PDA

View Full Version : Holy cow!!! None of my pants fit anymore, NONE!!

jerseygirl07067
11-13-2005, 12:17 AM
Tooting my own horn...

Well I finally started on my shopping spree. I got a bunch of cash for the holidays last year which I never spent, since I was pregnant at the time. I told myself I would go when I lost the baby weight, plus the extra pounds I needed to lose.

I went to Old Navy tonight, and was looking for some new pants. I normally grab a 10, 12, and 14 since different brands fit differently. Sometimes I bring in an 8 just to amuse myself, and secretly hope they run big so I can own a size 8 that fits. Anyway, the 8 fit PERFECTLY!! I tried on the 10 and 12 and they were way to baggy. So for the heck of it I went to try on a whole bunch of size 8 jeans and they all fit so well! (Maybe moons were in perfect alignment tonight, LOL) I was shocked since I normally have to try on 15 pairs to find one that fits. Then for the heck of it, I tried on a size 6. I was ALMOST able to get them on!!! ALMOST!!

I am sure Old Navy must run larger, but for the heck of it, when I got home I tried on all of my pants and jeans. (Since I live in FL I haven't worn jeans since last March or so. And all of my shorts now are too big, so I've just been going around wearing everything baggy) Holy crap, they were ALL too big!! As happy as I am that my body has finally taken shape, I going to have to shell out some extra cash to stock up on pants/jeans for the cooler months. Time to look like a hot mama!

The funny thing is that my weight is actually still 5-7 pounds higher than where I'd like it, but apparently all of the weight training has really reshaped my lower half. I can now wear hip huggers and like them!! No more "mom" jeans, which is what I had lots of in my closet!! Yipee!!

Almost done tooting horn, but just a year ago I was discouraged that every year or two for the past few years, I seemed to go up a size. And now that I've finally taken charge it feels good to get to wear a smaller size. I just want to say that if you were experiencing that too, you are on the road to change! Eating well, cardio, weight training have really paid off.

Weight training, weight training, weight training....gotta love it!!

Marcy

niccig
11-13-2005, 02:07 AM
Yay Marcy! Doesn't it feel good. You can call yourself a Yummy Mummy.

I shopped at Old Navy the other day as well. Regardless of my weight, my waist v thighs are a different size, so finding pants is a long tiresome chore. Imagine my surprise when I walked out with 2 pairs. One is a pair of cords, relaxed through the thigh and bootcut, exactly what I need. I may go back and buy more in next size down for when I lose the last 10lbs. I also got a pair of jeans that actually look pretty good.

I'm still 10lbs over pre-pregnancy weight, but the weight training is paying off already. I can do proper push-ups without being on my knees - first time ever in my life. I love it!

psophia17
11-13-2005, 12:59 PM
If I could do cartwheels - I would!

I bought myself some sz. 20 jeans from Old Navy when I got so sick and tired of wearing my maternity pants all the time (this was a year after DS was born). It seemed to take forever to get down to a 18, and now I'm a loose 16...14 is next, baby, and then, when I'm a 12, I'll be content to maintain for the rest of my life!

I LOVE that feeling - and knowing you have earned the new clothes - even sweeter :) Congratulations, and job well done!

chiqanita
11-13-2005, 01:21 PM
Way to go!
I would like to offer some toots and a couple of beeps in your honor:
TOOT TOOT! BEEP BEEP!

Congratulations! I love Old Navy and when I lose about 10 that is where I'm headed.
I'll be glad when I'm back in my size 10s.

Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing!

kijip
11-14-2005, 01:58 AM
WOW! Congrats.

The resistance training really works wonders. When I was super fit, I could never tell people what I weighed and have them believe me since it was many pounds larger than I looked and wore.

aliceinwonderland
11-20-2005, 10:41 PM
How ar eyou doing this? At the gym, or is it a video of sorts?
Many thanks and YAY!! for you and your new jeans:)