgery or anything, can you imagine ? so, they will be re-custom making another brace for the leg with the injured knee. they said they would expedite it, so hopefully it'll be here by friday !

Have been eating more sweets and junk than I should be, but still fit in my smaller clothes, so while I am not moving forward, at least I don't think I am falling back.

I look forward to working out this friday, with brace, and being able to report in on monday morning !!

And, its time to start WW - Bought a cookbook, and am going to plot out some meals. Petra, will the program work on any palm pilot ?? I don't have one, but I really can't imagine writing everything down on paper - gasp - (and knowing me, i would lose it, and throw it out with old receipts or something), so perhaps I NEED to buy a palm pilot type thing, as a fun gadget to help me on this weight loss quest. Do you know of any cheap ones that would do the trick ??

psophia17
10-12-2005, 07:06 PM
So long as the PDA runs the Palm OS, it will run the WW journaling program. I've been doing it on the Palm Zire 21, which is the cheapest and least interesting Palm out there, strictly for journaling. It was my only WW expense, since I didn't officially join it this round (although I did WW for a year before).

In any case, the Palm I have is:

http://www.palm.com/us/products/handhelds/zire21/

and the progarm's link is:

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/wwcalc-for-palm/

If you have questions, let me know - I love this program :)

Lynnie
10-13-2005, 01:32 PM
Yippeee !!

I am going to go for a long fast power walk today with the two kiddies !! So I will have something to report next week ! Although I'm sure everyone will miss my "I can't remember what I did last week, but I am sure it was nothing as I have to rest my knee" reports on my weekly check ins. ha ha :)

THEN I am going to get a palm pilot to track WW points, since I went to that website, and I am going to buy a cathe video or dvd too. I work hard all day and miss my babies, so darn it, I am going to spend some of our second income on stuff to help me get back in shape and just feel healthy and good about how I look. (hmmm a few guilt issues there, eh ? must REALLY need some workout therapy !)

Tomorrow I have a long lunch permitted I use it to exercise, so I think I'll hit the good old eliptical machine at the college gym across the street. hooray hooray !!

jerseygirl07067
10-13-2005, 07:50 PM
Whooooo hooooo!! :)

Marcy