PDA

View Full Version : South Beach Worked for ME!

youngmommy
10-16-2005, 10:26 PM
I haven't spent alot of time in the MommyFIT folder but I just wanted to drop by and let you guys know that I've dropped about 30 pounds in about 4-5 months on SouthBeach. I worked out really hard for about 6 months without dropping a pound after DD was about 6 months old. It just wasn't coming off! Then a friend took me to a WW meeting. My problem with that is that I dont want to watch my portions. I want to be able to walk into my kitchen and eat as much of anything that's in there as I feel like. That's the amazing thing about South Beach for me. I never would have even checked out this diet if it weren't for a close friend recommending it. I can honestly say that I feel like a walking infomercial. I could go on and on about how great I feel and how healthy I know this diet is, but I'll spare you. I would recommend checking out the books at your local library and just give them a quick look-through. The most helpful one for me was the "Good Fats Good Carbs Guide." I never got into doing any of the meals from the book. To this day I haven't even read the meal plans from the book! I just cut out the bad carbs and bad fats and started doing the whole grain thing. Also, I am still nursing so I just jumped right into Phase 2. Didn't bother me to skip phase 1. I do cheat here and there when I'm at other people's houses, but the point is that when I get back home and have a craving I just eat my South Beach food at home and I'm back on track. Anyway, just thought I'd share my excitement with you guys. Best of luck with your fitness goals!!

nd93
10-17-2005, 08:34 AM
What is your favorite SB snack(s). I did it for a while, got off track, and want to get back on. DH will be out of town for a week soon so that's when I'm going to start.

jerseygirl07067
10-17-2005, 03:32 PM
I read that book a while back. I thought it was a pretty good eating plan, and a much healthier version of Atkins (though I think even Atkins is often misunderstood and misinterpreted) I was considering doing it for a while, starting at phase 2, but wound up doing a modified version of the Zone instead, which I am still using. They both have very similar principles and encourage lean healthy proteins, healthy sources of fats, good whole grain lower glycemic carbs, lots of veggies, lower glycemic fruits, etc.

Congratulations on your weight loss. That is awesome!! Feel free to share your healthy recipe/meal/snack ideas. :)

Marcy

jerseygirl07067
10-22-2005, 09:39 PM
For a prepackaged SB snack, I think the breakfast bars are to die for. I liked the Maple flavor and Peanut flavor the best. So much so that I can't buy them, otherwise I eat the whole box, defeating the purpose :)

Marcy

youngmommy
11-10-2005, 12:41 PM
I get most of my info off of this website:

http://www.southbeach-diet-plan.com/forum/index.php

I was really trying to eat healthfully before this diet, but i just wasn't wise to the dangers of refined carbs and sugars. I was basically on a suger rollercoaster all day, every day. Now I try to limit myself to the foods recommended on Phase 2 of south beach.

If any of you mommies would like to try southbeach you should know that it is recommended that you skip phase one and start on phase 2 if you are currently breastfeeding.

BTW: Some of the "SouthBeach" pre-packaged food is not recommended on the south beach diet. Be careful!
http://www.southbeach-diet-plan.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=294104&highlight=#294104
(also search the boards for more info)

Wishing you all success!