PDA

View Full Version : DAY 1 - Challenge Check-In

psophia17
11-16-2005, 02:57 PM
Alright! I'm glad to see so many takers of my challenge!

Yesterday:
-I ate a bowl of high-fibre cereal as a snack, instead of for breakfast
-I drank several cups of tea, and a 1 litre bottle of water, so I made my 2-litre goal
-I went for a really long walk with DS, and I did an hour-long aerobics class

Not bad, for Day 1 - I weighed in today and was 180.8 - which is good considering how much crap I ate last week.

How did everyone else do?

kath68
11-16-2005, 03:06 PM
YOU and your !@#$ water. I just spilled a glass all over my keyboard (gurgle). Do I get credit for the spilled water?

But I did 3 glasses yesterday. Got in 20 mins of walking this morning (and will make up the difference at lunch today). Went to the gym last night. Got in my veggie at dinner. Didn't eat after 9:00. All in all, a good day.

crayonblue
11-16-2005, 04:10 PM
Well, I didn't know you were going to ask! I just started today but so far not so good.

1. I haven't had much water to drink (I'll go into the kitchen right after this post and drink a glass, I promise!)
2. I was cleaning out the fridge this morning and ate a TINY sliver of birthday cake. That is not good because I have the whole rest of the week to not eat any dessert now.
3. I haven't eaten after 8 pm because it's not 8 pm yet.
4. I am afraid I haven't done anything to reach my one smaller size by Christmas goal today!

Good thing tomorrow is another day and I'll have to worry about having to answer this question!

psophia17
11-16-2005, 04:25 PM
Spilled water doesn't count - and I know you knew that :P

Way to go on the rest!

bcky2
11-16-2005, 04:25 PM
ok, well i was supposed to start today but i am off to a bad start. i have not had any of my water, or much else for that matter. i started that secret santa thing up and have been on the computer for most of the day. so all i have had is a sugar free hot cocoa and some home made chicken soup so i guess that isnt too bad and it is already 3:30. i will do better tomorrow!!! they did ship my gazelle yesterday so that is a good thing :)

psophia17
11-16-2005, 04:27 PM
Seriously - don't sweat the small stuff - a sliver of cake is not a big deal in the scheme of things, it can be overcome!

Think Scarlett O'Hara - tomorrow is another day :)

psophia17
11-16-2005, 04:28 PM
No bad starts, only slow ones! Slow and steady wins the race!

Can you all tell I'm totally psyched about this challenge? Yay for us!!!

abigailsmom
11-16-2005, 05:44 PM
CHALLENGE CHECK-IN: I copied and pasted in order to address all of my points... I am starting today, but I will tell on myself so far.

OK... HERE WE GO!

I am challenging myself to

-have only 1 caffinated drink per day. So I better make them count!
-----1 Coke today, but I might cave to study with one tonight!

-Pass all of my classes this semester without having a breakdown. (this is going to be the hardest one!!!)
-----Don't even get me started on this

-to work out at least 3x per week no matter what. (When oh when will my time/money tree be planted?)
------I walked on the treadmill for 45 minutes today (quite a good pace too) and I walked around campus quite a bit at a pretty good clip

-Eat more healthy meals... not just feed them to my daughter!
------I had a biscuit with jelly for breakfast, toasted cheese sandwich and apple for lunch, chips and salsa for snack, 1 cookie to take care of the sweet craving (hey, I gotta live a litttle) ,no dinner yet...ETA later what I had

-drink LOTS of water
-----about 1 Liter so far today, but I typically drink alot while doing homework

-not eat after 8 pm!!! (Anything!)
-----not 8 yet, but we will see

I will be back later to update this.... have to run to the gym now...

Robyn

ETA:

I just weighed myself... I weigh 152 lbs.

I challenge myself to lose 12 lbs (to start with). If I do this I will reward myself with a new fabulous pair of running/walking shoes!

------Edited to add: I am changing this to either 12 lbs or one pants size. I tend not to focus on the number on the scale when working out b/c muscle weighs more than fat... so I may be getting smaller and not weighing that much less.

My reward for the rest of the stuff above will be feeling better, living longer, and hopefully getting out of this sad emotional state that I am in.

kath68
11-16-2005, 06:05 PM
BTW, in case you ar wondering, spilling water on your keyboard is *not* a good thing. Two hours after it happened, my computer fritzed and shut down. I have now been issued a new (usd) crappy keyboard whos letter "e" doesn't work so well. I cleaned it up some -- it was pretty gross -- but forgive me my futuree misspellings. It can't be hlpd.

chiqanita
11-16-2005, 06:17 PM
Here's my update: (along with my personal challenges to help me recall)

--I WILL drink 4 very large glasses of water a day (~20oz ea)
I had 3 glasses of water plus a water bottle in the car

--I WILL make veggies my main course at dinner.
I had a triple salad (green salad +chicken salad +sundried tomato pasta salad) plus a small french roll

--I WILL eat at least one piece of fruit a day.
I had a banana

--I WILL continue to walk for 30 minutes each day and do cardio MWF with my angels.
I didn't do anything. I have a sinus infection and a sore throat so I feel pretty blah.

--I WILL ban my favorite treats from the house
I dont' have any favorite treats in my house nor in my DH's car which makes it easy to be good. However, I have cruised the pantry a couple of times and my DH's Little Debbie Oatmeal Creme Pies are starting to look appealing! So do my DSx2's apple snack bars!!!

I suppose I did so-so but I am still feeling good about this group challenge. I find myself thinking about the check-in before I eat and while I'm drinking my water.

Lynnie
11-17-2005, 08:59 AM
well, I did not do as well as I had hoped, but I will try to focus on the positives, and not beat myself up:

I had 3 big glasses of cran-water

Although I skipped breakfast (Bad), at least I didn't eat cr@p

I had plain turkey for lunch (which I love), no bread or anything

ate only two slices of homemade banana bread that someone brought into the office, and which was delicious (wanted the whole thing)

No pastelito with the cafe con leche at 2:45 - was able to resist temptation

I walked fast on the way to rehab, and would have exercised more if I had not been in pain and told to rest the stupid knee. Did do arm raises and stretches and stuff while getting heat and ice.

I didn't eat any candy. whoops. I only ate 3 pieces of candy that people in my office gave me. They did offer more, which I declined.

I didn't have a huge serving of pasta for dinner, and I had some salad.

A small glass of wine is supposed to be good for you, so I had a healthy beverage with my small amount of pasta (romantic dinner with my 3.5 year old dressed as batman and my 1.5 year old dressed as robin. ha)

Thanks for doing this Petra. Was feeling discouraged, especially with the holidays looming, but I'll just try to keep plugging, and forgive my indulgences, and not throw in the towel and give up because its too hard to be perfect. I guess I'm frustrated, since I have only a bit more to lose/firm up, and can't seem to do it. But overall, most of my clothes do fit, and I am lucky my metabolism is as good as it is.