PDA

View Full Version : Well, we joined a gym.

Saartje
11-05-2005, 07:35 PM
It's expensive, but it has everything we wanted in a gym, and at least it's a month-to-month fee, so we won't be locked into a contract with a place that doesn't quite meet our needs (and will meet our needs less as Ishie gets older).

We went for the first time yesterday. I walked a mile and a quarter (doing a proper warm-up, cool-down, and stretches); and Ishie didn't want to leave the child care room when I was done.

It's a start. :)

kath68
11-06-2005, 07:05 PM
Good for you! I do the month to month gym membership, too. I know myself well enough to know that I have to have *no excuses* for exercising. So I go the the closest, most fully-featured gym.

Whatever gets you there, I say.

Lynnie
11-07-2005, 12:26 PM
Great !! The biggest hurdle for me is DS's SCREAMING in the child care room. I've never been all that fond of CIO at night, and if the kid is crying loud enough for me to hear him all the way across the room while their music is blaring and I have my ipod on, then I know he is truly unhappy. If DS likes it, you won't feel guilty for going !

And month to month sounds perfect. Maybe you'll end up loving it, and you'll want to get a long term deal for less, or maybe you'll only use it for winters, and not need one in the summer. Good job !