PDA

View Full Version : Challenge AND 11/14 Check-ins here!

psophia17
11-21-2005, 11:49 AM
Good morning all!

I was MIA yesterday - sorry about that! But I know you all wanted a day off, as I did.

In any case, i did pretty well overall until yesterday. I did manage to get in my water, but that was it. How did you do?

For the week, I did well.

Fitness:
Mon - walk
Tue - walk & aerobics class
Wed - rest
Thu - really long walk
Fri - rest
Sat - rest
Sun - rest

Nutrition was good because of the weekly challenge - after all the apples and fiber were consumed, and after I drank all my water and chai, there wasn't room for a lot of oatmeal creme sandwiches, thank goodness (not that I didn't eat them already!).

Like it says in my ticker - Virgin Fat Begone!!!

kath68
11-21-2005, 12:32 PM
This is how it went for me:
Good for exercise (3x walks, 2 1/2 times at the gym).
Good for water.
Good for the no eating after 9:00 rule.
During the week, food was good. Everything went downhill this weekend, though. Could have been worse, I suppose, but let's just say there was a little incident with chocolate. Well, three incidents with chocolate.

Woops! This is the start of a new week. Slept through the alarm this morning, but will go to the gym to make up for missing my walk.

I need to up the veggies this week.

Any advice on taming the holiday temptations?

bcky2
11-21-2005, 12:40 PM
as for the challenge i got in all my water yesterday and that was about it. i did promise myself that i would do my gazelle today and i woke up with a headache and a runny nose, and sneezing :( i did jump on it for 5 mins and thought that maybe i could do a few more 5 min workouts today as my asthma is kinda bad because of the cold i feel coming on. water, water, water here i come!!!!!!!!!

chiqanita
11-21-2005, 12:57 PM
Hi Cyber Buddy
I was thinking about the same thing....how do I resist all the goodies at the Thanksgiving Buffet.

My idea is to fill my plate with the usual Thanksgiving items; turkey, cranberry stuff, potatoes of both kind, and gravy. Oh, I do need some kind of bread. For dessert: ONE trip to the goody table for a small slice of pumpkin and maybe apple pie.

I will have to promise myself not to return to the buffet line again unless it's to get something for my DSx2 or DH.

I will drink iced tea or water.

I heard something about eating until you are 80% full....but my brain and eyes always want to clean the plate!

chiqanita
11-21-2005, 01:05 PM
I think my week could've been better if it weren't for the cold/sinus infection I had. Feeling better now.

Water: I was pretty good if not better by switching to a larger pitcher
Veggies: I did good, lots of veggies and salads
Treats: I did have a Turtle sippable sundae from Steak and Shake on Saturday and a package of Hostess cupcakes on Sunday. The cupcakes were irrisistable...they had purple icing and purple filling! I also had a vanilla latte but it was to help me wake up after a night of teething screams!
Walking/Cardio: Didn't do well here at all last week nor this weekend unless you count window shopping walking as exercise. I did go out for my walks a couple of times.

Today is better already: had an orange, walked over a mile (30 minutes), and refilled my pitcher once already.

Oh, DH finished his last oatmeal creme pie! Be gone Little Debbie! No treats in my house!!!

kath68
11-21-2005, 05:24 PM
Hooray! Little Debbie -- she is an evil temptress, isn't she?!

Good for you on the walking and veggies. I have no idea what a Turtle sippable sundae is, but it sounds *wonderful*. I hope you enjoyed it, and now we can move on to avoiding Thanksgiving pie....

crayonblue
11-22-2005, 01:02 PM
Sunday wasn't so good. BUT, I am happy to say that I ate a piece of cobbler with ice cream and it really was too sweet and I didn't enjoy it. After a week of little to no sweets, I am no longer dying for sugar.

JulieL
11-22-2005, 02:40 PM
Nothing to report really. I had my PT session and it went well. I'm excited to be getting on with my fitness. Tomorrow is my 6wk checkup!!! So I should get the go ahead to do it all!!! I'm so thrilled! My endorphins were really kicking off when I was in my PT session, I'm ready to kick it up! :) I'll have more to report next week.

Lana, when did you sneak on board? I'm so glad to see you here! :)

crayonblue
11-23-2005, 11:23 AM
Hee! Hee! I decided to commit to getting in shape after spending a week with my SIL who is 20 weeks pregnant and is 5'10 and can still fit into her size 2 pants!!!

I am buying an exercise bike today and I am so excited. I love biking so that is a great way for me to workout.

jerseygirl07067
11-23-2005, 01:28 PM
Oh, probably my worst week yet, but since I've somehow managed to be consistent with the workouts, wasn't totally bad either.

Mon/Tues - nada
Wed - 45 minute walk
Thurs - bike 30 mins
Friday - bike 45 mins

I didn't do any weight training though, which is what I really wanted to do also. Hopefully this week will go well. My goal is to get in two cardio sessions and two weight sessions before we go out of town for turkey day!

I have lost another 4 lbs in the past five weeks. I am now lighter than before I got pregnant with Sammy!! For some reason it's coming off so much easier this time. Aside from the fact that I am more diligently exercising and eating well, I think the fact that I was able to take such a long maternity leave (7 months) helped, because I had no stress at all. I know sometimes when you're under stress your body releases hormones and chemicals that hinder the fat burning process since it tries to hold onto fat. I say this because I just started back to work and feel very stressed already. Life just got way more hectic and chaotic, whereas before it was pretty easy. :(

All the more reason to keep up with the exercise and good eating!!

Marcy

psophia17
11-23-2005, 03:59 PM
How'd your check-up go, Julie? Are you cleared for take-off?

JulieL
11-23-2005, 07:29 PM
YEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ah now to find that gal whom I was 10 1/2 months ago! My goal - to get fitter than I was :) - and to go on another hard hike w/DH!

JulieL
11-23-2005, 07:31 PM
whohooo! Those spinning classes are sappose to be killers - now you can have one at home! :)

jerseygirl07067
11-23-2005, 11:10 PM
That is awesome Julie!! I remember how psyched I was when I got the go ahead.

Marcy