PDA

View Full Version : Week of 10/31 Check in Time!

psophia17
11-07-2005, 01:30 PM
Good morning all!

I hope you all had a fab Halloween and had six kick-arse days following it.

I had a great week for both nutrition and fitness, if you don't count all the Halloween candy and cupcakes I ate...

Fitness:
Mon - ate cupcakes and candy
Tue - walked 1 hr
Wed - walked 1 hr
Thu - walked 2 hrs in pouring rain
Fri - marathon shopping with MIL
Sat - helped friends moved - lots of cardio, strength, and endurance with this, as we loaded boxes, unloaded boxes, and carried boxes to rooms in the basement and upstairs for 3+ hours straight
Sun - rest

Nutrition:
Lots of fruits and salad, and even when we went out to dinner, I ate all my veggies and asked to sub in extra veggies for my choice of potato. I've been on hiatus from journaling my WW pts since July, but I'm starting again on Wednesday at my weigh-in...I'm so close to melting off some virgin fat!

To all our newbies - please post away, we're here to help each other out :)

jerseygirl07067
11-08-2005, 12:40 AM
Virgin fat, virgin fat!! Be gone virgin fat!!

Way to go Petra! Yes, Halloween was a downfall for me too. I felt the need to do "quality control" on our candy and make sure it was tasty enough to give out! LOL!! Not to mention all the candy I received. In fact I skipped dinner that night and decided to just enjoy and eat chocolate! At least it has some calcium, ha!!

Otherwise, the week went pretty well. Once Halloween was over I got back into some pretty good eating. I even made a banana nut bread last tuesday that I STILL have not finished yet, a miracle since I would have eaten it in 1-2 days before! I've noticed my appetite has been increasing a bit, not sure if it's due to my milk production increasing or more muscle being gained or both. Julia can really put it away these days. :)

Workouts:
Mon - (2) 45 minute walks (one while eating all of Sammy's chocolate candy trick or treating)
Tues/Wed - relaxed
Thurs - Cathe Pyramid Lower Body, bike for 30 mins
Fri - bike - 50 mins
Sat - bike - 50 mins, Upper body workout, some abs
Sun - Cathe Pyramid Lower Body, ab workout

How did everyone's week go?

Marcy

Saartje
11-08-2005, 11:26 PM
I'm forgetting the days of the week and what I did when, but I just got a training journal (I find a preprinted one really helpful), so that'll be remedied next time.

Thursday - joined gym
Friday - walked 1.25 miles
Sunday - swam with DS (carried him in the pool)

(And today, I walked a bit more than 1.25 miles, and felt really, really good afterwards! I'm getting my pace up a tiny bit, just taking it easy so I can get back into shape without injuring myself.)

JulieL
11-09-2005, 07:44 PM
Petra that's great! Virgin fat is SO hard to get to, and nothing is as rewarding to see go away!!!

Well I saw a PT yesterday. I posted on the Lounge for those who don't know, that I was having back problems. So the PT assessed me, said things weren't to bad, and gave me 2 exercises to do and two stretches to do. I will be in twice a week for three weeks for follow up sessions. I'm shocked how weak my body is, though I knew it was, it was kinda sad to see it in the session. One of the things she did was have me lay on my side and do an inner leg lift, and I couldn't raise my legs very high, and not NEARLY as high as I use to be able to do, sigh... But I'll get back on the ball, but it's gonna be some blood, sweat and tears to get back to where I was before. But the good part is I have only 2 weeks till I'm 6 wks post partum!!!

Glad to see some newbies - welcome ladies!

jerseygirl07067
11-09-2005, 10:04 PM
Julie - glad to hear you're on the road to recovery!

Marcy

Lynnie
11-10-2005, 09:33 PM
Way to go, Petra !
Welcome back Julie ! Hope your back gets better soon.
Marcy, can I have the banana bread recipe? (no, not till I lose some weight)

Ok, so I gained a pound. Could not add it to my ticker, because I forgot my login name and password. I guess all of the halloween candy candy fattened my body and dumbed up my mind. :P

Good week work out wise, though. for me, anyway.

Mon- had no work, went to my gym near house, 20 minutes elipse, 15 minutes bike. walked around neighborhood trick or treating
Tues
Wed - power walk at lunch
Thurs
Fri - gym at lunch. elipse in school gym. bike in prison gym.

I am going on a cruise in three weeks, so I need to lose this last bit of weight already. My realistic goal is to lose at least 6 pounds and be under this little hump I want to get under.

Am getting a new brace cause the brace company did not give me the one the doctor ordered. nothing like a $1000 custom, yes CUSTOM brace that is not the right one. I told them.... anyway, I am also starting PT/rehab for the knee tomorrow, and will be going 3 X per week and am very excited about that.

Welcome all the new people - I was new not too long ago, and this is my favorite forum to come to now - everyone is so great and helpful, and inspiring. So hopefully I will put that inspiration to work !!

Think I'll go throw out the remaining halloween candy !

Lynnie
11-10-2005, 09:35 PM
I ALWAYS forget when I did what !! I think I'll have to get a training journal too. Half my posts say, "and, I forgot what else I did/didn't do !!

Great job so far !! :)